Self Defense with a firearm

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
It would appear from the recent shooting at a Walmart that the left is opposed to self defense as well. A man was physically attacked and defended himself and people like Luddy call him a criminal.

So all the claims in the past about self defense not happening isn't the point, what they mean is no one should ever shoot anyone even in self defense.

Then we have the useful idiots that remind us some lefties own firearms. usually with the claim that because of that no one is trying to take them away.

How many examples do we need of high profile democrats demanding just that? A ban on firearms and a confiscation of privately owned firearms?

Add to that the refusal of some to acknowledge the Supreme Court ruled the 2nd is an INDIVIDUAL right not dependent on belonging to a militia. And further that it applies to the States.

It would appear from the recent shooting at a Walmart that the left is opposed to self defense as well. A man was physically attacked and defended himself and people like Luddy call him a criminal.

So all the claims in the past about self defense not happening isn't the point, what they mean is no one should ever shoot anyone even in self defense.

Then we have the useful idiots that remind us some lefties own firearms. usually with the claim that because of that no one is trying to take them away.

How many examples do we need of high profile democrats demanding just that? A ban on firearms and a confiscation of privately owned firearms?

Add to that the refusal of some to acknowledge the Supreme Court ruled the 2nd is an INDIVIDUAL right not dependent on belonging to a militia. And further that it applies to the States.

A man throws a punch, the other man shoots him dead. What is wrong with this scenario?

A man throws a punch, the other man shoots him dead. What is wrong with this scenario?

More people are killed with fists and feet than they are with "assault" rifles every year.

If someone attacks you it is prudent to think he will kill you if given the chance.

Have you ever been the victim of a violent crime?

I have and the two guys had nothing but fists and feet (steel toed boots and one guy had a bike chain wrapped around his right hand)

Last edited:

More people are killed with fists and feet than they are with "assault" rifles every year.

If someone attacks you it is prudent to think he will kill you if given the chance.

I have and the two guys had nothing but fists and feet (steel toed boots and one guy had a bike chain wrapped around his right hand)

I have been in fights in my life and never shot my opponent.

A fight and an attack are two different beasts.

Not when an attack turns into a fight. And no one appears to know what was said that started the fight. There are ways to prevent fights too.

Not when an attack turns into a fight. And no one appears to know what was said that started the fight. There are ways to prevent fights too.

You can't prevent an unprovoked attack.

Look I don't give a shit if you think you're Bruce Lee and can fight anyone on the planet bare handed.

I was attacked and beaten quite severely for doing nothing but walking home after an 18 hour shift. I still have the scar on my temple from the bike chain that was wrapped around one guy's hand. I had a cracked rib from getting kicked with steel toed boots and was laid up for almost a week.

If you don't assume that anyone who attacks you might kill you then that's your choice. A stupid choice but yours to make.

Yes nutters! You must have the right to bear arms....to prevent your government from tyranny......while buying underwear at Wal Mart. It says so in the Constitution.

Oh! Wait! You think the constitution was referring to your personal safety? No wonder.

Again trying to blame the victim. He tried twice to walk away. His only crime was stopping to write something on the counter. The attacker followed him and violently attacked him.

One punch can kill. Or have we forgotten about the ref that got punched one time slipped into a coma and died a week later? A punch from a kid.

If I am armed and someone attacks me I am not going to take a beating just so you can say it was my fault. But then I don't own any hand guns.

Yes nutters! You must have the right to bear arms....to prevent your government from tyranny......while buying underwear at Wal Mart. It says so in the Constitution.

Oh! Wait! You think the constitution was referring to your personal safety? No wonder.

I don't give a shit about the government.

And I have a right to defend myself from any and all attacks with deadly force if necessary.

Like I said if you don't assume that anyone who attacks you is trying to kill you then you are an idiot.

The 2nd Amendment is an Individual right to possess carry and use firearms. It is not dependent on belonging to a militia and one of the reasons it is a right is for personal protection.

Again trying to blame the victim. He tried twice to walk away. His only crime was stopping to write something on the counter. The attacker followed him and violently attacked him.

One punch can kill. Or have we forgotten about the ref that got punched one time slipped into a coma and died a week later? A punch from a kid.

If I am armed and someone attacks me I am not going to take a beating just so you can say it was my fault. But then I don't own any hand guns.

Interesting last sentence. Why not? For what reason on earth do you NOT carry a firearm at all times?

And I have a right to defend myself from any and all attacks with deadly force if necessary.

Like I said if you don't assume that anyone who attacks you is trying to kill you then you are an idiot.

I get it. You are frightened and alert at all times. Congratulations. Must be fun.

It's not what happened? Just a guess.

Interesting last sentence. Why not? For what reason on earth do you NOT carry a firearm at all times?

I seldom leave the house and I have suicidal thoughts. I do own 2 rifles with a large stockpile of ammo. Those will do if I am needed. My shrink thinks it would be a bad idea to carry a handgun. I had one, loaned it to my daughter and she lost it. Haven't felt a need to buy another.

Besides this State has a stupid law that lets Business owners declare gun free zones. To much hassle to keep leaving it in the car.

yes nutters! You must have the right to bear arms....to prevent your government from tyranny......while buying underwear at wal mart. It says so in the constitution.

wtf????

I get it. You are frightened and alert at all times. Congratulations. Must be fun.

You don't get it.

I am not frightened because I am not defenseless.

I was naive like you once and I paid for it. I hope you are never the victim of a violent crime but if you are maybe you won't be so quick to judge others.

I seldom leave the house and I have suicidal thoughts. I do own 2 rifles with a large stockpile of ammo. Those will do if I am needed. My shrink thinks it would be a bad idea to carry a handgun. I had one, loaned it to my daughter and she lost it. Haven't felt a need to buy another.

Besides this State has a stupid law that lets Business owners declare gun free zones. To much hassle to keep leaving it in the car.

Well....I did not expect that answer.

You can't make this shit up.

You don't get it.

I am not frightened because I am not defenseless.

I was naive like you once and I paid for it. I hope you are never the victim of a violent crime but if you are maybe you won't be so quick to judge others.

Would you be frightened without the gun?

Yes you would.

Your courage is strapped to your waist. Good for you.

Forum List

Back