Separation of Church and State by Reagan,

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014

-----------------------------------------------------------

so why does one use the bible for the oath of public servants, and why do they swear on the bible in courtrooms.

Since the line has become blurred even more since Trump took office, and might I add, he is a man of no (0, none) integrity, its time to draw a line.

Like Trump, Reagan also depended on the Evan vote, so why he said that is beyond me, must of made a lot of right wing Evans angry.

Separation of church and state means we shall not be ruled by a religion. Unlike Shit Stain the Islamic terrorist.

so why does one use the bible for the oath of public servants, and why do they swear on the bible in courtrooms.

Since the line has become blurred even more since Trump took office, and might I add, he is a man of no (0, none) integrity, its time to draw a line.

Like Trump, Reagan also depended on the Evan vote, so why he said that is beyond me, must of made a lot of right wing Evans angry.

Wha? You wake and bake this AM Too?

Upon my arrival in the United States, the religious aspect of the country was the first thing that struck my attention; and the longer I stayed there the more did I perceive the great political consequences resulting from this state of things, to which I was unaccustomed. In France I had almost always seen the spirit of religion and the spirit of freedom pursuing courses diametrically opposed to each other; but in America I found that they were intimately united, and that they reigned in common over the same country. My desire to discover the causes of this phenomenon increased from day to day. In order to satisfy it I questioned the members of all the different sects; and I more especially sought the society of the clergy, who are the depositaries of the different persuasions, and who are more especially interested in their duration. As a member of the Roman Catholic Church I was more particularly brought into contact with several of its priests, with whom I became intimately acquainted. To each of these men I expressed my astonishment and I explained my doubts; I found that they differed upon matters of detail alone; and that they mainly attributed the peaceful dominion of religion in their country to the separation of Church and State. I do not hesitate to affirm that during my stay in America I did not meet with a single individual, of the clergy or of the laity, who was not of the same opinion upon this point.
- Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

The unbelievers of Europe attack the Christians as their political opponents, rather than as their religious adversaries; they hate the Christian religion as the opinion of a party, much more than as an error of belief; and they reject the clergy less because they are the representatives of the Divinity than because they are the allies of authority.

In Europe, Christianity has been intimately united to the powers of the earth. Those powers are now in decay, and it is, as it were, buried under their ruins. The living body of religion has been bound down to the dead corpse of superannuated polity: cut but the bonds which restrain it, and that which is alive will rise once more.

- Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

It gets confusing. For example: Roy Moore's popularity is based on his so-called 'Christian values', meaning anti-abortion (I don't know where that is in the Bible, and I read it a lot), or homosexuality (I know where that is, in the OT) and his 'Christian' views are bound with the Constitution where the separation of religion and secular is guaranteed. He talks like SCOTUS should morph into Sanhedrin. And yet, for all our outcry against what preachers tell us we shouldn't favor, these evangels don't keep the Commandments either. The majority don't keep the Sabbath (Saturday) holy nor Sunday either, they don't honor the elderly, they care more for money than good works as directed by Jesus. So I figure if these folks really really really had what they say they want,,,,they'd scream like a stuck pig!

Look it up, there is no Constitutional concept of "separation of church and state". The majority Supreme Court opinion around 1948 was authored by a former KKK member that FDR appointed to the Supreme Court. The intent was to stop the proliferation of Catholic Schools that were springing up throughout the U.S. The Supreme Court decision relied on obscure letters written by Founding Fathers rather than the 1st Amendment which was the absolute rule of law. Government hypocrites showed America how much they cared about tradition and religious beliefs by a big show of erecting a giant Christmas tree on government property and having a Chaplain say a prayer but at the same time the sinister left was threatening local jurisdictions with law suits if they put a freaking Christmas tree in Town Square. The hypocrisy escaped the hypocritical mainstream media and still does.

Look it up, there is no Constitutional concept of "separation of church and state". The majority Supreme Court opinion around 1948 was authored by a former KKK member that FDR appointed to the Supreme Court. The intent was to stop the proliferation of Catholic Schools that were springing up throughout the U.S. The Supreme Court decision relied on obscure letters written by Founding Fathers rather than the 1st Amendment which was the absolute rule of law. Government hypocrites showed America how much they cared about tradition and religious beliefs by a big show of erecting a giant Christmas tree on government property and having a Chaplain say a prayer but at the same time the sinister left was threatening local jurisdictions with law suits if they put a freaking Christmas tree in Town Square. The hypocrisy escaped the hypocritical mainstream media and still does.

Lets see one can have freedom of religion without having separation of Church and State. Tell me how would that work? How do you envision that?

Forum List

Back