Saudi cleric chides women for going alone to doctor

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I would imagine that the Saudi women who moved to a European country or to the Western Hemisphere are happy for the freedom that they have.

Saudi cleric chides women for going alone to doctor
World | Agence France Presse | Updated: February 13, 2014 23:01 IST

Riyadh: A top Saudi cleric has scolded women who visit male doctors without being accompanied by a male guardian, claiming that it is prohibited by Islam, Al-Hayat daily reported Thursday.

His remarks follow the death of a university student last week after paramedics were denied access to her campus because they were not accompanied by a male guardian, or close relative, a must according to the strict segregation rules in the Muslim kingdom.

"Women are becoming negligent in consulting doctors without a mahram (male guardian), and this is prohibited," Al-Hayat quoted Sheikh Qays al-Mubarak, a member of the Council of Senior Ulema

Continue reading at:
Saudi cleric chides women for going alone to doctor | NDTV.com

I went to every one of my ex-wife's visits to her male gynecologist.

I wouldn't recommend it.

I went to every one of my ex-wife's visits to her male gynecologist.

I wouldn't recommend it.

It is one thing to share an obstetrics visit as a couple, another to be there for regular gynecological visits. Males can stay away for the sake of both people, at least as far as the entry room of the office or down stairs in the car.

Forum List

Back