Senator Hawley pledges to support Ukraine's Zelenskyy: 'Indefensible' the US is importing Russia's 'blood oil'

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
"I just think it's indefensible, indefensible that we were importing hundreds of thousands of barrels of oil a day from Russia. This is blood oil and this is financing the war."

I believe that all the oil being imported from Russia is being done by the oil corporations not the US Government. Time to pressure the correct people

I believe that all the oil being imported from Russia is being done by the oil corporations not the US Government.

you are 100% correct.

What you are missing is that all the GOP folks talking about banning the sale of oil from Russia are just doing so to drive up the cost of gas in this country to help them in Nov.

They do not actually care about Russia invading the Ukraine

"I just think it's indefensible, indefensible that we were importing hundreds of thousands of barrels of oil a day from Russia. This is blood oil and this is financing the war."

I believe that all the oil being imported from Russia is being done by the oil corporations not the US Government. Time to pressure the correct people

Biden has not (and never will) sanction the Russian oil and gas industry. His family made their fortune on that.

• Banned
We're on the verge of WWIII because a bunch of idiots think nuclear power and drilling for oil is icky

you are 100% correct.

What you are missing is that all the GOP folks talking about banning the sale of oil from Russia are just doing so to drive up the cost of gas in this country to help them in Nov.

Exactly...these assholes want to make the situation WORSE so they can scream about how bad it is

you are 100% correct.

imo, they are just looking to score "points" on Biden despite having championed Trump for 4 plus years. Whether the US chooses to not buy Russian oil is immaterial to the actual price of oil. Russia exports 5-7million barrels a day. We're still going to have to buy some oil, and we buy oil partially based upon how it fits refineries desired "mix" of different "weights" and "dirtiness."

But Biden should push to keep open, and open, any oil or NG pipeline that can actually function in the next year or so. And I was always in favor of building the keystoneXL

In total for the first two months of 2022, we stand at 357,000 barrels, or al little over 6,000 barrels a day. But we've allowed Russian access to the West for three decades. Hawley's croc tears are meaningless and are just a means to acquiring power.

NaziHawley.jpg

Saul Biden's Fault!

Schizo Personality A: Gasoline prices are too high!

Schizo Personality B: Why won't Biden cut off Putin's oil?!?!

Schizo Personality A: Gasoline prices are too high!

Schizo Personality B: Why won't Biden cut off Putin's oil?!?!
i like to present both sides...we need to debate everything and think of every possible outcome to this war

you are 100% correct.

I dont think we need help in November. Biden already wrecked oil prices before this Ukraine business even started. It seems to me that democrats care more about winning seats in the US than they care about the people of Ukraine being slaughtered, so now youre against blackballing Russian oil.

Forum List

Back