Senator Diane Frankenstein destroy by Federal Judge: Bloggers are the Media

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
Commie Czar Diane Frankenstein declared that the Media Shield Law only appleis to "salaried agents" and does not protect bloggers. Shove it Commie

Link and full PDF of court case attached at bottom:

…it is hard to dispute that the advent of the internet as a medium and the emergence of the blog as a means of free dissemination of news and public comment have been transformative. By some accounts, there are in the range of 300 million blogs worldwide. The variety and quality of these are such that the word “blog” itself is an evolving term and concept. The impact of blogs has been so great that even terms traditionally well defined and understood in journalism are changing as journalists increasingly employ the tools and techniques of bloggers – and vice versa. In employing the word “blog,” we consider a site operated by a single individual or a small group that has primarily an informational purpose, most commonly in an area of special interest, knowledge or expertise of the blogger, and which usually provides for public impact or feedback. In that sense, it appears clear that many blogs and bloggers will fall within the broad reach of “media,” and, if accused of defamatory statements, will qualify as a “media defendant” for purposes of Florida’s defamation law as discussed above.

http://www.infowars.com/court-declares-that-yes-bloggers-are-media/

Last edited by a moderator:
The MSM and liberals hate anything that allows the free interchange of information! That's exactly why Obama has attacked bloggers, as has his front, Kinklestone. :(

First, this decision was by a circuit level court serving only two counties in Florida, not a federal one.

Second, nothing the Florida court said disagrees with Feinstein. In fact, the court's statement is in perfect harmony with what she wants.

When the Senate Judiciary Committee approved a bill to grant journalistic protections to pretty much all bloggers, Feinstein had an objection:

"I can't support it if everyone who has a blog has a special privilege … or if Edward Snowden were to sit down and write this stuff, he would have a privilege. I'm not going to go there," she said.

Feinstein introduced an amendment that defines a "covered journalist" as someone who gathers and reports news for "an entity or service that disseminates news and information."

Feinstein is okay with giving journalistic protection to bloggers who actually news and information. She does not believe all bloggers meet that criteria.

The Florida court feels the same way as Feinstein:

We are not prepared to say that all blogs and all bloggers would qualify for the protection of section 770.01, Florida Statutes, but we conclude that VanVoorhis’s blog, at issue here, is within the ambit of the statute’s protection as an alternative medium of news and public comment.

The court's definition of a protected blogger aligns with Feinstein's view:

In employing the word “blog,” we consider a site operated by a single individual or a small group that has primarily an informational purpose, most commonly in an area of special interest, knowledge or expertise of the blogger, and which usually provides for public impact or feedback.

Feinstein: ...someone who gathers and reports news for "an entity or service that disseminates news and information."

Court: ... a single individual or a small group that has primarily an informational purpose

Last edited:
First, this decision was by a circuit level court serving only two counties in Florida, not a federal one.

Second, nothing the Florida court said disagrees with Feinstein. In fact, the court's statement is in perfect harmony with what she wants.

When the Senate Judiciary Committee approved a bill to grant journalistic protections to pretty much all bloggers, Feinstein had an objection:

"I can't support it if everyone who has a blog has a special privilege … or if Edward Snowden were to sit down and write this stuff, he would have a privilege. I'm not going to go there," she said.

Feinstein introduced an amendment that defines a "covered journalist" as someone who gathers and reports news for "an entity or service that disseminates news and information."

Feinstein is okay with giving journalistic protection to bloggers who actually news and information. She does not believe all bloggers meet that criteria.

We are not prepared to say that all blogs and all bloggers would qualify for the protection of section 770.01, Florida Statutes, but we conclude that VanVoorhis’s blog, at issue here, is within the ambit of the statute’s protection as an alternative medium of news and public comment.

We get it, you love Big Gov, because Big Gov loves you

We get it, you love Big Gov, because Big Gov loves you

So you cannot refute the facts. I see...

The court did not refute Feinstein, much less destroy her. Simple fact. You were wrong. You have no victory.

None of which has anything to do with my feelings on the matter. Inferring a completely wrong conclusion about me just because you were found with your pants down once again is an idiot's gambit. Sorry.

Last edited:
The court did not refute Feinstein, much less destroy her. Simple fact. You were wrong. You have no victory.

She said word for word that "salaried agents" are the only people who should benefit from from the Media Shield Laws.

That's means if I have blog going on my own, and no one else is paying me a salary, I am not protected by the Media Shield Law. The Court ruled against that.

Good day Big Guv Hug.

In employing the word “blog,” we consider a site operated by a single individual or a small group that has primarily an informational purpose, most commonly in an area of special interest, knowledge or expertise of the blogger, and which usually provides for public impact or feedback.

Feinstein: ...someone who gathers and reports news for "an entity or service that disseminates news and information."

Court: ... a single individual or a small group that has primarily an informational purpose

When did "free speech" become "special privilege"?

"covered journalist" as someone who gathers and reports news for "an entity or service that disseminates news and information."

What is Feinstein's definition of an entity or service that disseminates news? I am sure Feinstein believed Dan Rather holding up 1972 MS Word-created documents outing George Bush as AWOL was legitimate news disseminated from a worthy news source. Diane, you are full of shit.

Commie Czar Diane Frankenstein declared that the Media Shield Law only appleis to "salaried agents" and does not protect bloggers. Shove it Commie

Link and full PDF of court case attached at bottom:

…it is hard to dispute that the advent of the internet as a medium and the emergence of the blog as a means of free dissemination of news and public comment have been transformative. By some accounts, there are in the range of 300 million blogs worldwide. The variety and quality of these are such that the word “blog” itself is an evolving term and concept. The impact of blogs has been so great that even terms traditionally well defined and understood in journalism are changing as journalists increasingly employ the tools and techniques of bloggers – and vice versa. In employing the word “blog,” we consider a site operated by a single individual or a small group that has primarily an informational purpose, most commonly in an area of special interest, knowledge or expertise of the blogger, and which usually provides for public impact or feedback. In that sense, it appears clear that many blogs and bloggers will fall within the broad reach of “media,” and, if accused of defamatory statements, will qualify as a “media defendant” for purposes of Florida’s defamation law as discussed above.

» Court Declares That, Yes, Bloggers Are Media Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Why is it that right wingers are not capable of typing out coherent sentences?

"Senator Diane Frankenstein destroy by Federal Judge"

Last edited by a moderator:
Feinstein is okay with giving journalistic protection to bloggers who actually news and information. She does not believe all bloggers meet that criteria

What is the criteria? This is what a journalist would ask. A member of a sheeple would accept that a US Senator as beholder of all of the criteria of one who "actually news and information".

Feinstein isn't talking about first amendment rights. She is specifically talking about a particular "shield" law where reporters are not required to reveal their sources.

Calm down. A media shield law is not about free speech. It is about not having to reveal sources.

Why is it that right wingers are not capable of typing out coherent sentences?

"Senator Diane Frankenstein destroy by Federal Judge"

Are you really criticizing me over a typo? I left out the "ed" suffix on destroy.

If you are going to start threads that are mostly copy and paste and very little typing, then maybe it would be a good idea to calm down a little bit and try to make sense.

Grammar and sentence structure do matter. Let's use the second amendment as an example since you care about militias so much:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

If they had just said "be necessary" instead of "being necessary", then it would have looked ignorant when everybody read it. They didn't want to look ignorant so they double checked their work so everybody would know exactly what they meant.

Forum List

Back