Sainthood for two former Popes?

How do you know? Do you have some divine enlightenment into truth?

Since when is religion about truth?

Who are you to say what the truth is or isn't? Do you have some magic power to proclaim the origins of the Universe and the development of Man?

The bible is full of lies is it not?

The bible is not about truth. Religions take the bible as truth therefore religions are not about truth.

It's not magic it's logic it's religious people that believe in magic.

I make no claim on knowledge of the origins of the universe. The truth is that we really don't know the genesis of the universe. We have theories that's about all.

it's the religious that think they have the absolute truth even though there is no tangible proof.

I can accept that we don't know and certainly would never say I knew all the answers.

I will tell you that religion is about power and control not about god. That I do know.

As a non-Christian I have no dog in the fight. But I am puzzled as to why Christians want to argue over whether positive role models and examples of specific exemplary behavior should be held up for emulation. If a Buddhist, Taoist, or Confucian sage is venerated for their wisdom, good teaching, and exemplary behavior; no one gets into a pissing contest about whether this is appropriate. We honor the good in a life without demanding perfection. And then Westerners wonder why these faith traditions regard the unseemly behavior of the Abrahamic faiths as signs of dementia and religious extremism. If you do this to each other, what hope is there that you will learn to treat people more different than you with respect and decency?

Forum List

Back