🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Scott Walker: early voting bad, early lobbying good

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
Scott Walker signed a bill cutting early voting, then signed another allowing lobbyists to donate earlier. I guess he has his priorities straight.

Scott Walker Signs Bill Limiting Early Voting, But Uses Partial Veto
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) signed a bill Thursday limiting early voting in the state, but vetoed a portion of the bill that would have restricted early voting to no more than 45 hours a week.

According to the AP, the bill limits in-person absentee voting to no later than 7 p.m. on weeknights and prohibits early voting on the weekends.

StarTribune.com Mobile | News, weather, sports
Gov. Scott Walker has quietly signed into law a bill that lets lobbyists to start making campaign donations to candidates for office seven weeks earlier than previously allowed.

The bill was among 30 that Walker signed privately on Thursday morning in Milwaukee.

The new law allows lobbyists to start making personal donations the day candidates can circulate petitions for office, which is April 15. Under previous law they couldn't make any donations until June 1.

Last edited:
Now can anyone explain why voting early is bad? I mean, it seems there is a pattern to limit instead of expand voting opportunities.

If you can't get to the polling place on time, kindly fuck off and don't complain

Aww, Huffo Puffo doesn't like Scott Walker signing a bill that was passed by the legislature.

Now can anyone explain why voting early is bad? I mean, it seems there is a pattern to limit instead of expand voting opportunities.

Early voting is another abomination created by liberals.

One of my duties during elections is to open and close one of our early voting sites. I am there every morning and every evening for 14 straight days.

I refuse to vote early even though it would be the most convenient way for me to vote.

I vote on Election Day.

• Banned

One of my duties during elections is to open and close one of our early voting sites. I am there every morning and every evening for 14 straight days.

I refuse to vote early even though it would be the most convenient way for me to vote.

I vote on Election Day.

Well, you must be very proud of yourself. But some people have a hard time getting to the polls during normal hours. What's wrong with allowing people to vote early?

I vote on Election Day.

I don't see how it's an abomination to allow those that work hard and long hours (democrats) the ability to vote when they can, rather than sit in line all day because they are unemployed and have nothing better to do (republicans)

I vote on Election Day.

Well, you must be very proud of yourself. But some people have a hard time getting to the polls during normal hours. What's wrong with allowing people to vote early?

Because it costs 5-10 times more per ballot cast than election day.

Voting was one day for 12 hours.

Now we have 14 extra days at 12 hours. including 2 sat. and 2 sun.

And some would say it's still not enough.

Oh, and I forgot, we have no excuse absentee voting. That means you can get a ballot mailed to your home, fill it out at your dinner table, and mail it back. Voting without ever leaving your house.

Still not good enough for liberals.

I vote on Election Day.

Ever heard of absentee ballots? Do people have a hard time getting to their mailbox too?......

I vote on Election Day.

Ever heard of absentee ballots? Do people have a hard time getting to their mailbox too?......

Absentee ballots are often challenged and not accepted. Is that acceptable to you?

I vote on Election Day.

Because it costs 5-10 times more per ballot cast than election day.

Voting was one day for 12 hours.

Now we have 14 extra days at 12 hours. including 2 sat. and 2 sun.

And some would say it's still not enough.

Oh, and I forgot, we have no excuse absentee voting. That means you can get a ballot mailed to your home, fill it out at your dinner table, and mail it back. Voting without ever leaving your house.

Still not good enough for liberals.

Thats a huge span...I mean is it 5 times more? 7? or 10?

Do you have any links to back that up?

Absentee ballots are often challenged and not accepted. Is that acceptable to you?

Regular ballots are challenged and not accepted too. You people just seem to want to change the voting system until you get the results you want, and if it doesn't work, then it needs changed again.

With all due respect, shut up about it. We have a voting system. Here it is. Do this, and vote. Otherwise, shut your trap, and find something productive to do with your life, other than complain.

Regular ballots are challenged and not accepted too. You people just seem to want to change the voting system until you get the results you want, and if it doesn't work, then it needs changed again.

With all due respect, shut up about it. We have a voting system. Here it is. Do this, and vote. Otherwise, shut your trap, and find something productive to do with your life, other than complain.

Thats the motto of the authoritarian. Thats how it is and thats the way it should be

Thats the motto of the authoritarian. Thats how it is and thats the way it should be

Authoritarians want to enforce a voting system that allows people to choose who is in office?

What's the opposite? Democratic people want a voting system that has no rules, no controls, and allows anyone to sway the election system that has lax governance? Where the rules change every election on a whim?

Do you realize how stupid you look right now? What do you think? Only completely anarchy in elections, results in stable government?

Authoritarians want to enforce a voting system that allows people to choose who is in office?

What's the opposite? Democratic people want a voting system that has no rules, no controls, and allows anyone to sway the election system that has lax governance? Where the rules change every election on a whim?

Do you realize how stupid you look right now? What do you think? Only completely anarchy in elections, results in stable government?

Only when I hit home does someone try to rearrange my words into something completely different.

No matter what they do I imagine "This is how it is, fall in line" will always be your response. Until, of course, something changes that you care about

Only when I hit home does someone try to rearrange my words into something completely different.

No matter what they do I imagine "This is how it is, fall in line" will always be your response. Until, of course, something changes that you care about

Which does not change anything I said. If you can just change the rules any time the election doesn't give you the outcome you want... then there are no rules, and anarchy and evil rules the day.

No matter what they do I imagine "We don't like the outcome, let's change the rules again" will always be your response. Until of course, you get the outcome you want, and someone tries to change the rules you care about.

Forum List

Back