🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Scalia is dead. Now is the time to institute election of SC judges.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
That would require a constitutional amendment. I say elect them to 6 year terms. They have given themselves authority to write laws and amend the constitution and they must be held accountable by the public.

Why did the Founding Fathers give them lifelong tenure when they wrote the constitution? Because the FF never foresaw the day when judges would be legislators. They would be appalled at how unelected judges have final say on every issue in america. The very first words of the constitution after the preamble are "all legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states. That means JUDGES CANNOT WRITE LAWS. But they do it all the time.

That would require a constitutional amendment. I say elect them to 6 year terms. They have given themselves authority to write laws and amend the constitution and they must be held accountable by the public.

Why did the Founding Fathers give them lifelong tenure when they wrote the constitution? Because the FF never foresaw the day when judges would be legislators. They would be appalled at how unelected judges have final say on every issue in america. The very first words of the constitution after the preamble are "all legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states. That means JUDGES CANNOT WRITE LAWS. But they do it all the time.
No, the time to change the rules is after Obama appoints the next justice.

You don't deal a game of poker and then change the rules mid hand.

Why did the Founding Fathers give them lifelong tenure when they wrote the constitution? Because the FF never foresaw the day when judges would be legislators.

Some did. Marbury v. Madison, 1803.

Interesting idea- certainly it would make the Supreme Court much more political- which is of course what you want.

By the way- once again you display your deep ignorance of the Constitution.

Not that I will spoil it by telling you what that is.

Interesting idea- certainly it would make the Supreme Court much more political- which is of course what you want.

Democrat appointed justices ARE political.

Hey einstein. What does poker have to do with this? THINK

Hey dumbass, do you really want the judges on the highest court in the land to be politicians? Do you want them pandering to people who will help them get re-elected? Do you want them to spend half their time in office working to get re-elected?

The entire point of having justices appointed for life is that it removes them from the political influences. THINK

Democrat appointed justices ARE political.

Supreme Court justices are only political to you when they rule In favor of things you don't approve of. Its funny watching some hypocrites of the right display not only their ignorance but their straight out stupidity.

Obama can't do it on his own it needs to be approved by the Senate.

A painfully foolish idea from a painfully foolish individual. No, thank you!

Forum List

Back