Secretary Carson’s Agenda to Reform Public Housing

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
stop-mold01.jpg

[A little off topic but this could easily be some housing provided to members of our military]

We know this is not going to thrill the Left. But it sure makes a lot of sense.

Carson, who has pushed many reforms on federal housing policies, shared with The Daily Signal his plans for making housing more affordable in the United States and lifting more Americans out of poverty.

Here are three agenda items the HUD secretary says he is working on during 2019:

1. Work Requirements for Rental Assistance

2. Private-Sector Help to Rehabilitate Public Housing

3. Deregulating a Path to Affordable Housing

Much more @ HUD Secretary Carson’s Ambitious Agenda for Reforming Public Housing

Did he stop the section 8 subsidizing of million-dollar houses for people that can't afford them yet?

He should sell off all of the public housing in Manhattan to private developers, giving the tenants $150,000 to move.

1. Military housing is fine.
2. I support a work requirement for rental assistance
3. Private-sector help to rehab public housing is also called "charity" (Carson needs to visit the tent cities in CA)
4. Not sure how he can deregulate a path to affordable housing unless the Fed buys foreclosures?
5. tent cities in CA

1. Military housing is fine.
2. I support a work requirement for rental assistance
3. Private-sector help to rehab public housing is also called "charity" (Carson needs to visit the tent cities in CA)
4. Not sure how he can deregulate a path to affordable housing unless the Fed buys foreclosures?
5. tent cities in CA

]1. Military housing is fine.

I've read dozens of reports on various military-related sites about the poor conditions of military housing at numerous installations. Efforts are underway to correct this but they say they have a lot of work to do.

Forum List

Back