🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

San Fran...Its a City of Crime

Oh San Fransicko! you used to be one of the most beautiful cities in the USA!

all gone now...:(

That's the demonRats reverse Midas touch for you.
I used to live in San Francisco. The last time I was there was in 1977. It was breathtakingly gorgeous from the (then still working) Fisherman's Wharf, to the street of Painted Ladies, the stern military of the Presidio and Ft. Mason to the graceful Golden Gate Bridge. It was exciting, Grant Avenue exotic, and gently wierd in The Castro.

My friend and I ended our day of nostalgia, since we had both lived there at different times, at The Top of the Mark. I don't drink but in honor of the place and time I had a signature drink, Brandy Alexander. Very creamy.

The Mark was still giving out Squadron Shots. I don't think they still do that. A bottle of scotch was paid for and kept behind the bar by different squadrons. There were quite a few bottles. Anyone belonging to a squadron could get a free shot from that bottle. But, if you get the last shot, you have to buy a new bottle. Tradition.

One Navy Pilot came in for his shot. The last. He found out that the new bottle was $80.00. He grumbled but paid it. As someone paid for his.

I sat there with my friend, looking out over that sparkling city, Russian Hill, Coit Tower, the dome of the Palace of Fine Arts. There never was a city this beautiful. The last time I saw it.

I won't go back. It would be like looking at a dear friend's body decomposing. It breaks my heart, it really does.

I used to live in. San Francisco. The last time I was there was in 1977. It was breathtakingly gorgeous from the (then still working) Fisherman's Wharf, to the street of Painted Ladies, the stern military of the Presidio and Ft. Mason to the graceful Golden Gate Bridge. It was exciting, Grant Avenue exotic, and gently wierd in The Castro.

My friend and I ended our day of nostalgia, since we had both lived there at different times, at The Top of the Mark. I don't drink but in honor of the place and time I had a signature drink, Brandy Alexander. Very creamy.

The Mark was still giving out Squadron Shots. I don't think they still do that. A bottle of scotch was paid for and kept behind the bar by different squadrons. There were quite a few bottles. Anyone belonging to a squadron could get a free shot from that bottle. But, if you get the last shot, you have to buy a new bottle. Tradition.

One Navy Pilot came in for his shot. The last. He found out that the new bottle was $80.00. He grumbled but paid it. As someone paid for his.

I sat there with my friend, looking out over that sparkling city, Russian Hill, Coit Tower, the dome of the Palace of Fine Arts. There never was a city this beautiful. The last time I saw it.

I won't go back. It would be like looking at a dear friend's body decomposing. It breaks my heart, it really does.

It's all very depressing I agree.

I have the most lovely memories of SF, really nice memories.... but....now the place is like another world...a horrible world that I would never,never visit again.

Sad.

NaziKaren = A Democrat that has turned to extreme Communism and Fascism, using any and all means at their disposal to kill, maim, and destroy at will, in order to subjugate the people to their will.

Yup.

It's all very depressing I agree.

I have the most lovely memories of SF, really nice memories.... but....now the place is like another world...a horrible world that I would never,never visit again.

Sad.
I even have pleasant memories of Oakland. Lake Merit and Jack London Square. Now it's like a slum outside of Mumbai.

1. To be fair, all American cities were nice in the 1950s (when my mother and brother and I visited San Francisco).

2. We stayed at a nice hotel atop a hill, rode the cable cars, visited the famous zoo, had dinner in Chinatown, and visited the still developing airport.

3. We were there for about a week and then took the night train back to Los Angeles.

4. To be fair, all American cities in the 1950s were peaceful and orderly (except for a few rough areas in each city), But there was no wide-spread crime or homelessness in the nicer parts of those cities.

5. Then came the 1960s. It would be unkind to regurgitate the reasons why American cities started to deteriorate. Besides, we all know the various reasons. I shan't hurt anyone's feelings by specifying those reasons.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back