Russia says it doesn't mind if Assad stays or steps down

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Looks like Russia is not entirely in Assad's camp.

ov 3rd 2015 11:10AM

MOSCOW (AP) -- In an apparent effort to set the stage for transition talks, a Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman said on Tuesday that Moscow does not consider it a matter of principle that Syrian President Bashar Assad should stay in power.

Asked whether it was crucial for Moscow that Assad stays, Maria Zakharova said on the Ekho Moskvy radio station: "Absolutely not, we've never said that."

"What we did say is a regime change in Syria could become a local or even regional catastrophe," she said, adding that "only the Syrian people can decide the president's fate."

Continue reading at:

Way back when there were talks of transition. Obama would have none of it. He demanded Assad step down in the midst of this bullshit Arab Spring when the west was blatantly taking Sunni over Shia.

All Russia and Assad wanted was a peaceful transition.

This is on the books.

Hence the sons of bitches America Canada Britain the EU decided they just had to overthrow Assad. No peaceful resolution.

Now Europe is going to suffer big time. I love it. Islam has invaded Europe all because Merkel said they could.

MOSCOW (AP) -- In an apparent effort to set the stage for transition talks, a Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman said on Tuesday that Moscow does not consider it a matter of principle that Syrian President Bashar Assad should stay in power.

Asked whether it was crucial for Moscow that Assad stays, Maria Zakharova said on the Ekho Moskvy radio station: "Absolutely not, we've never said that."

"What we did say is a regime change in Syria could become a local or even regional catastrophe," she said, adding that "only the Syrian people can decide the president's fate."

Continue reading at:

Honestly if you look at the true time line Assad was always willing to negotiate a peaceful solution. Our guys wanted for some bizzaro reason well paid by the Saudis and Qatar wanted to not have a peaceful solution but to crush Assad.

That was never going to happen.

Continue reading at:

Honestly if you look at the true time line Assad was always willing to negotiate a peaceful solution. Our guys wanted for some bizzaro reason well paid by the Saudis and Qatar wanted to not have a peaceful solution but to crush Assad.

That was never going to happen.

Our guys wanted for some bizzaro reason well paid by the Saudis and Qatar wanted to not have a peaceful solution but to crush Assad.
I agree tinydancer, a peaceful transition is not part of the Western agenda. And the reason is, a fully intact nation state of Syria is not on the agenda. No point in looking for a new government to run Syria when there isn't going to be a "Syria".

Besides being popularly elected twice, I'd like the boards resident warmongers to list all the "terrible things" Assad has done to warrant Syria being invaded. Let me help:

1. He's an Opthalmologist.
2. He was born on Sept. 11th.

Go!

Besides being popularly elected twice, I'd like the boards resident warmongers to list all the "terrible things" Assad has done to warrant Syria being invaded. Let me help:

1. He's an Opthalmologist.
2. He was born on Sept. 11th.

Go!

You have the prerogative to drag yourself over here and make out like Assad and his regime were like knights in shining armor who wouldn't harm anyone. On the other hand, I have the prerogative to believe the articles about how the protesters were mowed down by the police, how many were tortured terribly in Syrian prisons, and how eyewitness such as doctors and the White Helmets (which is like our Civil Defense groups) saw barrel bombs being dropped. I think I also have the prerogative of believing what Aris has to say being that she is from that area, knew the Assads in person, and is still in touch with people in that part of the world. You see, we are all allowed to have our prerogatives.

Never claimed Assad was a great guy. But all that warrants Syria being invaded? That would strengthen our freedoms here exactly how?

Please send yourself or your kids over there and let us know how it turns out.

Never claimed Assad was a great guy. But all that warrants Syria being invaded? That would strengthen our freedoms here exactly how?

Please send yourself or your kids over there and let us know how it turns out.

I don't think anyone saw in your post anything negative about him. A couple of innocuous entries means nothing when people were already aware of those two facts.. How come nobody brings up the fact that because of the Civil War in Syria that ISIS saw the chaos and said that Syria was the stepping stone to the new Caliphate?

Forum List

Back