Royal Baby Watch

The royal family has plenty of money in their own right. They are not supported by tax money.

Queen Elizabeth, 85, has an estimated personal net worth of $500 million that comes from property holdings including Balmoral Castle in the Scottish Highlands, stud farms, a fruit farm and marine land throughout the U.K.; extensive art and fine jewelry; and one of the world’s largest stamp collections built by her grandfather.

The Royal Family gets a stipend of 12.5 million a year for their work (yes they work) in promoting tourism and British interests throughout the world. At 85, Queen Elizabeth gets up and goes to work every day. Princes Harry and William are in the military and go to work everyday at their military posts. Much of the money paid to "support" the Royal Family actually goes to the maintenance of the Royal Estate, which are the homes and castles that the Royal Family may use when they wish, but is open to the public.

The Royal Family brings more into the British Economy than the pittance they cost. No American football player would play a season for a mere 12.5 million.

Do you have any idea what a football player gets paid?

Why yes. I do.

Top salaries are going up all the time in the NFL, but as of 2011, the highest paid players made over $20 million. These players included Peyton Manning at $23 million (according to Richest People for 2011; Spot Trac has him at $18 million for 2012), Eli Manning at $20.5 million, and Donovan McNabb at $25 million. What these three men and other top-earning players have in common is that they are quarterbacks. It is the highest paid position on the field. The top earners according to Richest People for 2011 were Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford and Tom Brady respectively.
Average Salaries
The average salary of an NFL player works out to considerably less when not considering the top earners, but these players still make hundreds of thousands of dollars each. Bloomberg Businessweek says the average salary of an NFL player in 2011 was $1.9 million. The median salary was $770,000. When factoring in a typical signing bonus, these numbers can go up well into the $2-3 million range.
Each team used to have an overall pay cap that they could not exceed, which was set by the collective bargaining agreement. In 2008, it was $116 million. However, in recent years, the cap has been eliminated.
Minimum Salaries
The base pay of $375,000 for a rookie goes up with experience, so that players in their third season made $600,000 minimum, and those in their tenth season made more than $900,000. According to the collective bargaining agreement, there are
incremental increases each year until 2014, so that for the 2012 season a rookie makes $390,000, for 2013 a new player makes $405,000 and for 2014, $420,000.
Bonuses
None of the figures above account for the signing bonuses (unless explicitly stated) and other incentives any NFL player could be subject to. These can add up to a million dollars or more. Trading bonuses and buyout packages are also common. Celebrity endorsements and advertising is extra work for the player, but can sometimes pull in more than what players are making from the NFL itself.
How Much Money Does an NFL Player Make a Year? | Chron.com

What does that have to do with your statement that " no American football player would play for $12.5 million"?

Typical NFL salary is $770,000 and most will not make $12.5 mil in a career

Last edited:
As an American, I really don't understand the loyalty that the British have towards the royal family. The more immigrants Britian allows in, the less loyalty there is. As muslims take over the country, they will no doubt get rid of the monarchy at the first available opportunity. This child might not take the throne because there is no throne to take. The rule will pass to Mullahs.

You should read their Constitution. The monarch has the authority to dissolve Parliament, and has done that in my lifetime. As I recall, it didn't go well. But the royals have a LOT of power. They are just hanging out until the political climate changes and they can be back in control. The royals are biding their time.

The royal family in England is pretty much the equivalent of the kardashians here. They really serve no purpose and don't do anything but the people can't get enough of them and they make a ton of money doing it.

They have more power than you realize. Read their Constitution.

and the British Government pays them around 35 million a year. Talk about entitlements.

Yeah I really don't get it. at least make them come out with a fashion line or perfume to support themselves

The royal family has plenty of money in their own right. They are not supported by tax money.

Queen Elizabeth, 85, has an estimated personal net worth of $500 million that comes from property holdings including Balmoral Castle in the Scottish Highlands, stud farms, a fruit farm and marine land throughout the U.K.; extensive art and fine jewelry; and one of the world’s largest stamp collections built by her grandfather.

The Royal Family gets a stipend of 12.5 million a year for their work (yes they work) in promoting tourism and British interests throughout the world. At 85, Queen Elizabeth gets up and goes to work every day. Princes Harry and William are in the military and go to work everyday at their military posts. Much of the money paid to "support" the Royal Family actually goes to the maintenance of the Royal Estate, which are the homes and castles that the Royal Family may use when they wish, but is open to the public.

The Royal Family brings more into the British Economy than the pittance they cost. No American football player would play a season for a mere 12.5 million.

But he might if he thought that season would give him a shot at running the country.

The royal family in England is pretty much the equivalent of the kardashians here. They really serve no purpose and don't do anything but the people can't get enough of them and they make a ton of money doing it.

Isn't that even more disturbing then?

Yeah I really don't get it. at least make them come out with a fashion line or perfume to support themselves

But he might if he thought that season would give him a shot at running the country.

This football player did...
h14-1b.gif
Gerald Ford.

..and this guy just wanted to just play around the football players and became president anyway..
George+W.+Bush_11.jpg
Geo. W. Bush

Isn't that even more disturbing then?

Those royals haven't stayed in power by being stupid. Or particularly nice. They are just waiting for their day to come around again. They are NOT mere figureheads, but wield a LOT of power. I don't concern myself with their muslim problem. They can do just like the Netherlands did, tell them to leave if they don't like it. I feel reasonably certain the monarch is NOT going to allow the muslims to take over. I'm kinda glad my daughter is married to a 'subject.' At least we have a place to go when this country is ruined.

I might as well be 'the one'--lol.

It is reported that Kate and William have left Buckleberry.

Perhaps headed to London--where else would they go at the 11th hour.

The name may not be announced for 10 days.

I am leaning toward girl--no real reason --why not?

i enjoy the royals.

I am hoping for a girl.

i enjoy the royals.

I am hoping for a girl.

I'm sure they already know.

Dianna was the last member of the Royal Family that was the least bit interesting. The rest of them, most likely now and forever, are painfully boring and tiresome. I was in London during William's and Kate's wedding; didn't go near it, absolutely no interest. They are the most boring, boring people. The British press goes on and on about them, goes on and on about Kate and William, Kate's clothes, her sister, now the baby. OMG what a fucking yawn. They are figureheads and figureheads only and have absolutely no real power. That is not going to change. British people are democrats. They have no interest in having a real monarchy ever again.

Last edited:
The baby is late. Isn't it time for obama to step in and do something about the late baby. Where is his speech comparing himself to the baby? Can't obama claim to be a late baby too?

It's time for people to demand a congressional investigation on why this one woman is basically keeping the whole world waiting and it's time for obama to act.

The baby is late. Isn't it time for obama to step in and do something about the late baby. Where is his speech comparing himself to the baby? Can't obama claim to be a late baby too?

It's time for people to demand a congressional investigation on why this one woman is basically keeping the whole world waiting and it's time for obama to act.

Lame

Lame

Very.

But appropriate.

obama is king of the world.

Lame

Very.

But appropriate.

obama is king of the world.

Double down on lame

Hey, anything is better than Zimmerman and co.

This is probably the only imaginable piece of meaningless fluff that could actually make the ZimmerMartin myth look like relevant news in comparison.

There's millions of babies expected around the world by couples or singles at the same time, many of whom face bleak futures. Who's watching for them?

This is probably the only imaginable piece of meaningless fluff that could actually make the ZimmerMartin myth look like relevant news in comparison.

There's millions of babies expected around the world by couples or singles at the same time, many of whom face bleak futures. Who's watching for them?

And there are children starving in China. How much money did you send this month to Feed my Starving Children?

And there are children starving in China. How much money did you send this month to Feed my Starving Children?

Irrelevant -- I haven't brought my own children into an international spotlight in contrast, or suggested they should be "watched", and that's the missing ingredient. You have no analogy here; you have a red herring.

Last edited:

Irrelevant -- I haven't brought my own children into an international spotlight in contrast, or suggested they should be "watched", and that's the missing ingredient. You have no analogy here; you have a red herring.

6a00d8341bf67c53ef014e8bc18e98970d-800wi.jpg

Forum List

Back