Scape Goat

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
So many off the cuff comments about education being "broken" or "wrong." What exactly are you talking about? Lately, so many outraged declarations against "indoctrination" and "brainwashing." Has anyone making such courageous stances observed any of the referenced teaching for themselves? Anyone? So many weak-minded, easily manipulated fools are led by the nose by the media and react exactly as they are ORDERED to.

Has anyone making such courageous stances observed any of the referenced teaching for themselves? Anyone?

My youngest son graduated from high school in 2018. During the ceremony, the biggest fuss they made over any one student was over a girl who received their "social justice" award. They were absolutely glowing over her accomplishments.

When I asked my son about her, he described her as a B student who was constantly in everybody's face bullying them, and brow beating them into silence lest they offer a thought of their own.

Meanwhile, there was a boy in the school who got a full ride scholarship to Yale to study Physics who wasn't even mentioned, nor the kids who were the top musicians (like my son) or any other kid who truly excelled.

Maybe if teachers ( or people who say they are teachers) weren't constantly posting on the internet during school hours when they should actually be doing their jobs people would have a better opinion of our education system.

All parents want from the teachers in America is for them to teach reading, writing, math, history, science. It is not their place to teach our children about anything else. We will teach our kids about life. Nobody else's business.

So many off the cuff comments about education being "broken" or "wrong." What exactly are you talking about? Lately, so many outraged declarations against "indoctrination" and "brainwashing." Has anyone making such courageous stances observed any of the referenced teaching for themselves? Anyone? So many weak-minded, easily manipulated fools are led by the nose by the media and react exactly as they are ORDERED to.

My fellow conservatives are reacting to this just like Leftists did when they got up in arms about George Floyd and then wanted to "defund the police". Now every teacher in every classroom all across the USA is a freaking groomer...or if not, should be held liable for not outing the groomers that are surely in the classroom next door.

This is how we do things in modern America in the age of Social Media. Find the most outlandish examples, splash them everywhere, and pretend this it is ubiquitous.

No one cares to think that there might be any repercussions to this. No one cares to think about the endgame when all of the TRULY GOOD 20s and 30s teachers I know quit next year.

Oh well. Let it burn.

My youngest son graduated from high school in 2018. During the ceremony, the biggest fuss they made over any one student was over a girl who received their "social justice" award. They were absolutely glowing over her accomplishments.

When I asked my son about her, he described her as a B student who was constantly in everybody's face bullying them, and brow beating them into silence lest they offer a thought of their own.

Meanwhile, there was a boy in the school who got a full ride scholarship to Yale to study Physics who wasn't even mentioned, nor the kids who were the top musicians (like my son) or any other kid who truly excelled.
Kids like that that Physics scholar, and your son, will be rewarded by life itself for their talent and for the effort they put into developing that talent. Particularly, the part of life that is the semi-free market will have places of honor and prosperity for them, all of their lives.

That liberal bully need not wait for her moment in the sun. She has had it. Her next step is college, where her social justice advocacy will not set her apart and where she will be scrutinized much more harshly. She may well make a slip - the merest suggestion of deviation from The Dogma - that causes her to be ostracized by the very bullies that she now emulates.

Forum List

Back