🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Samuel Sheinbein killed in Israeli prison.

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
American Held In Israel For 1997 Murder Is Killed In Prison Shootout : The Two-Way : NPR

Samuel Sheinbein, an American who fled to Israel after murdering a Maryland teenager 17 years ago, was killed in a prison shootout on Sunday during an apparent escape attempt near Tel Aviv.

The Associated Press reports:

"Police special forces rushed to [Sharon] prison in central Israel after Sheinbein stole a weapon and shot three guards, wounding two of them seriously. He then barricaded himself inside the compound where a standoff ensued, with counter-terrorism units dispatched to the scene. The inmate then opened fire again, wounding three more guards, before the forces shot him dead, police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said."

NPR's Emily Harris reports that Sheinbein, 34, reportedly had been on a day release for good behavior when he obtained a gun that he used on the guards.

She says in 1997, Sheinbein fled the U.S. for Israel after brutally strangling Maryland teenager Alfred Tello and then dismembering his body. He fled to Israel after Tello's remains were found.

"He claimed Israeli citizenship through his dad, a dual U.S.-Israeli national. Israel refused U.S. demands to extradite Sheinbein for trial, causing diplomatic tensions at the time. In 1999 an Israeli court sentenced Sheinbein to 24 years for the Maryland murder."

This was an interesting case because Israel insisted their laws oversaw ours. In the US, he'd have gotten life.

After this case, the Israelis changed their laws so only residents could use this excuse.

Last edited:
Glad this SOB is dead, too bad he hurt good men in the process.

Reading the story it seems that he was a bad man as well as being a bad Jew. May his agonised spirit find true salvation now he is dead. God grant him peace for his crimes

Reading the story it seems that he was a bad man as well as being a bad Jew. May his agonised spirit find true salvation now he is dead. God grant him peace for his crimes

He killed a young boy and was a true headache, so God will judge him now for better or worse.

What worries us are the guards who fight for their lives, now. praying for their full recovery:eusa_pray:

He killed a young boy and was a true headache, so God will judge him now for better or worse.

What worries us are the guards who fight for their lives, now. praying for their full recovery:eusa_pray:

My thoughts and prayers go out to their families

American Held In Israel For 1997 Murder Is Killed In Prison Shootout : The Two-Way : NPR

Samuel Sheinbein, an American who fled to Israel after murdering a Maryland teenager 17 years ago, was killed in a prison shootout on Sunday during an apparent escape attempt near Tel Aviv.

"Police special forces rushed to [Sharon] prison in central Israel after Sheinbein stole a weapon and shot three guards, wounding two of them seriously. He then barricaded himself inside the compound where a standoff ensued, with counter-terrorism units dispatched to the scene. The inmate then opened fire again, wounding three more guards, before the forces shot him dead, police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said."

NPR's Emily Harris reports that Sheinbein, 34, reportedly had been on a day release for good behavior when he obtained a gun that he used on the guards.

She says in 1997, Sheinbein fled the U.S. for Israel after brutally strangling Maryland teenager Alfred Tello and then dismembering his body. He fled to Israel after Tello's remains were found.

"He claimed Israeli citizenship through his dad, a dual U.S.-Israeli national. Israel refused U.S. demands to extradite Sheinbein for trial, causing diplomatic tensions at the time. In 1999 an Israeli court sentenced Sheinbein to 24 years for the Maryland murder."

I know other countries allow short releases for good behavior, but I frankly have never understood it.

If you are convicted of MURDER you stay in jail until you are released, paroled, or carried out in a pine box.

No winners in this story.

No winners in this story.

NO, there weren't.

But this isn't a guy who the Israelis ever should have went to bat for to start with.

I'm reminded of the story of the girl who picked up a viper to keep it warm, and it turned around and bit her.

"You knew what I was when you picked me up."

NO, there weren't.

But this isn't a guy who the Israelis ever should have went to bat for to start with.

I'm reminded of the story of the girl who picked up a viper to keep it warm, and it turned around and bit her.

"You knew what I was when you picked me up."
I agree. Israel threw him in jail for 25 years. He probably would have gotten the same here.

Well, it's not just that.

Israel has it's "Right of Return" to actually save Jews in countries where they face real persecution. Of course, in some cases, the persecution is because people are angry over Israel's policies, but never mind, it's a valid thing.

But America bankrolls Israel, we have reasonably fair trials, and the notion that Israel had to protect this guy from the bad Old Americans is kind of an insult.

Israel has it's "Right of Return" to actually save Jews in countries where they face real persecution. Of course, in some cases, the persecution is because people are angry over Israel's policies, but never mind, it's a valid thing.

But America bankrolls Israel, we have reasonably fair trials, and the notion that Israel had to protect this guy from the bad Old Americans is kind of an insult.

The boy pleaded his faith to escape capital punishment in the US and sought exile in Israel. He was tried and sent to prison for the crime.
He manged to get a gun in prison and shot a guard, he in turn was shot death by the guards.

It is over. He is not worth the time of discussing.

The boy pleaded his faith to escape capital punishment in the US and sought exile in Israel. He was tried and sent to prison for the crime.
He manged to get a gun in prison and shot a guard, he in turn was shot death by the guards.

It is over. He is not worth the time of discussing.

I agree, mostly.

However, I think what I find offensive is the attitude that he MERITED exile in Israel.

He killed Alfred Trello. He murdered him to "practice" a murder. He mutilated the man's body.

He should have faced the community and the family he had wronged, not said, "Well, I'm Jewish, let me flee to Israel and let them treat me so leniently I was able to go out on leisurely strolls at some minimum security prison."

Do you think some Palestinian activist who never murdered anyone is going out on leisurely strolls?

Forum List

Back