Seeing the New Year in with a bang

Unlike Great Britain we make it easy for terrorists like this one to acquire weapons, lots of weapons. 3 were stabbed in Manchester and they`ll all live because they`re "subjects" as the gun loons call them.
3 stabbed in New Year's Eve 'terrorist' attack in Manchester

Muslim terrorists have a cultural affinity for using knives....the terrorists in France were easily able to get fully automatic military weapons in France, a country that is awash in illegal guns....if the muslim terrorists decide to use guns more often, Britain won't be able to stop them.

Unlike Great Britain we make it easy for terrorists like this one to acquire weapons, lots of weapons. 3 were stabbed in Manchester and they`ll all live because they`re "subjects" as the gun loons call them.

British gun control doesn't work...as their very own police are telling us...

Police struggle to stop flood of firearms into UK

Police
and border officials are struggling to stop a rising supply of illegal firearms being smuggled into Britain, a senior police chief has warned.

Chief constable Andy Cooke, the national police lead for serious and organised crime, said law enforcement had seen an increased supply of guns over the past year, and feared that it would continue in 2019

The Guardian has learned that the situation is so serious that the National Crime Agency has taken the rare step of using its legal powers to direct every single police force to step up the fight against illegal guns.

The NCA has used tasking powers to direct greater intelligence about firearms to be gathered by all 43 forces in England and Wales.

Another senior law enforcement official said that “new and clean” weapons were now being used in the majority of shootings, as opposed to guns once being so difficult to obtain that they would be “rented out” to be used in multiple crimes.

Cooke, the Merseyside chief constable, told the Guardian: “We in law enforcement expect the rise in new firearms to continue. We are doing all we can. We are not in a position to stop it anytime soon.

“Law enforcement is more joined up now than before, but the scale of the problem is such that despite a number of excellent firearms seizures, I expect the rise in supply to be a continuing issue.”

The increasing supply of guns belies problems with UK border security and innovations by organised crime gangs. Smugglers have increasingly found new ways and innovative routes to get guns past border defences.

And as I keep pointing out to the anti gunners here.....

Cooke said that the dynamics of the streets of British cities had changed and that criminals were more willing to use guns: “If they bring them in people will buy them. It’s a kudos thing for organised criminals.”

Simon Brough, head of firearms at the NCA, said: “The majority of guns being used are new, clean firearms ... which indicates a relatively fluid supply.”

He said shotguns were 40% of the total, with an increase in burglaries to try and steal them.

Handguns are the next biggest category, most often smuggled in from overseas, with ferry ports such as Dover being a popular entry point into the UK for organised crime groups:

“We’re doing a lot to fight back against it,” Brough said, adding that compared to other European countries, the availability in the UK was relatively lower.

Police
and border officials are struggling to stop a rising supply of illegal firearms being smuggled into Britain, a senior police chief has warned.

Chief constable Andy Cooke, the national police lead for serious and organised crime, said law enforcement had seen an increased supply of guns over the past year, and feared that it would continue in 2019

The Guardian has learned that the situation is so serious that the National Crime Agency has taken the rare step of using its legal powers to direct every single police force to step up the fight against illegal guns.

The NCA has used tasking powers to direct greater intelligence about firearms to be gathered by all 43 forces in England and Wales.

Another senior law enforcement official said that “new and clean” weapons were now being used in the majority of shootings, as opposed to guns once being so difficult to obtain that they would be “rented out” to be used in multiple crimes.

Cooke, the Merseyside chief constable, told the Guardian: “We in law enforcement expect the rise in new firearms to continue. We are doing all we can. We are not in a position to stop it anytime soon.

“Law enforcement is more joined up now than before, but the scale of the problem is such that despite a number of excellent firearms seizures, I expect the rise in supply to be a continuing issue.”

The increasing supply of guns belies problems with UK border security and innovations by organised crime gangs. Smugglers have increasingly found new ways and innovative routes to get guns past border defences.

Cooke said that the dynamics of the streets of British cities had changed and that criminals were more willing to use guns: “If they bring them in people will buy them. It’s a kudos thing for organised criminals.”

Simon Brough, head of firearms at the NCA, said: “The majority of guns being used are new, clean firearms ... which indicates a relatively fluid supply.”

He said shotguns were 40% of the total, with an increase in burglaries to try and steal them.

Handguns are the next biggest category, most often smuggled in from overseas, with ferry ports such as Dover being a popular entry point into the UK for organised crime groups:

“We’re doing a lot to fight back against it,” Brough said, adding that compared to other European countries, the availability in the UK was relatively lower.
I`m not surprised at all that you`re a cheerleader for gun smugglers. After every UK shooting you feel compelled to come here to spike the ball and high five your fellow gun pussies. Have at it kid.

Police

I`m not surprised at all that you`re a cheerleader for gun smugglers. After every UK shooting you feel compelled to come here to spike the ball and high five your fellow gun pussies. Have at it kid.

No, moron, I am not the one supporting gun smuggling.... I am the one who tells idiots like you that you need to actually focus on gun criminals, instead of your phobia, law abiding gun owners. You hate guns, and it blinds you to the actual problem...criminals. So you lash out like Frankenstein's Monster at gun owners while the actual gun criminals commit crime after crime laughing at you the entire time...

Police

No, moron, I am not the one supporting gun smuggling.... I am the one who tells idiots like you that you need to actually focus on gun criminals, instead of your phobia, law abiding gun owners. You hate guns, and it blinds you to the actual problem...criminals. So you lash out like Frankenstein's Monster at gun owners while the actual gun criminals commit crime after crime laughing at you the entire time...
But having more guns makes you less safe. Your own links are telling you that. As should your common sense.

Police

But having more guns makes you less safe.

Nonsense. If I am attacked and shoot the attacker, I am more safe.

Police

But having more guns makes you less safe. Your own links are telling you that. As should your common sense.

No..it doesn't. First, you could ask the 12 million people murdered by their governments in Europe, the 25 million murdered by their governments in Russia, and the 70 million murdered by their government in China....all unarmed..........far more murdered in each case than by our criminals....

And 1.1 million Americans use their guns each year to save lives..that means they were safer for having a gun than not having a gun.

And, over the last 25 years as more Americans own and actually carry guns, our gun murder rate went down 49%...our gun crime rate went down 75%, our violent crime rate went down 72%......if less safe means less murder, less gun crime and less violent crime, you have your definition mixed up....

Police

If he shoots you then you are less safe. Your death rates are higher than any other civilised nation which suggests that we have got it right and you have got it wrong. The stats dont lie.

Police

If he shoots you then you are less safe. Your death rates are higher than any other civilised nation which suggests that we have got it right and you have got it wrong. The stats dont lie.
If I shoot him first, I am more safe.

If I shoot him first, I am more safe.
The obvious deduction is that neither of you are safe.

Police

No...our death rates are actually lower if you add government murder in the equation.....European governments handed over 12 million people to be murdered.....averaged out, we don't even come close to that number. You guys like government to do things for you, apparently that includes murdering helpless people.....these are not casualties of World War 2, these are people rounded up, and sent to be murdered.

You are right, the stats don't lie....governments in Europe murder more innocent people than our criminals do...

Police

I haven't seen anything right about your country in at least a decade. Your are throwing it away for political correctness.

You've made Orwell a prophet.

3 shot dead, 4 injured at Torrance bowling alley

Three men were fatally shot and four were injured late Friday at a Torrance bowling alley, police said, and relatives and friends wept and shouted outside as they awaited word on the victims.

The shooting, which was apparently preceded by a fight, was reported at 11:54 p.m. at Gable House Bowl on Hawthorne Boulevard, near Sepulveda.

Officers arriving at the bowling alley discovered multiple people with gunshot wounds and began life-saving treatment. Three men died at the scene. Two injured males were taken to a hospital, and two others opted to seek medical attention on their own.

Officers were trying to identify the gunman or gunmen. No arrests were reported.

So a fight in a bar ends with 7 people shot and 3 dead. Guns making you safer.

3 shot dead, 4 injured at Torrance bowling alley

Three men were fatally shot and four were injured late Friday at a Torrance bowling alley, police said, and relatives and friends wept and shouted outside as they awaited word on the victims.

The shooting, which was apparently preceded by a fight, was reported at 11:54 p.m. at Gable House Bowl on Hawthorne Boulevard, near Sepulveda.

Officers arriving at the bowling alley discovered multiple people with gunshot wounds and began life-saving treatment. Three men died at the scene. Two injured males were taken to a hospital, and two others opted to seek medical attention on their own.

Officers were trying to identify the gunman or gunmen. No arrests were reported.

So a fight in a bar ends with 7 people shot and 3 dead. Guns making you safer.

Yes...murder is illegal...it didn't stop them from murdering people...odds are the shooters are criminals and the guns were possessed against the law. Since guns are flooding into Britain, despite your gun laws, there is nothing in Britain to stop this from happening in your country, except your criminals don't commit murder with their illegal guns.

There is no mention in the article about the background of the people in the fight.....it would be nice to know if they were gang members...with long histories of crime and violence who are already prohibited from owning guns....since actual research shows that those who commit murder? 90% of them have long histories of crime and violence, they are not normal people.....and likely not allowed to have guns in the first place....

On the opposite side of the equation.....According to the Centers for Disease Control, Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to save lives....and over the last 26 years, as more Americans now only own guns but actually carry them, our gun murder rate has gone down 49%.....which is something you can't explain with your theories on gun crime. And over the last 26 years our gun crime is down 75%....British gun crime is up 42% in London.....you know, where you banned and confisated guns....

Forum List

Back