SCOTUS Strikes Out on DACA

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
“Judges are like umpires,” declared Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts during his own confirmation hearings in 2005. “The role of an umpire and a judge is … a limited role. Nobody ever went to a ballgame to see the umpire.”

Roberts is certainly right about umpires, but he’s wrong about the role he’s assumed lately on the bench. In siding with the Supreme Court’s four liberal justices, he rejected the Trump administration’s 2017 decision to cancel Barack Obama’s notorious DACA program on purely procedural grounds. The Court, according to The Wall Street Journal, “said the administration acted arbitrarily when it moved to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, failing to offer adequate reasons for doing so.”

Thus, when faced with a supremely consequential court case affecting both our nation’s immigration policy and the lives of hundreds of thousands of DACA recipients, the chief justice yelled “Ball!” to a down-the-middle strike — all because he didn’t like the way it curved coming into the zone.

BJ- The pull quote

Or, as National Review’s editors put it, the Court has given “amnesty to illegal regulations.”

Soon Roberts and company will repeal second amendment rights.

The big problem there will be, convincing local law enforcement to take our guns away who view it as a Constitutional right no matter how bad Roberts is foaming at the mouth saying otherwise.

My guess is that this is the reason why the Left is putting local law enforcement through hell right now, they seek to nationalize the police so that they swear allegiance to the Executive branch and can be hand picked by them, much like Hitler created the SS to do his dirty work for him.

The big problem there will be, convincing local law enforcement to take our guns away who view it as a Constitutional right no matter how bad Roberts is foaming at the mouth saying otherwise.

My guess is that this is the reason why the Left is putting local law enforcement through hell right now, they seek to nationalize the police so that they swear allegiance to the Executive branch and can be hand picked by them, much like Hitler created the SS to do his dirty work for him.

I suppose you could be right, but it's more liikely that people finally decided cops shouldn't be able to kill people when there is no reason for it.

I suppose you could be right, but it's more liikely that people finally decided cops shouldn't be able to kill people when there is no reason for it.
If only they were infants in the womb

Say, should cops perform abortions?

“Judges are like umpires,” declared Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts during his own confirmation hearings in 2005. “The role of an umpire and a judge is … a limited role. Nobody ever went to a ballgame to see the umpire.”

Roberts is certainly right about umpires, but he’s wrong about the role he’s assumed lately on the bench. In siding with the Supreme Court’s four liberal justices, he rejected the Trump administration’s 2017 decision to cancel Barack Obama’s notorious DACA program on purely procedural grounds. The Court, according to The Wall Street Journal, “said the administration acted arbitrarily when it moved to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, failing to offer adequate reasons for doing so.”

Thus, when faced with a supremely consequential court case affecting both our nation’s immigration policy and the lives of hundreds of thousands of DACA recipients, the chief justice yelled “Ball!” to a down-the-middle strike — all because he didn’t like the way it curved coming into the zone.

BJ- The pull quote

Or, as National Review’s editors put it, the Court has given “amnesty to illegal regulations.”
Roberts is an umpire working for the liberal team

BJ- The pull quote

Oh stop crying.

They are the last word on cases. So we accept the ruling whether we like it or not.

We can have new laws written so just because what trump has done won't be allowed to be enacted, it doesn't mean that we won't have some legislation to solve this situation.

All we need is for politicians in the House and Senate to work together, cooperate and compromise.

That's the problem. Neither side will do that so we are stuck with what we have.

If you don't like it, that's your problem.

BJ- The pull quote

Roberts is an umpire working for the liberal team
And Gorsuch.

If only they were infants in the womb

Say, should cops perform abortions?

Such a dumb remark. Post often. It's important that sane people see just how dumb Trump supporters are.

Even Obama admitted his executive order was not constitutional.

However, the SCOTUS has indeed confirmed that the POTUS, is indeed the king, and kings can enact whatever they want, they only need to wave their scepter, and voila !

The commission of a crime, especially a felony, is more than sufficient cause for an individual to be killed by law enforcement.

The problem is mostly Roberts who is a schemer

his next decision on some minor issue may be more conservative to throw his critics a curve

it all depends on how he feels on any given day

You should be worried about a National Police Force. There are reasons for things we see and this may be one. This was spouted by a CIA leader back in the 1970's I believe. We are to be blended into the North American Union. Three nations. Mexico, Canada and our nation. We will be one of at least several confederate nations ruled by a central globalist cabal. We are already at least part way there and maybe more then that. The world is a lot poorer then us. We must get poorer to be part of this organization and we are.

We can have new laws written so just because what trump has done won't be allowed to be enacted, it doesn't mean that we won't have some legislation to solve this situation.

Can Trump? He has proven time and time again that he is incapable of passing legislation through Congress, which is why he will ahve no legacy, except the one of lying and incompetence.

The commission of a crime, especially a felony, is more than sufficient cause for an individual to be killed by law enforcement.
Since when were cops assigned the duties of judge, jury, and executioner?

You should be worried about a National Police Force. There are reasons for things we see and this may be one. This was spouted by a CIA leader back in the 1970's I believe. We are to be blended into the North American Union. Three nations. Mexico, Canada and our nation. We will be one of at least several confederate nations ruled by a central globalist cabal. We are already at least part way there and maybe more then that. The world is a lot poorer then us. We must get poorer to be part of this organization and we are.

I'm guessing either Limbaugh or hannity did a rant on National Police Force today. Am I right?

Don't mind him, he is batshit nuts.

Don't mind him, he is batshit nuts.

Thanks. I noticed that.

Forum List

Back