Kamala just handed the Trump Card out!

Sorry but it isn't.

You have 2 widgets. One from the US and one from China. The US widget costs $1.50 in 2017 and the Chinese widget costs $1.40. The blob raises tariffs. The costs to import the Chinese widget goes from $1.40 to $2.00. Then, wow, suddenly, the costs of the US Widget goes from $1.50 to $1.98...overnight! Why did the price go up? Profiteering.

But it's more than that.

Let's take your two widgets. The Chinese Widget goes up to 2.00. Well, before you can change to the American Widget at 1.98, you have to run quality assurance and customer acceptance. And regardless of what the widget costs YOU right now, your customer still expects to buy it at the 2.40 you are selling it to him for. So you either suck up the cost increase, or you renegotiate pricing. But swapping out a part isn't as easy as you think it is. Resourcing can sometimes take years, depending on the complexity of the part.

He is going to lower energy prices. That alone will reduce inflation.
I bet you think we aren’t “energy independent”. It’s funny how we are drilling and pumping more oil now than at any point in time during the Trump administration.

The current administration brought inflaction from 8% to 2.9%. They've already done a pretty good job. Now going after the price gougers in certain commodities is the logical next step.
They caused it in the first place and the relief from lowering it is not visible.

they are incompetant and incapable of doing anything right.

they caused inflation on an epic scale and now want to stop it by price fixing which is always a historic disaster

Last edited:
But it's more than that.

Let's take your two widgets. The Chinese Widget goes up to 2.00. Well, before you can change to the American Widget at 1.98, you have to run quality assurance and customer acceptance. And regardless of what the widget costs YOU right now, your customer still expects to buy it at the 2.40 you are selling it to him for. So you either suck up the cost increase, or you renegotiate pricing. But swapping out a part isn't as easy as you think it is. Resourcing can sometimes take years, depending on the complexity of the part.

I don’t really follow all of that but here is my point...

The blob added millions (if not trillions) of dollars in tariffs to everything from China. The American version of ___________ should be dollars cheaper (if not dozens of dollars cheaper) since they are not tariffed. For example... Kitchen Aid mixers (I do a lot of baking so I’m usually in the market for a new one or spare parts) made exclusively in America. They should be cheap compared to Chinese equivalents.

Can anyone on the right explain why they are not?

The blob added millions (if not trillions) of dollars in tariffs to everything from China. The American version of ___________ should be dollars cheaper (if not dozens of dollars cheaper) since they are not tariffed. For example... Kitchen Aid mixers (I do a lot of baking so I’m usually in the market for a new one or spare parts) made exclusively in America. They should be cheap compared to Chinese equivalents.

Well, the machines might be American made, but the components definitely are not. That was the point I was trying to get across.

The thing is, OEM companies often go through multiple distributors to get components. Sometimes they are off the shelf, but more often than not, they are custome made to specifications.

They caused it here and the world followed

Much smarter than you boy and we proved that years ago

Guy, you are barely literate.

The main driver of inflation was a rise in the costs of commodities. Petroleum being the main one, but also steel, copper, wood (including paper), etc. Production went way down due to Covid, and couldn't keep up with demand when Covid subsided.

Guy, you are barely literate.

The main driver of inflation was a rise in the costs of commodities. Petroleum being the main one, but also steel, copper, wood (including paper), etc. Production went way down due to Covid, and couldn't keep up with demand when Covid subsided.
Wrong you braindead simpleton

the main driver was money printing

All on biden and his whore

Apparently because you don’t actually understand what drives inflation.

Fraid not

People will look at Harris’ proposals and say……she cares about us. She wants to do things to help us

They will look at Trumps proposals and say…….He wants to cut taxes on Billionaires
Except for the parts she copied from TRUMP!, of course. This is how the left succeeds, by appealing to emotion, not reason, feelz, not facts.

Data says that demand is actually below peak from prepandemic.

Do you just say shit without worrying about whether it’s true or not?
You will see when Trump is the known president. The price of energy will drop overnight.

Forum List

Back