🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Satisfaction with country higher than any point during Obama presidency: Poll

OP--well for 8 years the GOP obstructed everything he wanted to do to stimulate the economy but it did very well... Then they complained 24/7 365... It worked. The GOP has wonderful total b******propaganda.

It wasn't 8 years, ya lyin' con tool. :eusa_doh:

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

Two Presidential terms isn't 8 years? What are you babbling about now, Faun!
No, putz, it didn't take 8 years to fix the economy.

Since Obama pretty much gave up on fixing the economy around year two of his first term...how the economy reacted for the next six was due more to things like the Fracking Boom than it was Obama economic policy! Can you even name his economic advisors for his last four years? You know why you're going to have to Google them to show me up, Faun? Because they might as well have not even gone to work for all they mattered in that White House!
Typical lying con tool material.....

when the economy does well under a Democrat president, any excuse other than the president is what boosts the economy.

When the economy does well under a Republican president, it's because he showed up for work and the economy is better just because the president is a Republican.

When the economy turns south under a Democrat president, it's because of the president.

When the economy dives under a Republican president, it's because of the nearest Democrat you can find, but never, never because of the president.

You're not a lying con tool for nothing, ya lyin’ con tool.

14ndylk.jpg

It's all about economic policies...or lack there of, Faun! You want to make this about politics and it's not. Barack Obama struggled with economics. It simply wasn't his thing. Donald Trump was an economics major in college...it's TOTALLY his thing! You can't see that though...can you?
What I see is that Obama stepped into the worst economy in generations and handed his successor, who now wants credit for the economy he was handed, unemployment cut in half, stabilized inflation a record high stock market, and 83 consecutive months of private sector job growth.

I don't consider that struggling with economics. If you want to see what struggling with the economy looks like, look at George Bush. He turned 4.2% unemployment into 7.8% and growing, eventually hitting 10%. Took over with +2.3% GDP and turned that into -8.2% GDP. Became only the second president on record to leave office with fewer jobs in the private sector than when he started (the first being Herbert Hoover) Drove the Dow from 14000 to 6600. And gave us a 9 year war which his administration said would last 6 weeks to 6 months.

Can you even name his economic advisors for his last four years? You know why you're going to have to Google them to show me up, Faun? Because they might as well have not even gone to work for all they mattered in that White House!
LOLOLOL

I can show you up so easily......

Larry Summers was Obama first Director of Economic Council. He lasted almost 2 years. He was succeeded by Spirling, who lasted about 3 years. He was replaced with Zents (sp?), who also lasted about 3 years to finish out Obama's terms.

According to you, such short terms is evidence that they failed on the economy.

So check this out....

Trump's been in office for 17 months and is already on his second Director of Economic Council. His first one bailed after little more than a year and it's looking like his current one isn't going to last much longer.

So according to you, that's evidence that Trump is failing at the economy.

:lmao:

I like how you say it wasn't done to boost the economy but from the other side of your mouth, you claim that it took us out of the recession.

When did I claim that TARP took us out of the recession? It stabilized a bunch of banks so they wouldn't crash. That didn't grow the economy...it kept it from possibly cratering.
"When did I claim that TARP took us out of the recession?"

See that ^^^

That's what happens when you're a lying con tool like Oldstyle... you can't remember your lies....

W. saved the economy with TARP.
TARP had more to do with stabilizing the recession than the Obama Stimulus did. That was Bush's baby.
TARP stopped another Depression...Obama gave us the Great Recession because he didn't have a clue how to stimulate the economy and so many of his policies were job killers!

Ah, where in any of those did I claim that TARP took us out of the recession? I've been rather clear all along that I view TARP as something that kept the economy from getting worse due to large financial entities going belly up.
LOLOL

Too funny.

WTF do you think, "W. saved the economy with TARP," means?

Pretty much the same as "stopped another Depression"...or "stabilizing the recession" means! You struggle with grasping things...don't you?
No, I believe you do, since recovery from a recession is the result of ending the recession.

I'm curious, Faun...if I say that 1 and 1 equals 2...will you still accuse me of being a "lying con tool"? It seems like that's all you've got at this point.
Nah, this is just another lie of yours since I actually explain why every lie you tell is a lie. And you never say 1 and 1 equals 2. You say 1 and 1 equals 42134342 and then you try to spin your way into making that work.

LOL...you DID accuse me of lying about 1 and 1 equaling 2! You're like Pavlov's dog, Faun...you see a post by anyone who isn't a progressive and you start salivating and ranting about "LYING CON TOOLS!!!"
You're lying again. Easily provable. Find one other poster who's not a progressive who I've ever called a "lying con tool?"

Post a link to such a post or prove me right again when I say you're nothing but a lying con tool.

Can you even name his economic advisors for his last four years? You know why you're going to have to Google them to show me up, Faun? Because they might as well have not even gone to work for all they mattered in that White House!
LOLOLOL

Larry Summers was Obama first Director of Economic Council. He lasted almost 2 years. He was succeeded by Spirling, who lasted about 3 years. He was replaced with Zents (sp?), who also lasted about 3 years to finish out Obama's terms.

So check this out....

Trump's been in office for 17 months and is already on his second Director of Economic Council. His first one bailed after little more than a year and it's looking like his current one isn't going to last much longer.

Leaving while the economy was still staggering along is proof that they failed on the economy! Summers was bright enough to know that after Barry, Harry and Nancy blew all that stimulus money hooking up their supporters and didn't create any jobs that he wasn't going to get a "do over" with another huge stimulus. If huge government spending is your thing...and it was with Summers...then having to deal with a Congress that won't write you the checks to spend what you want to means that you're about as useful as tits on a bull.

There is a bit of a difference between someone "bailing" when the economy is doing so well that the Fed is raising interest rates at a four a year clip and "bailing" when the economy is staggering so badly that the Fed needs to keep interest rates at almost zero for the longest period of time in their history!

You had to Google that...didn't you, Faun? You had to Google it because you didn't have the faintest idea who Obama had for economic advisors for most of his time in office. The reason you didn't...is that after Summers and Romer...the rest pretty much sat on their hands because Obama was done trying to do anything with the economy.

No wonder the MSM is unhinged with the latest immigration border media campaign...

Satisfaction with country higher than any point during Obama presidency: Poll

More Americans are satisfied with the country’s direction than at any point during the Obama presidency, according to a Gallup poll released Monday.

The survey found that 38 percent of the population is content with the way things are going — the highest rate since 39 percent of the country reported they were satisfied in September of 2005.

The satisfaction rate, which Gallup began tracking in 1979, is also back in line with the historical average of 37 percent.

And it’s the first time since 2005 that Gallup has recorded consecutive months with satisfaction above 35 percent. Last month, 37 percent of the country said they were content with the way things are going.

One’s satisfaction with the country largely depends on one’s political party, the poll found.
From your link:

One’s satisfaction with the country largely depends on one’s political party, the poll found.

Republicans are racist. Of course they think the country is doing great. Unarmed blacks being hunted and shot, brown families being shredded, gays being attacks, women's rights being attacked. We are in GOP heaven.

The wages are not higher .

Obama saved us from a Great Depression . Trump is riding his wave.

He took us through great recession, and his cheering the economy with comments such as "you didn't build that", didn't help much.

'You Didn't Build That,' Uncut and Unedited - FactCheck.org

Link ^^^ for those not willfully ignorant and members of the echo chamber.
Hilarious that Mitt Romney previously used nearly the same words that Obama used.

LOLOLOL

So check this out....

Leaving while the economy was still staggering along is proof that they failed on the economy! Summers was bright enough to know that after Barry, Harry and Nancy blew all that stimulus money hooking up their supporters and didn't create any jobs that he wasn't going to get a "do over" with another huge stimulus. If huge government spending is your thing...and it was with Summers...then having to deal with a Congress that won't write you the checks to spend what you want to means that you're about as useful as tits on a bull.

There is a bit of a difference between someone "bailing" when the economy is doing so well that the Fed is raising interest rates at a four a year clip and "bailing" when the economy is staggering so badly that the Fed needs to keep interest rates at almost zero for the longest period of time in their history!

You had to Google that...didn't you, Faun? You had to Google it because you didn't have the faintest idea who Obama had for economic advisors for most of his time in office. The reason you didn't...is that after Summers and Romer...the rest pretty much sat on their hands because Obama was done trying to do anything with the economy.
All more lies. What a pity you can't be honest about anything at all. :boohoo:

Summers also did a two year stint for Reagan. According to you, that's because Reagan's policies failed. And now you're making up stupid excuses, citing no one but yourself, as to why someone would move on under Obama as compared to why someone would move on under Trump. And citing yourself is citing a biased confirmed lying con tool, so it's meaningless.

LOLOLOL

So check this out....

All more lies. What a pity you can't be honest about anything at all. :boohoo:

Summers also did a two year stint for Reagan. According to you, that's because Reagan's policies failed. And now you're making up stupid excuses, citing no one but yourself, as to why someone would move on under Obama as compared to why someone would move on under Trump. And citing yourself is citing a biased confirmed lying con tool, so it's meaningless.

Reagan wouldn't have even known Larry Summers EXISTED! He was a low level staffer at that point in his career who worked on the Council of Economic Advisors for a year...not two! If you think Summers held any sway on policy in the Reagan White House...you're as delusional about THAT as you are about why he left the Obama White House!

And if you think Larry Summers "moved on" after two years because his work was done and the economy was booming then you're the kind of naive fool who thinks a job "saved" is the same thing as a job "created"!

The wages are not higher .

Obama saved us from a Great Depression . Trump is riding his wave.

He took us through great recession, and his cheering the economy with comments such as "you didn't build that", didn't help much.

'You Didn't Build That,' Uncut and Unedited - FactCheck.org

Link ^^^ for those not willfully ignorant and members of the echo chamber.
Hilarious that Mitt Romney previously used nearly the same words that Obama used.

Wow...was that ever a stretch...how is that speech by Romney even remotely close to the Obama premise that citizens only succeed because of Big Government help?

What's really telling about that video clip by the way was how spot on Romney was when it came to Russia and how clueless Barack Obama was! Romney was mocked for his view on Russia. Fast forward four scant years later and suddenly "RUSSIA" is the biggest liberal boogie man there is! So did you want to apologize to Mitt now, R-Derp?

Last edited:
And if you think Larry Summers "moved on" after two years because his work was done and the economy was booming then you're the kind of naive fool who thinks a job "saved" is the same thing as a job "created"!
Two years after he Summers started, the economy was in recovery. By then employment had been growing every month for the previous 10 months, GDP had averaged over 3% for quarters 2, 3 and 4 of 2010, the stock market was booming and the number of foreclosures were dropping.

And of course, Trump's own [first] Director of Economic Council bailed even sooner than Summers did.

If you only get your 'Information' from Democrat Fake News', you'd think Armageddon is at hand. But the reality is, Trump is delivering. Most Americans view the country as heading in a positive direction. Once folks quit Democrat Fake News, they quickly realize there's a lot of good things happening in the country.

If you only get your 'Information' from Democrat Fake News', you'd think Armageddon is at hand. But the reality is, Trump is delivering. Most Americans view the country as heading in a positive direction. Once folks quit Democrat Fake News, they quickly realize there's a lot of good things happening in the country.
He's doing no better or worse than Obama so far.

Forum List

Back