More women are skipping college to make six figures as electricians, car mechanics and truck drivers

Plus no woke brainwashing nor huge college debt.

“I don’t have a family yet, but raising a family is one of my bigger dreams in life too, so I love that I’ve found something that I love that would give me the time to have a healthy work-life balance.”

This is a very good thing. More people in general including women entering the trades is great.

However I suspecty the post merely found some good examples. The growth of women in trades does not seem to be as high as the post suggests

Last edited:
Yes you can make good $$$ as a spark

No it's no easy road

When it's hot you'll be hot, when it's cold you'll be cold, and when it's dirty you'll be dirty

Know that some 300 of us buy it annually, and 2nd yr apprentices have the highest rate of washouts

best wishes....
~S~
Yup. His group of apprentices started with 13. Two died in truck crashes a couple of years apart. One got blown to bits when he touched the wrong cable.

He's a Journeyman now, but he works his ass off.

There is no "one size fits all" path in life. College is your best option statistically, but certainly not the only option. I know of no one who has the resources and grades to get their kid to college opting not to send them though. Skipping college when you can go because you think you will be better off is like trying to pull an inside straight. Possible but low odds.

Define "better off".

I think that most who "skip college because they think they will be better off" likely are. Most don't go to college because it was never an option for them. I didn't go because I love working with my hands and my head, not just with my head.

He likely has to maintain vehicles, equipment, a shop, etc.
I paid a guy 600.00$ to install a new Jenair Downdraft Electric Stove / Oven ( Replacement via American Home Shield ) He had to do ( Tile Work ) ( Carpentry ) ( Electrical rework ) and full install . I got to observe and do a little help but I learned and could do it myself for sure next time lol so I feel it was worth the price it took him 4 hours

I paid a guy 600.00$ to install a new Jenair Downdraft Electric Stove / Oven ( Replacement via American Home Shield ) He had to do ( Tile Work ) ( Carpentry ) ( Electrical rework ) and full install . I got to observe and do a little help but I learned and could do it myself for sure next time lol so I feel it was worth the price it took him 4 hours
I've learned a lot watching the pro's as well, also from watching youtube videos.

Your insane allegation...you find us a link little boy.

You know you’re lying (like everyone else does) so you won’t.

1723991754899.png

While talking about pay an experienced electrician once told me that they don't make as much money as people think they do. I was surprised, although I hadn't thought much about electricians pay.

Personally, I have never relied on a single job to provide my income. I've nearly always had another income stream whether a part time job or later as a rental property owner. Today I only have my main job, but my investments and Social Security provide a large part of my income.

Last edited:
I've learned a lot watching the pro's as well, also from watching youtube videos.
YouTube videos for me are for ( Putting the Transmission back into my 1966 BSA Victor Gran Prix Special ) ( correctly installing the Trigger & Hammer springs in my latest AR15/ M16 Clones lower receiver )

YouTube videos for me are for ( Putting the Transmission back into my 1966 BSA Victor Gran Prix Special ) ( correctly installing the Trigger & Hammer springs in my latest AR15/ M16 Clones lower receiver )
But for YouTube I wouldn't have known how to disassemble my Glock 42, as simple as it is. Most notably though was the instruction on how to repair the spindle on my big JET drill press.
JET-2.JPG

Last edited:

Forum List

Back