SecState Kerry: Bombing Syria is not "going to war". Really.

It has been done by almost every president in the modern era. Both GOP and Dems have done it, but now it's an issue. Put your heads back into the sand, soon there maybe a GOP president.

Every other president has done the same thing to those leaders that posed a threat to us, or had already attacked us or our interests. Syria poses no threat to us, no threat to our interests and has not attacked us. obama intends to protect his vanity by piggy backing his need on the back of a purely internal civil war. obama brought the civil war to this point by choosing to support al quaeda terrorists keeping the civil war going long past the point where it would ordinarily be put down.

This is all about obama's vanity. Since it is obama's vanity, he can't even imagine that anyone would actually do something after being bombed! They are supposed to just take it aren't they?

Obama had a year and a half to address this...and NOW it is on his radar? This whole thing stinks...and now we have Obama telling the press and US he NEVER stated it was his "RED LINE" that someone crossed...I am NOT yet convinced it was Assad.

So, if the left drops bombs and kills people, it's not declaring war, it's just being firm.

I see the latest yahoo headline is that Obama is claiming that Syria is a national security threat. And helping al Qaeda will somehow make us safer. I think Obama and the liberals are a bigger threat to our nation.

And doing it to a country and people that haven't attacked US directly...

That 'PEACE PRIZE' of Obama's grows duller by the hour...

The dems are great at redefining terms
Bill Clinton a BJ is not having sex with that woman.
now Kerry bombing is not going to war.

Their motto is if you can't deny it, redefine it.

show me proof that the US is training rebels and arming them.

I had it up yesterday. CIA trained rebels. Reported everywhere.

I'll go get the link. Trained in Jordan I believe. Obama really really wants to depose Assad.

Here we go.

Syria crisis: First CIA-trained rebel unit about to join fighting against Assad regime, says President Obama - Middle East - World - The Independent

Reagan spent a lot of money and time training and arming Al Qaeda, we can't let them go to waste.

No worries. Saudi Arabia is using them as mercenaries as we speak....

Interesting.

I'd thought I'd heard it all from these leftists, but this is a new one.

Slinging bomb-laden cruise missiles at a foreign country that has not attacked us, is no longer an act of war. It's now merely "degrading the capacity of a man".

Maybe he's using that phrase, because "overseas contingency operation" and "workplace violence" were already taken?

There will be no "boots on the ground", after all.

BTW, I guess that means that the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, also wasn't an act of war. It was, after all, only a "limited air strike" aimed at "degrading the capacity" our Navy in the Pacific ocean

True also for the 9/11 attacks. No boots on the ground there, remember.

I'm so glad this administration is there to give us the REAL definitions of these things. Think how confused and misled we'd be without them.

----------------------------------------------

SecState Kerry announces that bombing Syria is not "going to war"

Russia's Putin warns US against 'aggression' in Syria without UN approval - World News

(snip)

"The president is not asking you to go to war," Kerry said in response to a question asked by Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky. "He’s simply saying we need to take an action that can degrade the capacity of a man who’s willing to kill his own people by breaking a nearly 100-year-old prohibition, and will we stand up and be counted to say we won’t do that."

I can well imagine that Barry would label it "workplace violence".

I wonder what his royal highness would call it if a SCUD was suddenly seen flying toward the White House?

Obamas last words would be "Bush caused this."
Some have already stated it...astounding...

It has been done by almost every president in the modern era. Both GOP and Dems have done it, but now it's an issue. Put your heads back into the sand, soon there maybe a GOP president.

America has no vested interest in bombing Syria except to assuage Obama's ego. Syria has done nothing to America to warrant you bombing the shit out of the country and killing innocent civilians.

No reason whatsoever unless you really believe you should become "world enforcers". Or is it that Obama's bored with drone assassinations and he wants to go "big time".

Syria is preparing. They know which sites we are going to bomb and have moved troops and equipment out and civilians are "volunteering" to go to these sites acting as human shields. They will themselves bomb schools and maybe a "baby milk factory". Be prepared to see pictures of hundreds of dead women and children they will accuse us of killing.

That's a signature move with photos of Hezbollah and Hamas.

I've yet to see Assad pull a stunt like that yet for all of the casualties his soldiers and his suffered at the hands of the paid terrorists ....err............rebels.

He could have truly been playing the sympathy card all this time with the constant terror attacks but he hasn't to date. I'm no fan of Assad. But I am a fan of truth and the amount of bullshit coming from this administration over Syria is a Mount Everest size dung heap.

Quick aside. Al Jazeera got busted filming a "dead pro Morsi Egyptian protestor". :lol: The cameraman kept filming as the dude got up and walked away.

Egypt has now officially banned the AJ affiliate from the country.

Last edited:
Interesting.

I'd thought I'd heard it all from these leftists, but this is a new one.

Slinging bomb-laden cruise missiles at a foreign country that has not attacked us, is no longer an act of war. It's now merely "degrading the capacity of a man".

Maybe he's using that phrase, because "overseas contingency operation" and "workplace violence" were already taken?

There will be no "boots on the ground", after all.

BTW, I guess that means that the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, also wasn't an act of war. It was, after all, only a "limited air strike" aimed at "degrading the capacity" our Navy in the Pacific ocean

True also for the 9/11 attacks. No boots on the ground there, remember.

I'm so glad this administration is there to give us the REAL definitions of these things. Think how confused and misled we'd be without them.

----------------------------------------------

SecState Kerry announces that bombing Syria is not "going to war"

Russia's Putin warns US against 'aggression' in Syria without UN approval - World News

(snip)

"The president is not asking you to go to war," Kerry said in response to a question asked by Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky. "He’s simply saying we need to take an action that can degrade the capacity of a man who’s willing to kill his own people by breaking a nearly 100-year-old prohibition, and will we stand up and be counted to say we won’t do that."

I can well imagine that Barry would label it "workplace violence".

I wonder what his royal highness would call it if a SCUD was suddenly seen flying toward the White House?

Obamas last words would be "Bush caused this."

Yep...it would look like that Star Trek movie.... "BUUUUUUSSSHHHH!!!" :lol:

Yes.

Really.

A country can’t ‘go’ to something that hasn’t been declared.

However onerous and unintended, the WPA authorizes a given president to use military force in a political/foreign policy context.

After 60 days the president must either end military action or seek a declaration of war from Congress.

How can John-Fin'g Kerry (whom served in Viet Nam), get away with saying that lobbing missles into a country that hasn't attacked YOU, NOT an act of WAR?

Is this what passes as Statist/Leftist intelligence these days?

No kidding. You have a Vietnam traitor, Jane Fonda loving, peace creep protester who is now a hawk?

He should go back to playing Herman Munster

Attacking another country regardless of reason is an act of war. Period

-Geaux

What was it called when Reagan bombed Libya in 1986?

It was called "A response to the bombing and destruction of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland in which American citizens were killed", thanks for asking.

Wrong, it was an air strike to punish Qaddafi for the German disco bombing.

That is correct where 2 US service men were killed a large number injured. Kadhafi was also actively pursuing nuclear capability and supporting numerous terrorist organizations.

Reagan missed him, but not for lack of trying and he did scare the dogshot out of him.

Well, Bush did blow a quick victory in Afghan by starting the stupidest war ever in Iraq, producing hundreds of thousands of jihadists, and DID wreck the world economy, but if you're a brainwashed ignoramus with the attention span of a pygmy shrew, i guess you might miss that LOL...

Well, Bush did blow a quick victory in Afghan by starting the stupidest war ever in Iraq, producing hundreds of thousands of jihadists, and DID wreck the world economy, but if you're a brainwashed ignoramus with the attention span of a pygmy shrew, i guess you might miss that LOL...

Damn you're desperate with the Bush thing---- do you understand that the liberals are now doing the same song and dance for the same reason ?

It was called "A response to the bombing and destruction of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland in which American citizens were killed", thanks for asking.

Wrong, it was an air strike to punish Qaddafi for the German disco bombing.

That is correct where 2 US service men were killed a large number injured. Kadhafi was also actively pursuing nuclear capability and supporting numerous terrorist organizations.

Reagan missed him, but not for lack of trying and he did scare the dogshot out of him.

Indeed. I was in the AZORES when that attack happened. I was instructed by a USAF Major General to monitor communications circuits 24/7 and call him directly if we needed anything on that night...

Reagan scared the SHIT out of that piece of dogsqueeze.

Yes.

Really.

However onerous and unintended, the WPA authorizes a given president to use military force in a political/foreign policy context.

After 60 days the president must either end military action or seek a declaration of war from Congress.

and what pray tell is the context ?

I had it up yesterday. CIA trained rebels. Reported everywhere.

I'll go get the link. Trained in Jordan I believe. Obama really really wants to depose Assad.

Here we go.

Syria crisis: First CIA-trained rebel unit about to join fighting against Assad regime, says President Obama - Middle East - World - The Independent

Reagan spent a lot of money and time training and arming Al Qaeda, we can't let them go to waste.

Assad is legitimate. The Arabs can't come at him as an Arab force. That's why they send their terrorists who also don't care about Islam when it is for Religious Jihad.

You don't get that, do you?

You might wish to study Islam a bit.

The Arabs have to pay mercenaries for this. If they did it, then it would be against Islamic fundamental teaching and this concept is integral to both Arab and Shia Islam.

Last edited:

Assad is legitimate. The Arabs can't come at him.

You don't get that, do you?

You might wish to study Islam a bit.

The Arabs have to pay mercenaries for this. If they did it, then it would be against Islamic fundamental teaching and this concept is integral to both Arab and Shia Islam.

Similar to Jews being money lenders ?

Yes.

Really.

and what pray tell is the context ?

And if Obama HAD that power against someone that DIDN"T attack us? WHAT would BE his justification? Oh that's right, WE have been told by the left Obama DOESN'T NEED justification...but BIDEN was ready to CRUCIFY BUSH after a plethora of U.N. Resolutions...and speaking of that? WHERE is Obama's appeal to the U.N>? That's right...HE already stated he wasn't going to seek counsel from them.

Forum List

Back