Secretly Taping in the White House Situation Room

I say 20 years hard labor.

I say what kind of mickey mouse amateur hour nonsense is going on in the white house that a former reality TV star can bring a recording device into what is supposed to be one of the most secure rooms on earth.

QUOTE="Weatherman2020, post: 20570269, member: 42929"]I say 20 years hard labor.

I say what kind of mickey mouse amateur hour nonsense is going on in the white house that a former reality TV star can bring a recording device into what is supposed to be one of the most secure rooms on earth.[/QUOTE]

That's right....don't blame the criminal....

QUOTE="Weatherman2020, post: 20570269, member: 42929"]I say 20 years hard labor.

I say what kind of mickey mouse amateur hour nonsense is going on in the white house that a former reality TV star can bring a recording device into what is supposed to be one of the most secure rooms on earth.

That's right....don't blame the criminal....[/QUOTE]
Your President should have her tried and put in Gitmo.

I wonder if she even knows that what she did is illegal and she should be charged in violation of National Security. I was more than just wrong. She strikes me as a person who thinks she is a cool cat. NO OFFENSE KAT.
I’m pretty damn tired of ignorance being an excuse for the DC elite on self evident issues.

What is the crime?

Breach of security. The Situation Room is a Top Secret area like the nuclear sub a where sailor took pictures. No cameras or recording devices.

That is bad behavior. But you have not identified a criminal act. White House staffers are not members of the military, and therefore are not subject to UCMJ rules. Unless you can find a statute that criminalizes recordings in the Situation Room, then there is no crime to speak off.

We've seen photographic recordings out of the Situation Room in the past, which demonstrates that recordings are not generally prohibited by law. Had the recording contained classified information, there would obviously be a crime. But that is not the case, as best as we know. It's bad behavior. And ironically, her conduct supports Kelly's allegations heard on the tape. It's a severe integrity breach. It's the kind of thing that would justify firing someone. It suggests that she likely had already been engaging in generally malicious conduct. But still not a crime.

I see you have never held a TS clearance. I have and she committed a gross violation.
Yes, but I am not sure it was a criminal act under federal law.

That's right....don't blame the criminal....[/QUOTE]

The White House situation room is supposed to one of the most secure rooms on earth. And the entire white house security detail was outsmarted by....

Omarosa. At least twice.

Clearly there is something deeply, disturbingly wrong with the security of the white house that it can all be bypassed with the skillset acquired on reality TV.

These meeting are basically classified.........The President has the right to have meetings with staff to discuss issues.........some minor........some Top Secret.

No one has the authority to illegally tape it...............and then leak it..............

Whomever did so should be charged and put in jail...............

That's right....don't blame the criminal....

The White House situation room is supposed to one of the most secure rooms on earth. And the entire white house security detail was outsmarted by....

Omarosa. At least twice.

Clearly there is something deeply, disturbingly wrong with the security of the white house that it can all be bypassed with the skillset acquired on reality TV.[/QUOTE]
At least Trump didnt let the Russians throw our elections like Obama did.

What is the crime?

Breach of security. The Situation Room is a Top Secret area like the nuclear sub a where sailor took pictures. No cameras or recording devices.

That is bad behavior. But you have not identified a criminal act. White House staffers are not members of the military, and therefore are not subject to UCMJ rules. Unless you can find a statute that criminalizes recordings in the Situation Room, then there is no crime to speak off.

We've seen photographic recordings out of the Situation Room in the past, which demonstrates that recordings are not generally prohibited by law. Had the recording contained classified information, there would obviously be a crime. But that is not the case, as best as we know. It's bad behavior. And ironically, her conduct supports Kelly's allegations heard on the tape. It's a severe integrity breach. It's the kind of thing that would justify firing someone. It suggests that she likely had already been engaging in generally malicious conduct. But still not a crime.

I see you have never held a TS clearance. I have and she committed a gross violation.
The Federal Wiretap Act
In response to the public outcry about the government’s covert recording of the activities of political activist groups in the 1960s, Congress enacted the Wiretap Act as part of the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968. (18 U.S.C. § 2510.)

Illegal Recording Under the Wiretap Act
Under the federal Wiretap Act, it is illegal for any person to secretly record an oral, telephonic, or electronic communication that other parties to the communication reasonably expect to be private. (18 U.S.C. § 2511.)

Exceptions
There are two huge exceptions built into this law that have the capacity to gut it of effect. A recording otherwise in violation of the Wiretap Act is legal if:

• one person to the conversation consents to the recording, or
  • the person making the secret recording is authorized by law to do.

What is the crime?

The Federal Wiretap Act
In response to the public outcry about the government’s covert recording of the activities of political activist groups in the 1960s, Congress enacted the Wiretap Act as part of the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968. (18 U.S.C. § 2510.)

Under the federal Wiretap Act, it is illegal for any person to secretly record an oral, telephonic, or electronic communication that other parties to the communication reasonably expect to be private. (18 U.S.C. § 2511.)

Exceptions
There are two huge exceptions built into this law that have the capacity to gut it of effect. A recording otherwise in violation of the Wiretap Act is legal if:

So if Omarosa didn't consent to her own recording, they have her!

Why is the President above the law? He's just a citizen. He works for us. He should have every word he says taped. Unless it's top secret stuff like when he met in private with Putin. But you can bet Putin taped the conversation too.

Remember Trump said he was too smart to be taped? So this makes the 4th person I know of so far who's caught Trump saying stupid shit on tape. And there are more to come.
The Federal Wiretap Act

Exceptions

What is the crime?

The Federal Wiretap Act

Exceptions

Do you suppose that Omorosa refused to give herself consent?

The Federal Wiretap Act

Exceptions

Do you suppose that Omorosa refused to give herself consent?

Omarosa was apparently smart enough to outwit the entire White House security detail and every mickey mouse security procedure they have for the Situation Room.

But....apparently never thought to consent to her own recording.

Its always the little details that get you.

Obama used the Espionage Act to put a record number of reporters' sources in jail, and Trump could be even worse

But the Obama administration was determined to change that. Under pressure from Congress and intelligence agencies, Attorney General Eric Holder directed the Department of Justice to aggressively prosecute government employees who discussed classified information with reporters. In 2012, after news organizations reported on U.S. drone strikes and attempts to disable Iranian nuclear reactors, Holder assigned two U.S. attorneys to track down the journalists’ sources.

President Barack Obama strongly supported Holder’s war against journalists’ sources, despite once promising to protect whistleblowers when in office and running for president on the national security scandals of the Bush administration — misdeeds that became public only because of leaks.

“Since I’ve been in office, my attitude has been zero tolerance for these kinds of leaks and speculation,” Obama said in June 2012. “Now we have mechanisms in place where, if we can root out folks who have leaked, they will suffer consequences. In some case, it’s criminal. These are criminal acts when they release information like this. And we will conduct thorough investigations, as we have in the past.”

Obama’s Justice Department succeeded in putting a number of people in jail for daring to help national security journalists report on classified government programs.

During the Obama administration, the Department of Justice brought charges against eight people accused of leaking to the media — Thomas Drake, Shamai Leibowitz, Stephen Kim, Chelsea Manning, Donald Sachtleben, Jeffrey Sterling, John Kiriakou and Edward Snowden.

Obama used the Espionage Act to put a record number of reporters' sources in jail, and Trump could be even worse

But the Obama administration was determined to change that. Under pressure from Congress and intelligence agencies, Attorney General Eric Holder directed the Department of Justice to aggressively prosecute government employees who discussed classified information with reporters. In 2012, after news organizations reported on U.S. drone strikes and attempts to disable Iranian nuclear reactors, Holder assigned two U.S. attorneys to track down the journalists’ sources.

President Barack Obama strongly supported Holder’s war against journalists’ sources, despite once promising to protect whistleblowers when in office and running for president on the national security scandals of the Bush administration — misdeeds that became public only because of leaks.

“Since I’ve been in office, my attitude has been zero tolerance for these kinds of leaks and speculation,” Obama said in June 2012. “Now we have mechanisms in place where, if we can root out folks who have leaked, they will suffer consequences. In some case, it’s criminal. These are criminal acts when they release information like this. And we will conduct thorough investigations, as we have in the past.”

Obama’s Justice Department succeeded in putting a number of people in jail for daring to help national security journalists report on classified government programs.

During the Obama administration, the Department of Justice brought charges against eight people accused of leaking to the media — Thomas Drake, Shamai Leibowitz, Stephen Kim, Chelsea Manning, Donald Sachtleben, Jeffrey Sterling, John Kiriakou and Edward Snowden.
*Its OK when Obama does it.

*part 374

Whomever did so should be charged and put in jail...
Shouldn't Trump be charged too? You know, for unwittingly passing classified info to people without the proper clearance? Funny, that's all I heard for 2 years...

The White House situation Room is not a bathroom at someone's abode..............

In it..............Top Secret information is discussed........The world's most pressing information is being discussed.............

FRAG the LEAKER.........

Forum List

Back