Santorum Wants to Enslave People Who Have Unconventional Sex

Yes, like the Dixiecrats...who all became Republicans or had their "come to Jesus" moment.

That's an Urban Legend, that I discovered by working in a factory in the South, is totally false.

Racism, sexism, homophobia etc., no longer find a comfortable home in the Democratic party. It is also obvious that they are MUCH more comfortable in the GOP/Tea Party these days. That's no urban myth.

Racism, sexism, and homophobia are not the realm of one party or the other. The Democratic party is supposed to be, according to you guys, a bigger club then the GOP.

That means that all sorts of people can be included. Including racists, sexists, and homophobes.

I used to believe the left when they said the GOP had all the bigots, until I started finding out the voting habits of some of the bigots around here. Turns out some of the worst bigots are still Democrats. They are the most closed-minded, stubborn assholes you'd ever want to meet. My guess is you've never lived here so you wouldn't know. I know of one who went around the factory telling all of the girls not to talk to me. Said I was black because I go out and have a drink with blacks. Said he would kill his kids if they ever thought of marrying one. Votes Democrat too.

Telling jokes about homosexuality by implying they may be a Peterpumper doesn't go over well with Red-neck Democrats. They don't think it's a laughing matter. They want to fight over it. They hate Gays. They're just as likely to want to drag them behind their trucks as they are likely to take another dip of snuff. They drive their trucks, ride their motorcycles, go hunting, go to church, listen to country music, love NASCAR, and all of the stuff you think is exclusive to the GOP.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Last edited:
Utter nonsense. I could provide examples (and I have many times here), but you'll refuse to accept them.

Because you don't want to see.

And for every one you provide, I can provide five.

You think you can, because you'll distort meanings.

There is no need to distort things like a picture of the White House surrounded by watermelons, fake money with buckets of chicken on it or the President depicted with a chimp family. Oh, and these weren't just morons with signs at a tea bagger rally, but Republican LEADERS.

I also know the difference between intentional and unintentional racism like O'Reilly and his "MFer I want some ice tea" statement.

If polygamists, bigamists or incestuous couples feel that they can put forth a case to allow their legal marriages, they can. I certainly cannot think of a compelling state reason to prohibit polygamy and would support it, but there are reasons to prohibit incestuous relationships.

What is your compelling state reason to prohibit non-familial consenting adults equal access to legal marriage? You've yet to present one (nor have any of the lawyers arguing against marriage equality, so don't feel too bad about yourself)

No one is prohibiting anything. Get a grip.

So that would be a no, you can't come up with a compelling state reason to deny marriage equality to gay and lesbian partnerships. Again, don't beat yourself up...lawyers arguing against marriage equality couldn't either.

It depends. What would you consider a compelling state reason?
Personally I think the legitimization of a deviant lifestyle is as good a reason as any not to permit it.

Yes, like the Dixiecrats...who all became Republicans or had their "come to Jesus" moment.

That's an Urban Legend, that I discovered by working in a factory in the South, is totally false.

I'm sure working in a factory enlightens you as to the history of Politics in the South like nothing else can.....:doubt:

He certainly has a better grasp of the reality than you do.
And not just on this topic.

Racism, sexism, homophobia etc., no longer find a comfortable home in the Democratic party. It is also obvious that they are MUCH more comfortable in the GOP/Tea Party these days. That's no urban myth.

Racism, sexism, and homophobia are not the realm of one party or the other. The Democratic party is supposed to be, according to you guys, a bigger club then the GOP.

That means that all sorts of people can be included. Including racists, sexists, and homophobes.

I used to believe the left when they said the GOP had all the bigots, until I started finding out the voting habits of some of the bigots around here. Turns out some of the worst bigots are still Democrats. They are the most closed-minded, stubborn assholes you'd ever want to meet. My guess is you've never lived here so you wouldn't know. I know of one who went around the factory telling all of the girls not to talk to me. Said I was black because I go out and have a drink with blacks. Said he would kill his kids if they ever thought of marrying one. Votes Democrat too.

Telling jokes about homosexuality by implying they may be a Peterpumper doesn't go over well with Red-neck Democrats. They don't think it's a laughing matter. They want to fight over it. They hate Gays. They're just as likely to want to drag them behind their trucks as they are likely to take another dip of snuff. They drive their trucks, ride their motorcycles, go hunting, go to church, listen to country music, love NASCAR, and all of the stuff you think is exclusive to the GOP.

One only has to look at the treatment of Sarah Palin by the Democratic Left to sense the rampant misogyny in the party.
In fact, anyone who does not hew to the party line will get tagged with the most bigoted racist, sexist, elitist terms. Something one does not find among conservatives. Look a the treatment of Juan Williams.

No one is prohibiting anything. Get a grip.

So that would be a no, you can't come up with a compelling state reason to deny marriage equality to gay and lesbian partnerships. Again, don't beat yourself up...lawyers arguing against marriage equality couldn't either.

Personally I think the legitimization of a deviant lifestyle is as good a reason as any not to permit it.

It isn't what I would consider a compelling state reason, but what the courts consider a legal and compelling state reason. Sorry, but you thinking gays are icky isn't a compelling state reason.

It isn't what I would consider a compelling state reason, but what the courts consider a legal and compelling state reason. Sorry, but you thinking gays are icky isn't a compelling state reason.

You asked if I could come up with a compelling reason. I did.
The fact that you dont find it compelling isn't my problem.

The state has an interest in seeing traditional families form because that is the source of the most solid, successful citizens. This is not in doubt.

The state has an interest in seeing traditional families form because that is the source of the most solid, successful citizens. This is not in doubt.

No, you came up with a personal and bigoted reason to prevent marriage equality, you did not come up with a compelling state reason. You did not present an "overriding harm" that would occur should gays and lesbians be able to legally marry the non-familial consenting adult of their choice.

Again, it isn't me that you have to convince, but a court of law. You've failed just like the lawyers did.

I r a redneck done good and I do not hate gays. Used to until I realized they are good folk like a lot of the rest of us.
Many of my red neck friends do not hate gays. Funny how when we get a little older and wiser we accept people for who they are and HOW THEY WERE BORN.

I'm sure working in a factory enlightens you as to the history of Politics in the South like nothing else can.....:doubt:

That's the kind of remark I would expect from a college kid who hasn't really been around as much as she thinks.

The only way you're gonna find out these things is to move here and work amongst them. I was skeptical myself till I started talking to folks during breaks and after hours.

I found it hard to figure why they did not support Gays or same-sex marriage, opening our borders to illegals, or why they don't believe in mixed-marriages but still vote Democrat.

The answer is they hate the rich even more.

I r a redneck done good and I do not hate gays. Used to until I realized they are good folk like a lot of the rest of us.
Many of my red neck friends do not hate gays. Funny how when we get a little older and wiser we accept people for who they are and HOW THEY WERE BORN.

That may be true in your case, but most people get more set in their ways as they get older.

And you're hardly a Red-neck.

I think you need to look up the definition of it to really understand what it means.

Git er done

There is no need to distort things like a picture of the White House surrounded by watermelons, fake money with buckets of chicken on it or the President depicted with a chimp family. Oh, and these weren't just morons with signs at a tea bagger rally, but Republican LEADERS.

I also know the difference between intentional and unintentional racism like O'Reilly and his "MFer I want some ice tea" statement.
Ahhh....so you're going to automatically dismiss the left's racism as "unintentional".

You're dismissed.

128814433030525722.jpg

That may be true in your case, but most people get more set in their ways as they get older. And you're hardly a Red-neck.

I think you need to look up the definition of it to really understand what it means.

Git er done

Why do you assume "set in their ways" means a bad thing?

No, you came up with a personal and bigoted reason to prevent marriage equality, you did not come up with a compelling state reason. You did not present an "overriding harm" that would occur should gays and lesbians be able to legally marry the non-familial consenting adult of their choice.

Again, it isn't me that you have to convince, but a court of law. You've failed just like the lawyers did.

I'm not a lawyer (thank Gd). You're not a judge.
The fact is that equal protection applies across classes of people. Gays are not a class of people. No one can look at someone and determine they re gay. Gay is not a creed. Ergo they do not require "equal protection" because they are already protected as citizens.
Gays want rights not currently in existence. Why should the state create a new class of rights? No reason. Why is the current scheme of marriage law insuffiicient, especialy where that law has been upheld by the sovereign will of the people? No reason.
The "gay" lifestyle is fraught with public health perils. Do we need to rehearse the different rates of: sexual promiscuity, sexually transmitted diseases, suicide, drug addiction, alcoholism, and other destructive and self-destructive behaviors among homosexuals? No, this is settled territory. Endorsing it will not make those problems better.

So.....if some dumb-ass shows up at a tea-party rally with a sign that doesn't represent the party's view everyone that showed up at that rally is responsible???

Maybe they should assign Jack-booted thugs to grab those numb-nuts and drag their asses off the site. Or how about this idea; Ask everyone not to bring signs to the event. That way the media can't rush over to cover only the sign. It might even force La Raza, SEIU, and other union lackys to bring their own signs and make the freaks and crashers more easily identifiable. Which is what they did.

Last edited:

That may be true in your case, but most people get more set in their ways as they get older. And you're hardly a Red-neck.

Git er done

Why do you assume "set in their ways" means a bad thing?

I think it's interesting how your questions take little or no thought.

Obviously you didn't think before you asked it, especially since youi profess to be a Lesbian.

Most of the time anyone, be they left, right, light, reft or whatever, claims racism they have no clue what racism is.
Racism is a belief. Racism is when one believes their race is superior to another.
As a result of that racism, a belief, sometimes others are discriminated against.
You can never stop racism, beliefs, with any law at any time.

Forum List

Back