Sen. Kay Hagan now trailing all of her Republican challengers in North Carolina

Senator Hagan might as well give it up. The Republicans have their canidate. "Greg Brannon, a North Carolina Republican running for U.S. Senate, has argued that the food stamp program is comparable to slavery, calling on lawmakers to abolish the Department of Agriculture." :eek: :cuckoo:

"Brannon, a tea party-aligned Republican, is vying for the Republican nomination in the race to unseat Sen. Kay Hagan (D-N.C.). Brannon, a doctor, has named Jesse Helms, the longtime arch-conservative former senator who opposed the Voting Rights Act and the Civil Rights Act, as an inspiration. He's also spoken out against public education, and has claimed that "all ten of Marx's planks of communism are law in our land today."

In October, Brannon spoke at a rally sponsored by the League of the South, a secessionist group.

Despite his controversial remarks, Brannon has gained support from a number of prominent conservatives, including Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and columnist Ann Coulter."

Greg Brannon, GOP Senate Candidate, Likens Food Stamps To Slavery

Food stamps create dependency. Slavery is a type of dependency.
You think you can get to Brannon by using terms such as "controversial"?
The people of NC have had it with Obama and the lib progressive establishment in Washington.
The only chance Hagan has is if urban voter turnout is above 60%

Guy, the thing is... your party is crazy and didn't learn jack diddly shit from 2012.

The Generic RCP Average actually shows a slight Democratic advantage.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - 2014 Generic Congressional Vote

All it will take is a few of those nominations to be won by teabaggers and you'll blow this one.

Which might actually be a good thing, as it will finally get your party to examine what it's been doing wrong.

But more likely, you'll pick up a couple seats, think you are on the right track, and Hillary will slam you guys in 2016, when all the Teabaggers who got in before people realized how crazy they are come up again.
Keep telling yourself that.
Your problem is overconfidence.
You libs believe political power for your side is a birthright. You arrogantly believe your side cannot possibly lose and election.
GOP candidates that run on limited government, fiscal responsibility, the middle class, private sector business and employment, lower taxes and reducing many of the crushing regulations on industry will win.
Obama care will of course be a campaign issue as well.
Those Senators which are perceived to be in support of Obamacare will lose.

I don't really buy it that the GOP will have a Senate majority in 2014...but in the end it doesn't mean much. Obama will still be president and the majority of his policies will still be in effect. Sure he'll be lame duck, but what does it matter? No immigration reform? okay, that'll be great in 2016. No minimum wage increase? Okay, another thing to run on in 2016. Afghanistan? That'll already be over.

Will the GOP be able to setup a huge conservative agenda? No, first Obama still in office. Second the GOP majority in the Senate is guaranteed to be small, and there will still be significant filibusters. Third the 2016 presidential election will be on the minds of the GOP and they won't do anything radical on the cusps of a new presidential era.

In the bigger picture for the GOP it's a matter of "prevention" rather then pursuing anything major on their own. 2016 will be HUGELY more impactful then 2014.

2014 is small pickings, it's minor on the federal level. The governorships and state legislators are the real thing to watch IMO.

The filibuster is done. Or did you forget?
The democrats made a huge mistake using the 'nuclear option'...Big mistake.

You libs believe political power for your side is a birthright. You arrogantly believe your side cannot possibly lose and election.
GOP candidates that run on limited government, fiscal responsibility, the middle class, private sector business and employment, lower taxes and reducing many of the crushing regulations on industry will win.
Obama care will of course be a campaign issue as well.
Those Senators which are perceived to be in support of Obamacare will lose.

I don't really buy it that the GOP will have a Senate majority in 2014...but in the end it doesn't mean much. Obama will still be president and the majority of his policies will still be in effect. Sure he'll be lame duck, but what does it matter? No immigration reform? okay, that'll be great in 2016. No minimum wage increase? Okay, another thing to run on in 2016. Afghanistan? That'll already be over.

Will the GOP be able to setup a huge conservative agenda? No, first Obama still in office. Second the GOP majority in the Senate is guaranteed to be small, and there will still be significant filibusters. Third the 2016 presidential election will be on the minds of the GOP and they won't do anything radical on the cusps of a new presidential era.

In the bigger picture for the GOP it's a matter of "prevention" rather then pursuing anything major on their own. 2016 will be HUGELY more impactful then 2014.

2014 is small pickings, it's minor on the federal level. The governorships and state legislators are the real thing to watch IMO.

The GOP has more Governorships and controls more State houses. The Democrats over-reached with Obamacare and it will hurt them for years to come. it could even spell the end of their party.

And a lot of those governorships are up for election in 2014.

The GOP has more Governorships and controls more State houses. The Democrats over-reached with Obamacare and it will hurt them for years to come. it could even spell the end of their party.

Yes, and the Dems will likely lose a few more.

She rode Obama's coat tails here in '08. Already running a lot of commercials here with her parroting Obama and the If you like your plan you can keep it. She's toast.

One, North Carolina is not the demographic it used to be so don't count on a bunch of ignorant white people's votes. Two, outside attack ads on one of North Carolina's own is going to backfire hard.

NC voted for Romney in 2012. Obama in 2008.
NC is solid GOP. Hagan will not retain her seat.
It is the operatives of the democrat party that have to resort to attack ads because democrats cannot run on the issues.
Your racist comment is noted.

My bad. When was the last time the Republican party went for the ignorant black people's vote? And before you get all upset perhaps you should grab that dictionary of yours and look up the word. It's not my problem you don't know what it means. :mad:

[

The only one that "leans" is Arkansas, and frankly, I'm sure you are going to find ways to blow the rest of them.

North Carolina is also a "lean" at this point and it won't be the only one as we get closer to November. All the dynamics are now favoring the GOP. It would take a colossal fuck up for them to blow this, not that they can't figure out a way how, of course.

They will control the Senate next year. Barring a major quake in the political realm, I'm certain of it.

Guy, the thing is... your party is crazy and didn't learn jack diddly shit from 2012.

It's not my party. I'm not a Republican.

It doesn't matter what it says right now. It's January.

All it will take is a few of those nominations to be won by teabaggers and you'll blow this one.

Which might actually be a good thing, as it will finally get your party to examine what it's been doing wrong.

Again, it's not my party and your use of the word teabagger makes you look childish and immature. What are you getting so butt hurt about? This is just a discussion.

But more likely, you'll pick up a couple seats, think you are on the right track, and Hillary will slam you guys in 2016, when all the Teabaggers who got in before people realized how crazy they are come up again.

Hillary isn't running for president, but even if she were, she's not even close to the slam dunk you think she is. The woman is not likable.

I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you over something that's ten months away. I'll revisit this thread in November after they win like I said they will.

I don't know if I'd count Montana as strong GOP, it has a strong history of electing Democratic Senators. Actually...excluding Sen. Burns, ALL they've ever elected is democratic senators...

Not this year

No, his problem is just that he's a very partisan Democrat who is getting butt hurt that I'm telling him his party will lose the Senate in November. Some people just can't have an adult conversation and Joe has demonstrated that multiple times.

Yes, and the Dems will likely lose a few more.

I doubt that. At best for the GOP, they'll break even, but more than likely they will have a net loss of at least one governorship.

Food stamps create dependency. Slavery is a type of dependency.

I want you to work with that logic for a little while. Try replacing "food stamps" with other words. Try replacing "slavery" with other words. You might just find you are a slave of your own mind. Actually that would make you a free man.

One, North Carolina is not the demographic it used to be so don't count on a bunch of ignorant white people's votes. Two, outside attack ads on one of North Carolina's own is going to backfire hard.

NC voted for Romney in 2012. Obama in 2008.
NC is solid GOP. Hagan will not retain her seat.
It is the operatives of the democrat party that have to resort to attack ads because democrats cannot run on the issues.
Your racist comment is noted.

My bad. When was the last time the Republican party went for the ignorant black people's vote? And before you get all upset perhaps you should grab that dictionary of yours and look up the word. It's not my problem you don't know what it means. :mad:

We understand that the Democrat Party relies on the votes of ignorant blacks. It also relies on the votes of ignorant whites. Ignorance in general is what makes it thrive.

The only way America is gong to remain a super power is to develop science, infrastructure and r@d big time. Education should be the center piece to our plan to remain a contender...

We had plenty of science and infrastructure before the government started horning into the business. Most of the inventions of the modern world originated right here in America before government ever spent a dime on R&D.

A poll with 20% undecided is kind of meaningless at this point.

and by 1 and 2 percent ... hell look at Warren she was trailing all the way up to the election and she lost right republicans ??? its wishful thinking on the right they are soooooo desperate, its becoming funny:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The only way America is gong to remain a super power is to develop science, infrastructure and r@d big time. Education should be the center piece to our plan to remain a contender...

We had plenty of science and infrastructure before the government started horning into the business. Most of the inventions of the modern world originated right here in America before government ever spent a dime on R&D.
shows us how much you know ... everything that has become into existance has R&D ... government R&D ... where have you been hiding ??? under you boy friends package:fu::blahblah:???

Last edited:
A poll with 20% undecided is kind of meaningless at this point.

It's to early to tell, however, it's telling that a big pro Obamacare Congress women is hurting in what should be a Democratic seat.

Why should North Carolina be a "Democratic" seat? It went red 5 out of the last six elections.

Hagen only has the seat because Liddy Dole kind of goofed up.

Forum List

Back