Sen. Klobuchar says English should not be US national language

Nothing unites a nation like a common language. What is she afraid of?
Lie.

A friend of mine went into the Army and some of the manuals were Spanish/English. She worked with explosives sometimes. Since Spanish was her first language, that helped her do her job. Having multi lingual manuals, ballots, forms etc excludes nobody and allows all who want to engage in the processes that do truly unite us.

Utter bullshit.
There's no motivation to learn English if all government functions are provided in various languages. We are a fractured society, and one of the chief reasons is we are separated by different languages here in our own country.

A common language is key, otherwise people tend to stay in their own group.

Nothing unites a nation like a common language. What is she afraid of?
Lie.

A friend of mine went into the Army and some of the manuals were Spanish/English. She worked with explosives sometimes. Since Spanish was her first language, that helped her do her job. Having multi lingual manuals, ballots, forms etc excludes nobody and allows all who want to engage in the processes that do truly unite us.

Utter bullshit.
There's no motivation to learn English if all government functions are provided in various languages. We are a fractured society, and one of the chief reasons is we are separated by different languages here in our own country.

A common language is key, otherwise people tend to stay in their own group.

So?

Maybe we should force people to dress certain ways in the interest of some fantasy of cohesion being necessary.

Perhaps you should learn Spanish. What’s that? You don’t like being forced to do something in the interest of unity?

It’s a dumb idea; just like it’s a dumb idea to make others only speak or read English

Their parents, by and large, don’t agree with you.
You making stuff up is not compelling.

I'm not making anything up, stupid. This is exactly the field I work in every day. It is what I have studied extensively, and has been the focus of my professional life for decades. You need to stop and consider what you're doing before shooting your mouth off, champ.

Last edited:
I'm not making anything up, stupid. This is exactly the field I work in every day. It is what I have studied extensively, and is the focus of my professional life for decades. You need to stop and consider what you're doing before shooting your mouth off, champ.
Is this addressed to me?

I'm not making anything up, stupid. This is exactly the field I work in every day. It is what I have studied extensively, and is the focus of my professional life for decades. You need to stop and consider what you're doing before shooting your mouth off, champ.
Is this addressed to me?

No, you must have the other asshole on ignore. Pay attention.

No, you must have the other asshole on ignore. Pay attention.
I sure do but if he's the other asshole I assume you are referring to me or maybe another person I have on ignore? In any case actually addressing people through their posts is the bright proper
thing to do.

Last edited:
We have never had an "official national language," and immigrants have always assimilated to American economic, political, and social life. Your claim is illogical as if flies in the face of all available evidence throughout the history of my country.
We've never had a proliferation of government programs and money sucking pandering like we have now either.

I don't know about your country but in my country government has created dozens of costly programs for a multitude of non English speaking peoples. We are paying for their lack of English proficiency when English is the national lingua franca.

In magazines, on television and radio, in markets and in ESL public school classes and on all government documents publicly posted Spanish speakers have carved out a sort of cultural apartheid in America.

That's fine by me but don't ask me to subsidize your ignorance of English.

Claim: Feds spend hidden 'billions' yearly for non-English translations

Last edited:

Forum List

Back