Scalia question

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
Can Republican's prevent Obama from making new appointment? I think appointment should be made by the new President. Obama lame duck, USSC lifetime position, so if new Justice is say 46 years old to 50 years old, he or she can be on bench for 30 years or even 40 years. Obama choose Leftist of course, so your First and Second Amendments might be at risk.

The new President should make this appointment IMHO.

Can Republican's prevent Obama from making new appointment? I think appointment should be made by the new President. Obama lame duck, USSC lifetime position, so if new Justice is say 46 years old to 50 years old, he or she can be on bench for 30 years or even 40 years. Obama choose Leftist of course, so your First and Second Amendments might be at risk.

Yep

What happens if a democrat gets elected president?

• Banned

What happens if a democrat gets elected president?

Same thing, the new President either way IMHO should choose new Justice.

There's no question the 2nd amendment would be in jeopardy. So would the first and a host of others. And yes, the Republicans could stop him but since the GOP leadership are all enablers, they most likely won't.

There's no question the 2nd amendment would be in jeopardy. So would the first and a host of others. And yes, the Republicans could stop him but since the GOP leadership are all enablers, they most likely won't.
They have seem to work better with Oblama when it's a secret..

• Banned

This then would be the ultimate act of Cuckservatism.

Sorry you don't like who the president is. Rules are rules. It's Obama's pick.

If they have no real objection the court just got a lot less conservative.

You can't anull a previous recent election at your whim. This president was elected and those votes say this president should and will exercise the power THE PEOPLE gave him.

Period.

HAHAHA. You ignorant jackass. The president can only make the nomination. Then the senate must confirm him and there is no timeline on that.

Actually obozo could make a recess appointment but that would be temporary.

Last edited:

Sorry, you lost that argument a long time ago when you condoned Democrats blocking Republican appointees. What's good for the goose...

And the Senate's choice to approve or not, or even act upon it.

He's a pot head, you're wasting your time explaining stuff to him.

Sorry, you lost that argument a long time ago when you condoned Democrats blocking Republican appointees. What's good for the goose...
We win either way. Perfect time for the conservative fat bastard to die. He's everything I hate about conservatives.

No way the next justice will be a dick like him. And this is going to help Democrats.

If you haven't noticed Mitch and Ryan have been low key BC its an election year. Let the Republicans start behaving badly commence.

And next year hillary will appoint obama

Yes, but I must confess there's a certain remote amusement to kicking the slow-witted here.

And your a loser but we explain stuff to you all the time.

Yes, but I must confess there's a certain remote amusement to kicking the slow-witted here.
Dont pretend scalias timing is good. You know its not dummy

Forum List

Back