Self Defense with a firearm

Retired Sgt. Seriously the VA can and will help you. Self control isn't the issue with suicides. Lack of desire and will to live is the issue. And as you know, depression could care less about how much self control you think you have.

As to helping the case for gun control. Most people do not want others people who seem mentally unstable (like contemplating suicide) to have lots of guns. Or any guns.

My dad was a crazy alcoholic with suicidal tendencies. He ALWAYS had a gun. And it was never a good idea.

How touching, you care......

I am fine, my thoughts are under control, hell even when they were not I had handguns and never shot myself. As for what YOU think on who should own or not, that is why we have laws. The law is specific. To deny me the right to own firearms I must be adjudged mentally incompetent by competent authority, as in a Judge. Sorry but that has not and will not happen.

I have been at this for 20 years. Still haven't shot myself. And won't either. As for your opinion on my owning, to bad you don't get a say.

A man throws a punch, the other man shoots him dead. What is wrong with this scenario?

More people are killed with fists and feet than they are with "assault" rifles every year.

If someone attacks you it is prudent to think he will kill you if given the chance.

Have you ever been the victim of a violent crime?

I have and the two guys had nothing but fists and feet (steel toed boots and one guy had a bike chain wrapped around his right hand)

I have been in fights in my life and never shot my opponent.

You must lose alot of fights.

I Googled "shooting at Walmart". I couldn't believe how many hits there were.

I knew there was a real good reason I don't shop Walmart. Not only do they sell mostly Chinese junk, the people shopping there are crazy as fuck evidently.

I mean come on, getting in a fist fight at a service counter and then deciding you are getting your ass kicked so you pull your gun and shoot the guy. My bet is the guy with the gun started the fight. If he didn't, why did he leave the scene so fast?

Sounds like the guy who shot the kid in the car in FL. He just knew he was in the "right" for shooting. But he ran like a common criminal.

Fucking nuts.

So you did not watch the video that shows what happened but you have an opinion based on your feelings to go with. Retard.

What fucking video you speaking of? The one you didn't link to in your opening post? That one? That isn't there.

I was going off of what I read about the shooting. You got a video link, post it up. I'll look at it.

But why did this righteous shooter run after he shot the guy? You know, with him being in the right and all. Why run?

A fight and an attack are two different beasts.

Not when an attack turns into a fight. And no one appears to know what was said that started the fight. There are ways to prevent fights too.

You can't prevent an unprovoked attack.

Look I don't give a shit if you think you're Bruce Lee and can fight anyone on the planet bare handed.

I was attacked and beaten quite severely for doing nothing but walking home after an 18 hour shift. I still have the scar on my temple from the bike chain that was wrapped around one guy's hand. I had a cracked rib from getting kicked with steel toed boots and was laid up for almost a week.

If you don't assume that anyone who attacks you might kill you then that's your choice. A stupid choice but yours to make.

I doubt if this attacked was unprovoked. Words were surely exchanged.

Not when an attack turns into a fight. And no one appears to know what was said that started the fight. There are ways to prevent fights too.

You can't prevent an unprovoked attack.

Look I don't give a shit if you think you're Bruce Lee and can fight anyone on the planet bare handed.

I was attacked and beaten quite severely for doing nothing but walking home after an 18 hour shift. I still have the scar on my temple from the bike chain that was wrapped around one guy's hand. I had a cracked rib from getting kicked with steel toed boots and was laid up for almost a week.

If you don't assume that anyone who attacks you might kill you then that's your choice. A stupid choice but yours to make.

I doubt if this attacked was unprovoked. Words were surely exchanged.

Blame the victim. Yeah, he was asking for it. That's the ticket.

I knew there was a real good reason I don't shop Walmart. Not only do they sell mostly Chinese junk, the people shopping there are crazy as fuck evidently.

I mean come on, getting in a fist fight at a service counter and then deciding you are getting your ass kicked so you pull your gun and shoot the guy. My bet is the guy with the gun started the fight. If he didn't, why did he leave the scene so fast?

Sounds like the guy who shot the kid in the car in FL. He just knew he was in the "right" for shooting. But he ran like a common criminal.

Fucking nuts.

So you did not watch the video that shows what happened but you have an opinion based on your feelings to go with. Retard.

What fucking video you speaking of? The one you didn't link to in your opening post? That one? That isn't there.

I was going off of what I read about the shooting. You got a video link, post it up. I'll look at it.

But why did this righteous shooter run after he shot the guy? You know, with him being in the right and all. Why run?

He called 911 he did not run, he waited there and informed them that a tape was available of the incident. The video is in the thread on shooting at walmart. Go there if you want to educate yourself.

Fucking nuts.

Why is this more important news than the black and brown gang bangers who are capping themselves every day?

Focus your energy where it might do some good to have a person disarmed.

-Geaux

Gofoit. What was the topic of this thread? You stoopid fuck. Isn't the thread about Walmart shooting?

Off the wall asshole. Who was talking about gang bangers beside YOU?

:eusa_boohoo:

Bawwwhaaa.. How about this topic since it is so mainstream. Obviously, the anti-gun, radical, leftist liberal loons don't remember their statistics class... Walmart shootings would be a data outlier warranting exclusion. Focus on the bell curve here radicals. I would guess Chicago, Washington DC are major data points.....

Just saying

-Geaux

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...miner-18-year-old-man-south-winchester-avenue

Shootings leave 4 dead in 14 hours

March 03, 2014|By Rosemary Regina Sobol, Jonathan Bullington and Adam Sege | Tribune reporters

Chicago shootings have left four men dead since early Saturday afternoon, among them two teens and a 66-year-old, according to authorities.

The most recent shooting happened about 2:40 a.m. in the 8000 block of South Elizabeth Street, police said.

Authorities said an 18-year-old man, later identified as Deandre Baber, was standing on the sidewalk when someone opened fire from across the street, striking him in the head.

Baber, who lived in the 7300 block of South Winchester Avenue, was pronounced dead on the scene at 2:58 a.m., according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.

About midnight, a 29-year-old man was fatally shot in the 400 block of West 117th Street, according to police.

The man, identified by the medical examiner's office as Maurice Coleman of the 11000 block of S. Lowe Avenue, was walking with a friend when someone fired shots, striking him in the head and chest, according to police.

He died on the scene about 12:20 a.m., according to the medical examiner's office.

This morning's homicides followed the fatal shooting Saturday afternoon of a 66-year-old man in the 2300 block of West 57th Street.

It would appear from the recent shooting at a Walmart that the left is opposed to self defense as well. A man was physically attacked and defended himself and people like Luddy call him a criminal.

So all the claims in the past about self defense not happening isn't the point, what they mean is no one should ever shoot anyone even in self defense.

Then we have the useful idiots that remind us some lefties own firearms. usually with the claim that because of that no one is trying to take them away.

How many examples do we need of high profile democrats demanding just that? A ban on firearms and a confiscation of privately owned firearms?

Add to that the refusal of some to acknowledge the Supreme Court ruled the 2nd is an INDIVIDUAL right not dependent on belonging to a militia. And further that it applies to the States.

A man throws a punch, the other man shoots him dead. What is wrong with this scenario?

All men are equal in strength and fighting ability?? Being punched or pummeled can not put you in critical danger?

Idiot prog

Retired Sgt. Seriously the VA can and will help you. Self control isn't the issue with suicides. Lack of desire and will to live is the issue. And as you know, depression could care less about how much self control you think you have.

As to helping the case for gun control. Most people do not want others people who seem mentally unstable (like contemplating suicide) to have lots of guns. Or any guns.

My dad was a crazy alcoholic with suicidal tendencies. He ALWAYS had a gun. And it was never a good idea.

I am fine, my thoughts are under control, hell even when they were not I had handguns and never shot myself. As for what YOU think on who should own or not, that is why we have laws. The law is specific. To deny me the right to own firearms I must be adjudged mentally incompetent by competent authority, as in a Judge. Sorry but that has not and will not happen.

I have been at this for 20 years. Still haven't shot myself. And won't either. As for your opinion on my owning, to bad you don't get a say.

Not really (caring). Just trying to keep some innocent person who's car breaks down in the middle of the night and they come to your door for help and you shoot them. I would like to keep that from happening.

But after 20 long years or you hanging in there, there is still hope you might do the deed eh? The world would be a better place. IMO.

More people are killed with fists and feet than they are with "assault" rifles every year.

If someone attacks you it is prudent to think he will kill you if given the chance.

Have you ever been the victim of a violent crime?

I have and the two guys had nothing but fists and feet (steel toed boots and one guy had a bike chain wrapped around his right hand)

I have been in fights in my life and never shot my opponent.

You must lose alot of fights.

Just the opposite, I was taught to defend myself, WITHOUT A GUN.

the video clearly shows the dead guy as the aggressor....the shooter tries to walk away...and he is followed....

as for this defend yourself with your fists if the other guy is just using his fists..that is a crock of shit....the one time i decided i would kill a man....he was an older man trying to break into my house...he was 80 plus but old farmers tend to be strong....i was not going to chance getting in his reach.....

Not really (caring). Just trying to keep some innocent person who's car breaks down in the middle of the night and they come to your door for help and you shoot them. I would like to keep that from happening.

But after 20 long years or you hanging in there, there is still hope you might do the deed eh? The world would be a better place. IMO.

Wait.. Why knock on doors, when Obama phones are free?

-Geaux

Ahh I see you lose your argument so you wish death on the victor. Remind us how that works?

Been alive 56 years and owned firearms since I was about 12. Never shot anyone and since my firearms are not loaded would pretty hard for me to shoot someone at my door. Ohh by the way I live in a cul de sac in the back of a large housing area, I doubt anyone will be coming to my door cause they broke down. But if they did unless they broke in they would be in no danger from me.

I seldom leave the house and I have suicidal thoughts. I do own 2 rifles with a large stockpile of ammo. Those will do if I am needed. My shrink thinks it would be a bad idea to carry a handgun. I had one, loaned it to my daughter and she lost it. Haven't felt a need to buy another.

Besides this State has a stupid law that lets Business owners declare gun free zones. To much hassle to keep leaving it in the car.

WOW dude WOW. Seek help before you become another gun death statistic. By your own hand.

And please don't be giving any more guns to your daughter. People who "lose" guns shouldn't have them. No matter what the gun nutters on here say.

Just because I have thoughts does not mean I will act on them. Unlike you lefties I have self control.

Wait.. you can control yourself? You can think and live without acting on the rare or occasional thought hat is not positive in nature?? The government is not the only one that can save you???

Oh... what will the progressives do??

you realize you are talking to a retired military? you do realize that......and you realize you have just said you wished he would off himself and the world would be a better place...who the fuck are you to speak for the world?

and i reported your post....

Forum List

Back