🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Senate report: Lois Lerner wanted to target Bristol Palin

Richard Nixon is rolling in his grave, shocked by what this Administration has gotten away with.

I think he'd be saying:
I am not a crook... next to these criminals!

LOL

Four days afterward, the Nixon White House offered its answer: “Certain elements may try to stretch this beyond what it was,” press secretary Ronald Ziegler scoffed, dismissing the incident as a “third-rate burglary.”

History proved that it was anything but. Two years later, Richard Nixon would become the first and only U.S. president to resign, his role in the criminal conspiracy to obstruct justice — the Watergate coverup — definitively established. Another answer has since persisted, often unchallenged: the notion that the coverup was worse than the crime. This idea minimizes the scale and reach of Nixon’s criminal actions.

Ervin’s answer to his own question hints at the magnitude of Watergate: “To destroy, insofar as the presidential election of 1972 was concerned, the integrity of the process by which the president of the United States is nominated and elected.” Yet Watergate was far more than that. At its most virulent, Watergate was a brazen and daring assault, led by Nixon himself, against the heart of American democracy: the Constitution, our system of free elections, the rule of law.

In the course of his presidency, beginning in 1969, Nixon launched and managed five successive and overlapping wars — against the anti-Vietnam War movement, the news media, the Democrats, the justice system and, finally, against history itself. All reflected a mind-set and a pattern of behavior that were uniquely and pervasively Nixon’s: a willingness to disregard the law for political advantage, and a quest for dirt and secrets about his opponents as an organizing principle of his presidency.

Long before the Watergate break-in, gumshoeing, burglary, wiretapping and political sabotage had become a way of life in the Nixon White House.

What was Watergate? It was Nixon’s five wars.

Read more: Woodward and Bernstein Nixon s crimes were worse than we knew Ct

Dear BlindBoo Before Nixon,
Lincoln also had to use Draconian measures to fight a war on domestic turf.
Hanging journalists as war criminals, burning presses as part of the war strategies
fought against our own citizens and states turned enemies. Are you kidding me?

How is that not a total FUBAR situation of crossing the line
between enemy combatants and Constitutional rights of
citizens to free speech and press, right to bear arms, etc.

Currently our civil war is fought on ideologies, a religious war
between Christian values and beliefs being discriminated against
in govt, CLAIMING they violate separation of church and state,
while at the same time leaders in govt abusing political party power
to establish equally politicized SECULAR BELIEFS such as right to health care (while denying
equal beliefs in right to life) and right to gay marriage equality
(while denying equal creeds and beliefs of opposing parties).

We do have a culture war going on, and unfortunately not only
are our media used to fight it, but unconstitutionally our govt
institutions have been abused to take sides. How is this not horrifying?

It's okay and endorsed by govt to be anti-christian and
to lobby and sue to remove any references to Christian beliefs
that offend even a single member of the public, harmed or not.

But if anyone seeks to defend their beliefs, objecting to gay or homosexual
activities they don't want to be forced to participate in or endorse,
they face fines through govt.

You can't be anti-gay or anti-Muslim without getting harassed and called a bigot.
but it's legal to be anti-Christian, where suing and and winning lawsuits
is considered a victory for civil rights. Just not when the other side defends their beliefs from infringement.

Am I the only liberal prochoice Democrat who sees the danger in this bias,
backed by govt and courts?

All I ask is to be consistent, especially if we are going to teach kids not to bully to get one's way but to take responsibility and courage in doing what is right and enforcing the laws equally for everyone, not just for your own interests.

I imagine the Candie Foundation is regretting ever hiring her.

Did Lerners goons burn them down? Audit everyone in their families or anyone they knew? Kick their doors in in the middle of the night to "inventory" their possessions prior to seizing them for newly minted tax liens?

Just have Project Veritas interview her incognito.

And try to catch her lying about transporting baby parts,
counseling people to hide prostitution, or changing names of student
organizations to get away with funding ISIS.

[

I'd do her :badgrin:

bristol-palin-1.jpg

Lois Lerner tried to rape her - on orders from Obama - so you'll have to wait your turn.

Richard Nixon is rolling in his grave, shocked by what this Administration has gotten away with.

I think he'd be saying:

LOL

Four days afterward, the Nixon White House offered its answer: “Certain elements may try to stretch this beyond what it was,” press secretary Ronald Ziegler scoffed, dismissing the incident as a “third-rate burglary.”

History proved that it was anything but. Two years later, Richard Nixon would become the first and only U.S. president to resign, his role in the criminal conspiracy to obstruct justice — the Watergate coverup — definitively established. Another answer has since persisted, often unchallenged: the notion that the coverup was worse than the crime. This idea minimizes the scale and reach of Nixon’s criminal actions.

Ervin’s answer to his own question hints at the magnitude of Watergate: “To destroy, insofar as the presidential election of 1972 was concerned, the integrity of the process by which the president of the United States is nominated and elected.” Yet Watergate was far more than that. At its most virulent, Watergate was a brazen and daring assault, led by Nixon himself, against the heart of American democracy: the Constitution, our system of free elections, the rule of law.

In the course of his presidency, beginning in 1969, Nixon launched and managed five successive and overlapping wars — against the anti-Vietnam War movement, the news media, the Democrats, the justice system and, finally, against history itself. All reflected a mind-set and a pattern of behavior that were uniquely and pervasively Nixon’s: a willingness to disregard the law for political advantage, and a quest for dirt and secrets about his opponents as an organizing principle of his presidency.

Long before the Watergate break-in, gumshoeing, burglary, wiretapping and political sabotage had become a way of life in the Nixon White House.

Guy was just ahead of his time. We actually held leaders accountable back then. He would be considered a Hero today. He'd fit in perfectly.

He was as corrupt as the mid summer day is long.

Apparently the radical left thinks that the daughter of a vice presidential candidate is a legitimate target of the incredible power of the federal government. The left came pretty close under Obama but God help us if the criminals in the democrat party ever gain total control. The Country as we know it would become a 3rd world dictatorship.

Apparently the radical left thinks that the daughter of a vice presidential candidate is a legitimate target of the incredible power of the federal government. The left came pretty close under Obama but God help us if the criminals in the democrat party ever gain total control. The Country as we know it would become a 3rd world dictatorship.

whitehall that's already happening.

* the lawsuits over IRS targeting of True the Vote for going after voter abuses.
* creating new classes of violators by mandating citizens buy insurance
and now forcing all people and businesses to cater to gay weddings regardless of beliefs against this
* legalizing marijuana at the same time as forcing all citizens to start paying for health care through govt
without first regulating illegal immigrants or other people abusing the system or their own health and expecting
to shift the cost to the public to pay for those who can't

Do you like the idea of forming a class of voters and taxpayers from all parties
and lobbying to declare the platforms and agenda of these parties as Political Religions
that must fund their own agenda and keep their beliefs out of govt? Can we lobby as a collective union?

Apparently Bristol Palin is an easy target, if you know what I mean.

lolol
I imagine the Candie Foundation is regretting ever hiring her.
Paying $350,000 a year to a 17 year old. I think they were worthy of an investigation

Okay and where's the govt commission on the money
paid to Solyndra, or KBR and other war contractors contested by taxpayers
as conflicts of interest?

Where's the commission on the 1.6 billion of tax money used to bail out junk bonds Maxxam Corp. abused
to seize prime forest land in California, only to spend another 580 million to buy part of it back?

Where's the investigation of 15 million in Federal Reserve money
that was paid in advance for the facility built over the former site of historic graves in Freedmen's Town,
but instead of creating a land trust, the money was used to help corporate developers take over more property there?

I think he'd be saying:

LOL

Hanging journalists as war criminals, burning presses as part of the war strategies

to establish equally politicized SECULAR BELIEFS such as right to health care (while denying

You can't be anti-gay or anti-Muslim without getting harassed and called a bigot.
is considered a victory for civil rights. Just not when the other side defends their beliefs from infringement.

All I ask is to be consistent, especially if we are going to teach kids not to bully to get one's way but to take responsibility and courage in doing what is right and enforcing the laws equally for everyone, not just for your own interests.

Wow, you go.....

I think he'd be saying:

LOL

Wow, you go.....

I guess I'm practicing for the next big Filibuster after Ted Cruz and Wendy Davis.

Not that many laws would ever reach that point in the process
if they had to be based on consensus in the first place....

Why would she be exempt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would she be exempt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

* Isn't the issue more like: why go after her over a couple of hundred K
and not, for example, go after Solyndra contracts for millions more
and get taxpayers paid back for that money.

* Why use federal judicial authority to go after
Arizona for unconstitutional immigration laws,
but push unconstitutional health care mandates
and even argue before the Supreme Court it is a tax to get it to pass.

The issue is about partisan bias in how federal authority is applied.
Clearly if political opponents are targeted while other violations
are allowed to slide or even defended, that ALIGN with the
political party of the office holders, that's a political
conflict of interest by party in violation of the Code of Ethics
for Govt Service.

Legally, conflicts of interest are based on financial relations,
not political views. Since we can't argue in court, that's why
this is being argued in the media.

The concept is still there, the idea of a conflict of interest
that is influencing public duty and neutrality and equal
treatment of all people of all groups.

This administration even admitted treating certain
groups as ENEMIES so that is discrimination
in violation of Govt ethics and Constitutional duties to all citizens regardless of affiliation.

Targeting your political rivals with IRS attacks is about as low as it can go. But this President has actually managed to stoop even lower. He went after a rival's child.

It really is shocking no one in this Administration is in cuffs wearing orange jumpsuits. Arrests have to be made. An example has to be set. Are these people above the law? Looks like it at this point.

Targeting your political rivals with IRS attacks is about as low as it can go. But this President has actually managed to stoop even lower. He went after a rival's child.

It really is shocking no one in this Administration is in cuffs wearing orange jumpsuits. Arrests have to be made. An example has to be set. Are these people above the law? Looks like it at this point.

Dear paulitician

I figured the stage was set to charge the ENTIRE Democratic Party with political discrimination on the basis of CREED
and conspiring to violate equal civil rights, by pushing TWO beliefs through federal govt that PROVE discrimination by CREED
* right to health care which is STATED in the TX Democratic Party Platform as an admitted BELIEF
"WE BELIEVE" that health care is a right, not a privilege..."
* right to marriage

While at the same time denying the equal protection of other beliefs in
* right to life
* Constitutional beliefs in free market health care by which the ACA mandates
violate due process by depriving citizens of liberty without any proof of committing crimes

However, since it seems clear the liberal side will NOT give way on gay marriage
and seems absolutely adamant about defending federal funding for health care and PP against the will of
other people (whose beliefs don't seem to count)
then I will suggest the OPPOSITE approach of declaring ALL funding of
* right to life
* spiritual healing
* conversion and reparative therapy
* right to maintain references to God, prayer, creation, Jesus, the Bible, religion and Christianity
in all public institutions, schools, polices and funding
and to ban the Democratic Party from trying to enforce or sue over "separation of church and state"
since they aren't following it.

There is clear precedence set that BELIEFS such as concerning orientation, homosexuality,
gender that is not genetically proven, right to marriage and right to health care through govt
ARE permitted through govt, particularly federal laws and courts,
so this argument is no longer applicable to bar Christians and others from claiming
equal free exercise of religion to implement and include their own beliefs in govt and federal laws.

The door is now open for everyone to establish beliefs.
And the Democrats can't argue anymore for separation of church and state
and prochoice to keep other people's political beliefs out of govt
since they made it clear they permit this.

I think that is more likely to win public approval.
If Christians get their God back, their right to life, I think they
can get over gay marriage. If there is a truce not to sue over any more of these creeds and beliefs.

I still think the ACA mandates and requirements should be TAX DEDUCTIONS
and not added expenses, and that parties should separate funding and terms of benefits
so there is truly a truce, and no more fighting over each other's beliefs of what to fund or not to fund.

We needed to separate funding over the death penalty anyway,
so if we separate that, and funding over abortion, birth control, stem cell research and other
issues objected to on the basis of religion,
we can set up funding for taxpayers who'd rather support life in prison and work programs for restitution,
and research into Spiritual Healing as an alternative to marijuana research or embryonic/stem cell research
that not all people believe in funding either.

If everyone gets the green light to fund their own projects and priorities through their own parties,
we can separate civilly and everyone should be relieved to have more control over where their taxes go!

Forum List

Back