Sebelius ordered to make exception on transplant

A non-profit called United Network for Organ Sharing makes the determinations. There are laws that govern organ donation, but that's not making the determination any more than saying the government determines which toys are produced because you can't sell toys with lead paint.

A non-profit called United Network for Organ Sharing makes the determinations. There are laws that govern organ donation, but that's not making the determination any more than saying the government determines which toys are produced because you can't sell toys with lead paint.
Who writes the fucking laws?

This is like saying Don Vito doesn't have any control over what Tessio and Clemenza do.

This is an ugly, no win position for anyone.

No one wants to see this little girl die because she didn't get a transplant. However, who just got bumped down the list so that she could be put on it?

"Some are gonna live, some are gonna die" is a very crass and crude way of putting it, but it is the truth in a nutshell.

Someone is going to live because they got the transplant and someone is going to die because they didn't. And that doesn't even take into consideration that someone had to die to make the organ available to be transplanted in the first place.

There is no easy or "right" answer here.

Her mom has been able to take her case to the American people to get her daughter on the list. Make no mistake about it. She wants her daughter to live and if I were in her place, I would have done the same thing given half a chance.

But that does mean that if her daughter gets the lung or lungs, someone else isn't.

I can't and won't condemn anyone here for anything other than for the use of language that could have been better said or left unsaid all together.

Just remember one thing.. In the Obama-care law, the HHS has more power than anyone else in the country. That person can literally say who will live and who will die because of the way the law was written.

Forum List

Back