🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

((( Rush's 25th Anniversary )))

"Free speech" huh? :rofl:
Why didn't you mention that 25 years takes us back to 1988, which is exactly one year after the Fairness Doctrine -- which used to require people like Rush to offer counterarguments -- was abolished? You remember Rush -- the guy who never has guests and screens his callers?

Yup, "free speech" as long as it's monologue.

I submit to you that since 1988 our political discourse has deteriorated with the demagoguery of demonization ad hominem talk radio. And to his "credit", Lush is the guy who pioneered it.

Some "success". :poop:

You're upset that on a mutually fair playing field liberal talk show hosts can't successfully compete with the conservative broadcasters and you feel free speech should be controlled by the FCC, is that right?

Hahaha. No, it's not. First of all, do I look upset? Didn't you see my dancing banana?

I'm just pointing out the irony of the OP claiming "free speech" referring to a guy who's got all the structures in place to ensure that nobody else around him gets any. I find that hilarious.

:lol:...

:banana2:...

So you regularly listen to Rush Limbaugh and know this for a fact?

btw Aren't you free thinking liberals required to go to a re-education camp after listening to Rush? Obama's NSA probably have you in their sights..

Doesn't the left have anything more to worry about than a voice on the radio? Take it in context, the people we elect have the power over life and death and we should be concerned about their morality and their agenda. The political appointees have delegated power over life and death and they should be constantly scrutinized. Media celebrities who pretend to be unbiased journalists are sources of propaganda. Tax exempt left wing activists like Media Matters who pretend to be unbiased but post their mission to attack conservatives should be considered. Left wing blog hypes like Huffington are admittedly biased and bigoted. Why pick on Rush Limbaugh? Because Huffington has convinced you that he is the enemy?

You're upset that on a mutually fair playing field liberal talk show hosts can't successfully compete with the conservative broadcasters and you feel free speech should be controlled by the FCC, is that right?

Hahaha. No, it's not. First of all, do I look upset? Didn't you see my dancing banana?

I'm just pointing out the irony of the OP claiming "free speech" referring to a guy who's got all the structures in place to ensure that nobody else around him gets any. I find that hilarious.

btw Aren't you free thinking liberals required to go to a re-education camp after listening to Rush? Obama's NSA probably have you in their sights..

Know what for a fact?

You shot my 'nana. Was it upsetting you? What, you didn't find it a-peeling?

Last edited:
You kind of have to admit, regardless of political view, a 20 million person audience for 15 hours a week is a lot. Who else has/had those kind of numbers? ...The Pope? .... Michael Jordan? ...Lady Di?

You kind of have to admit, regardless of political view, a 20 million person audience for 15 hours a week is a lot. Who else has/had those kind of numbers? ...The Pope? .... Michael Jordan? ...Lady Di?

"20 million" huh? :lol:

Interesting number. How did you come by it?
I just ask because the answer will be revealing. :eusa_shhh: No help from the audience please.

I just ask because the answer will be revealing. :eusa_shhh: No help from the audience please.

rdean told me.

He pulled it out of his MessiahRushie's ass.

Are y'all calling rdean a liar? That's not very nice.

Well if both answers are true, then he must be signing on to the Healthymyths coprophilia method.

Lefthanded no doubt.... :eusa_think:

what happened to that thread anyway? Did it get flushed?

Last edited:
OK, OK, let's show our studio audience and all the folks watching at home the correct answer:

>> Limbaugh's show reaches 15 - 20 million people weekly across more than 600 radio stations on which he is syndicated, it is frequently reported.

Or does it?

We asked Arbitron, the radio ratings measurement service, to give us data for Limbaugh. This is what spokesperson Kim Myers said:

"Unfortunately, we don't have show specific data for network programs. The syndicators, Premiere Radio Networks, are the only ones that have the station clearances. Without that, we can't figure out the show ratings data."

"If you want to look at the number of different listeners tuning into Rush's show, you'll want to look at CUME [the cumulative number of people who listen to the show weekly].Again, the only place you can get that information is through Premiere Radio Networks which is based in Los Angeles."

To put that simply, the only reason we "know" that 15 million people listen to Limbaugh is because the company that gets paid for syndicating Limbaugh tells us so.
<< (Limbaugh's Audience May Be Much Smaller Than you Think)

:oops:
(Mr. Rogers voice) Can you say "con artist"? Sure.

>> Basically, this "15-20 million" number has been floating around the media unaudited for four years (poster note: the article is a year old). Even if you assume, generously, that the CUME number holds true, here is how that would break down in real life, according to Media Matters:

"...common industry shorthand to determine the actual size of a radio audience at any given moment is to cut the cume figure down by a factor of 10, which would mean Limbaugh's 20 million becomes 2 million. Or, if you take the more modest cume number of 14 million, which some inside the industry have used to judge the talker's audience, Limbaugh's rating becomes 1.4 million, which is roughly the same size audience that Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann get each night on cable TV."
(ibid)

>> But estimates of Limbaugh's nationwide (and overseas) audience are exercises in guesswork, slippery methodology and suspect data. Limbaugh himself has muddied the water with the claim that he reaches 20 million people a week, although there's no independent support for that figure.

Arbitron, the radio industry's dominant audience-measurement company, has never publicly released a national estimate for Limbaugh, and it says, in effect, that the job is too complicated, expensive and time-consuming to bother with.
<< (WaPo)

In summary, basically this "20 million figure" comes out of Limblab's :poop:chute. I understand there's a lot of crap in there.

Last edited:

Know what for a fact?

That Limbaugh doesn't give the opposing view a fair chance to speak. On the rare occasions that I listen to Rush, liberal Democrats do speak but also seem to have the market sown up on stupidity as you would expect...

:lol:..just seemed like fun...sorry...:eusa_boohoo:

Last edited:

Know what for a fact?

That Limbaugh doesn't give the opposing view a fair chance to speak. On the rare occasions that I listen to Rush, liberal Democrats do speak but also seem to have the market sown up on stupidity as you would expect...

That's my point. They've been screened so that we only hear the brain-dead. Nobody who's smarter than Rush is going to be allowed to hit the airwaves.

Which must make a helluva workload for those screeners...

Know what for a fact?

That's my point. They've been screened so that we only hear the brain-dead. Nobody who's smarter than Rush is going to be allowed to hit the airwaves.

Maybe Obama should give Rush a call, he'd get to speak. There are rumors that Obama is brilliant but there's a complete lack of any proof as you well know...:D

Maybe Obama should give Rush a call, he'd get to speak. There are rumors that Obama is brilliant but there's a complete lack of any proof as you well know...:D

That's a good idea. They could sing a duet of "Barack the Magic Negro".

Actually it's the first day of Rush's 26th year. He had a T.V. show for a while but he is really just a voice on the radio and he doesn't even pretend to be a journalist. Why do radical democrats hate him so much when they pay to see traitors like Dan Rather who pretended to be a journalist and produced forged documents to try to influence a presidential election? Hatred does strange things to the left.
What a pinhead! His failed TV Show was on during the same years he had his hate radio program in the 1990s.

It ran for four years. That's considered failure by the left?

:lol:

Oh and btw Rush is the one who canned the show.

Rush Limbaugh (TV Series 1992?1996) - IMDb

Limbaugh terminated the show in 1996 after deciding the half-hour format, and its burial at the wee hours of the night was no longer an effective medium.

Actually, Rush's TV was a failure for the reason most of these radio types fail on TV.

They have a face for radio.

Rush's show was pretty much irrelevent after 1994.

The ironic thing about Rush is that he has spent decades trying to mainstream himself, from his attempts to become a football announcer or owner, to trying to get on TV, and he usually gets stomped down when he tries it.

But Oxycotin will always return his love.

What a pinhead! His failed TV Show was on during the same years he had his hate radio program in the 1990s.

It ran for four years. That's considered failure by the left?

:lol:

Oh and btw Rush is the one who canned the show.

Rush Limbaugh (TV Series 1992?1996) - IMDb

Limbaugh terminated the show in 1996 after deciding the half-hour format, and its burial at the wee hours of the night was no longer an effective medium.

Actually, Rush's TV was a failure for the reason most of these radio types fail on TV.

They have a face for radio.

Rush's show was pretty much irrelevent after 1994.

The ironic thing about Rush is that he has spent decades trying to mainstream himself, from his attempts to become a football announcer or owner, to trying to get on TV, and he usually gets stomped down when he tries it.

But Oxycotin will always return his love.

As will a quickie plane ride to the Dominican Republic... :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back