Seething leftists launch baseless lawfare against Musk and Twitter.

$44 Billion. LOL! Free speech! LOL!

"Twitter CEO Elon Musk on Friday angrily lashed out after seeing his new company suffer a massive drop in advertising revenue -- and then had to see his own platform offer a fact check to his claims"

"It appears that he's repeating the same playbook of what he did at Tesla."

"Numbers dwindling down in the [Slack] channels last hour, people dropping like flies," one employee told The Washington Post on the condition of anonymity, fearing retribution from Musk, the self-proclaimed champion of free expression who has a long record of cracking down on workers' speech"

Free speech? Sounds like a RWinger to me.

It's only in leftist looney land that allowing EVERYONE to have a voice is an assault on free speech.

Leftists are truly stupid.

60 days lol....

What kind of horseshit law is that if it is in fact a law.

There is apparently a federal law that requires employers with 100 or more employees to give 60 days notice before large layoffs. Musk will probably have to pay fired employees 60 days wages and benefits plus any accrued vacation time, but I suspect he would do that rather than keep disgruntled workers on the job.

It is a very bad law in my opinion as it prevents employers from managing their businesses effectively, encourages sabotage by disgruntled employees, and could have severe financial implications for an employer who lost a large contract and didn't need those employees.

Last edited:
There is apparently a federal law that requires employers with 100 or more employees to give 60 days notice before large layoffs. Musk will probably have to pay fired employees 60 days wages and benefits plus any accrued vacation time, but I suspect he would do that rather than keep disgruntled workers on the payroll.

It is a very bad law in my opinion as it prevents employers from managing their businesses effectively, encourages sabotage by disgruntled employees, and could have severe financial implications for an employer who lost a large contract and didn't need those employees.

Yup. Musk got everyone out so that the sabotage is kept to a minimum.

They received their notice today and are not officially terminated until Feb 2 2023
But today is their last day at Twitter

Hello,

As shared earlier today, Twitter is conducting a workforce reduction to help improve the health of the company. These decisions are never easy and it is with regret that we write to inform you that your role at Twitter has been impacted.

Today is your last working day at the company, however, you will remain employed by Twitter and will receive compensation and benefits through your separation date of February 2, 2023.

During this time, you will be on a Non-Working Notice period and your access to Twitter systems will be deactivated. While you are not expected to work during the None-Working Notice period, you are still required to comply with all company policies, including the Employee Playbook and Code of Conduct.

Within a week, you will receive details of your severance offer, financial resources extending beyond your Non-Working Notice period. At that time you will also receive a Separation Agreement and Release of Claims and other offboarding...
Just goes to show that Musk is on top of it and all the sound and fury re lawsuits and such is just so much nonsense.

Just goes to show that Musk is on top of it and all the sound and fury re lawsuits and such is just so much nonsense.
The Twitter debacle has shown Musk is not the genius of legend.

He overpaid for an asset that doesn’t generate much revenue.
To compensate, he fired half his workforce without a detailed analysis of the revenue they generate.

Twitter has almost no Capital Assets
Its value is it’s Human Capital

Musk fired half of them
I hope he has chosen wisely

To compensate, he fired half his workforce without a detailed analysis of the revenue they generate.

Musk fired half of them

What debacle? Elon is cleaning house. That always causes issues. It will be at least a year before we know what impact his ownership will have.

Musk fired half of them
Rightwinger I've interacted with you a long time, and there is nowhere in hell that I think you hope Musk chose wisely or succeeds in any way. I hope I'm wrong about that, but I don't think I am.

I don't know why Musk has chosen as he has, but I do know he didn't become the richest man in the world by being stupid. He came from modest means and it is said he lives quite frugally, but he is self made using innovation, imagination, creativity, instinct, and willingness to take risks to get from there to where he is now.

His investment in Twitter is less than 1/4th of his net worth and if he lost all of that investment he would still be the richest man in the world. His twitter feed is hilarious--he has a wonderful sense of humor but his instincts are usually brilliant.
I suspect he'll manage to figure out how to make Twitter work.

I also think most leftist know that or we wouldn't be seeing the biggest and funniest leftist meltdown since Hillary lost the election.

Rightwinger I've interacted with you a long time, and there is nowhere in hell that I think you hope Musk chose wisely or succeeds in any way. I hope I'm wrong about that, but I don't think I am.

I don't know why Musk has chosen as he has, but I do know he didn't become the richest man in the world by being stupid. He came from modest means and it is said he lives quite frugally, but he is self made using innovation, imagination, creativity, instinct, and willingness to take risks to get from there to where he is now.

His investment in Twitter is less than 1/4th of his net worth and if he lost all of that investment he would still be the richest man in the world. His twitter feed is hilarious--he has a wonderful sense of humor but his instincts are usually brilliant.

I also think most leftist know that or we wouldn't be seeing the biggest and funniest leftist meltdown since Hillary lost the election.
The potential for Twitter is there, it just needs some things fixed. It has huge potential.

The government being fascist and trying to stifle the business is not a good thing. That's actual fascism in action.

The potential for Twitter is there, it just needs some things fixed. It has huge potential.

The government being fascist and trying to stifle the business is not a good thing. That's actual fascism in action.
Absolutely. The government we have now will do everything in their power to make it as difficult for Musk as possible.

I've noticed that the big boys who say they're pulling their advertising are all notorious for supporting big name Democrats. I doubt their choices are all their own but are likely bribes--Biden & company are promising them something in favorable regulation or legislation or whatever if they fight Twitter or they're threatening them with something if they don't. After all this government didn't hesitate to use Facebook, Twitter et al to suppress information in their favor when they could do that.

Musks past investment in Tesla and Space X have been inspiring.
Doesn’t mean Twitter will follow the same path

Twitter was successful before him. Musk had second thoughts and tried to back out. He finally went through with the deal.

He seems more interested in political capital than financial capital. He is looking to turn Twitter into a free for all and investors are worried
Destroying his workforce will not make them happier

Forum List

Back