Saudi Arabia classifies atheists as "terrorists".

From what I understand the parties had done all the talking and they just needed a facilitator to legitimize the deal. But I trust you may be correct, and I could be wrong.

As far as Iran and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, many of the today's problems with Islamic terrorism and radicalism can be traced to those two horrific events. Whatever stability Israel's peace treaty with Egypt and Jordan brought to the region and the world, the Iranian Islamic revolution and the Soviet invasion destroyed and caused a series of long term domino effects on the world geo political stage.

Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger (R) visited then President Jimmy Carter (D) around 6 or 7 times at the White House and begged him to allow the ailing King (Shah) of Iran to be allowed into the USA for a heart operation. 5 times in a row, Carter said no. The 6th time he relented, the Shah was flown in, and the revolution in Iran began. Historical fact.

I honestly don't think any president would have done much better in the hostage crisis. The hostages were also released BEFORE Reagan was inaugurated, btw.

But you are right, in the ME, it is just one crisis after another waiting to happen.

>The hostages were placed on a plane in Tehran as Reagan delivered his inaugural address.<
Bush senior delivered a message to the regime that if by the day Reagan takes office, the hostages are not freed, he will declare war on Iran. Maybe that would have yielded better results, long term.

Last edited:
I just find it hilarious that Egypt and Saudi Arabia have declared Hamas and Muslim Brotherhood illegal terrorist organizations. . Wow, after all these years they are finally waking up.

And yet, amazingly, the 34+ year old peace treaty hammered out by then Pres. Jimmy Carter between Menachem Begin and Anwar Sadat still holds. I believe this is the only treaty between Israel and any of it's neighbors that has held this long.

yea, money talks and Hezbolla terrorist dig holes from egypt to israel

Hezb'allah is not Egypt. You do understand the difference, right?

Egypt allows it to occur

every now and then, they will bomb a tunnel, but it's not like they are putting forth real effort.

egypt, like much of our ME allies is paid to be our ally, thinking otherwise is foolish

And yet, amazingly, the 34+ year old peace treaty hammered out by then Pres. Jimmy Carter between Menachem Begin and Anwar Sadat still holds. I believe this is the only treaty between Israel and any of it's neighbors that has held this long.

What are Hizbullah doing in Egypt digging tunnels to Israel?

:eusa_hand:

passing rockets to the Pals

Egypt allows it to occur

every now and then, they will bomb a tunnel, but it's not like they are putting forth real effort.

egypt, like much of our ME allies is paid to be our ally, thinking otherwise is foolish

Facts? Links? Or just your opinion?

Do you have any idea how long that border is?

Egypt allows it to occur

https://www.google.com/search?q=ter...j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

take your pick

and yea, egypt is our ally. you mad now?

Egypt allows it to occur

https://www.google.com/search?q=ter...j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

take your pick

Not at all. Should I be? :lol:

Egypt only wants our money, they could give a damn about America or Americans. Friends bought with money are worth nothing.

take your pick

Not at all. Should I be? :lol:

you were mad that SA passed a law about atheist that would send them to jail, but you are not upset about an ally helping terror groups kill people.

pardon me while I quell my surprise

Forum List

Back