Sexualizing Young Girls

Originally posted by Pale Rider
Well, and also, I think a woman that's more covered up that leaves things up to the imagination is dressed sexier than a woman with everything hanging out. Not only that, it's a lot more of a turn on when you finaly get to undress her. Shit, if you've already seen everything she's got, then what's sexy about taking off what little is left? Answer... "nothing".

The bigger question is if you can already see what she's got, what is there to take off? nothing.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
Well, and also, I think a woman that's more covered up that leaves things up to the imagination is dressed sexier than a woman with everything hanging out.

Well said.
If a woman peeks my interest, however, I'm probably going to enjoy undressing her regardless of what she is wearing. If she lets me.;)

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Actually there is nothing wrong with judging people upon their dress. in fact there is nothing wrong with judging people at all

I haven't been to Church in a while, but am I remembering this right?:

"Judge not lest ye be judged."

Maybe the Bible isn't the origin of that quote but I thought it was. And I think they're words to live by. We all past judgements constantly, but thinking someone is an asshole and thinking someone is a whore because whe wear a thong or "short shorts" is a bit different I think.

Or, perhaps better put, having an opinion on someone's style of dress is much different than judging the person based on their dress. Marilyn Manson dresses like a total whackjob but is actually a pretty decent guy, compared to some of our more vocal, but ignorant, celebrities.

I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
We need to teach our children how to respect their bodies. they are young and dont always understand the powers contained in their bodies. heck many adults dont understand it yet.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by JohnGalt
Well, a women that is more covered up is harder to find today, at least in my location. Each girl has their own sort of way of being sexy. The girls that are more covered up probably are more fun to talk to and have a relationship. While the other girls are good for other things...

1. Fifteen year old girls are not supposed to be "sexy".

2. Adhering to a standard of decency does not mean one "hates" change. It indicates some level of self respect.

3. You may enjoy slut attire, I say that it demeans young girls and encourages horny pervs to pursue them.

But since I am conservative by nature, I have to admit that it is an individual right to dress as we please. Just not at my house.

I have sent several would-be dates packing their sorry asses back home. I don't expect suit and tie to date my daughter, but no punk is going to show up at my front door with his jeans dangling down around his knees, wearing a tee shirt with an obscene slogan, his stupid hat on sideways, and with numerous pierced body parts. I try to teach my daughter to value and respect herself. Usually she does pretty well. When she has a momentary lapse in judgement, old Dad is more than happy to kick some punk's ass into the next county.

There have been a few times that I've seen a girl dressed way too provocatively and wanted to ask her something along the lines of "How much for a quickie?" Not because I wanted one, but because hopefully she would get the idea pretty quick that girls who dress like sluts/hookers will be assumed to be slut/hookers. And yes, I know the difference between the two.

I agree that certain styles are a bit... ummm... much. But these are the styles that teenagers want to wear because they want to look sexy like the female stars that they see on tv. Now, I do not approve of a 13 year old looking like Brittney Spears, but I can understand why someone who is 16 and up would want to.

When I was a teenager (not too long ago) you should of seen what I used to wear!! Of course I got male attention, but I liked it.

Now, I've toned it down, but I love the flirty little skirts that are out right now and some of the 80s inspired tops that hang off the shoulder and reveal a lot of skin.

I think ultimately it's going to be up to the parents. As long as the kid still lives at home the parent has a say. I think it also has a lot to do with body image. Too often girls see shows on tv like "The Swan" and think that being pretty and sexy is all there is. The parents really need to try and make them realize that there is more to offer than just those qualities. Beauty is fleeting.

Just in case anyone wants to use this, feel free. I got it off the net. I let Miss Priss's dates read it while they're waiting for her to make her entrance.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

APPLICATION FOR PERMISSION TO DATE MY DAUGHTER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: This application will be incomplete and rejected unless accompanied by a complete financial statement, job history, driving record, lineage, and current certified medical report (including drug tests) from your doctor.

1. NAME _______________________________ DATE OF BIRTH ________________

2. HEIGHT ______________ WEIGHT __________ I.Q _______ G.P.A.____________

3. SOCIAL SECURITY # _____________ DRIVERS LICENSE # __________________

4. BOY SCOUT RANK_______________________________________________

5. HOME ADDRESS _________________ CITY/STATE ___________ ZIP __________

6. Do you have one MALE and one FEMALE parent?______________________________

If No, EXPLAIN ______________________________________________________

7. Number of years your parents have been married ________________________________

8. Do you own a van? ______ A truck with oversized tires? ______ A waterbed? _________

Do you have an earring, nose ring, belly button ring, or a tattoo? _____________________

(If "yes" to any of #8, discontinue application and leave premises)

9. In 50 words or less, what does "LATE" mean to you?______________________________

10. In 50 words or less, what does "DON'T TOUCH MY DAUGHTER" mean to you?

11. In 50 words or less, what does "ABSTINENCE" mean to you? ______________________

12. Church you attend _____________ How often do you attend ______________________

13. When would be the best time to interview your father, mother and priest/rabbi/minister? ____

14. Answer by filling in the blank: please answer freely. ALL answers are confidential (That means I won't tell anyone -ever- I promise.)

a) If I were shot, the last place on my body I would want wounded is __________________

b) If I were beaten, the last bone I would want broken is my ________________________

c) A woman's place is in the _______________________________________________

d) The one thing I hope this application does not ask me about is _____________________

e) When I first meet a girl, the first thing I notice about her is _______________________

( NOTE: If your answer begins with "T" or "A", discontinue. Leave premises keeping your head low. Running in a serpentine fashion is advised.)

15. What do you want to be IF you grow up? ____________________________________

I SWEAR THAT ALL INFORMATION SUPPLIED ABOVE IS TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE UNDER PENALTY OF DEATH, DISMEMBERMENT, NATIVE AMERICAN ANT TORTURE, ELECTROCUTION, CHINESE WATER TORTURE, AND RED HOT POKERS.

Thank you for your interest. Please allow four to six years for
processing. You will be notified in writing if you are approved. Please do
not try to call or write. If you do attempt any communication before your
application is approved, automatic disqualification will result.
If your application is rejected, you will be notified by
two gentlemen wearing white ties and carrying violin cases (You might
want to watch your back).

Do you still want to date my daughter?:

_____ Yes, please accept my application

_____ I um, no, I uh, think I have the wrong house...

LOL Having successfully raised my daughter to the ripe old age of 22, I think I gave some fellows a nicer version of this. Especially the one I called the police on. (not kidding).

You sound like a (ahem), concerned father. Good for you.

We need more overbearing parents. I hated my parents for being so overbearing when i was 12-18. I think when i graduated high school and realized what the real world was, that was when i appreciated everything they had done for me to get me this far.

Parents today are so scared of their kids not liking them. Thats why they try to be their friends instead of their parents.

What's funny is that most of my 'liberal' colleagues are quite strict with their own kids. It's only to others that they lecture 'understanding.' In fairness, they do talk to their kids more than most we run up against, but when it comes to homework, chores, respect, etc. they don't budge.

I think the strict parents end up being better parents than the lax parents. Some go overboard. I don't agree with beatings. But punishment works. No chores = No TV. No Homework = No Video Games. Then once you set the rules, you have to follow through on them. Once a child sees weakness he tries to exploit it (much like a dictator of a country). If you punish them and follow through with it, they stand down and fall in line.

I agree. Raising kids is not 'hard' but time consuming. Great rewards though when done right. Hey with that said, even the best of homes can have a kid that never 'gets it.' The opposit is also true, some that 'raise themselves' turn out really great. Not the norm though.

Originally posted by nycflasher
I haven't been to Church in a while, but am I remembering this right?:

"Judge not lest ye be judged."

Maybe the Bible isn't the origin of that quote but I thought it was. And I think they're words to live by. We all past judgements constantly, but thinking someone is an asshole and thinking someone is a whore because whe wear a thong or "short shorts" is a bit different I think.

Or, perhaps better put, having an opinion on someone's style of dress is much different than judging the person based on their dress. Marilyn Manson dresses like a total whackjob but is actually a pretty decent guy, compared to some of our more vocal, but ignorant, celebrities.

I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong.

Thats taken out of context. Judge not lest ye be judged for with the judgement you judge so shall you be judge.

But the Lord also clarified that in John 7:24

"24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

Hence, quite contrary to most people claim we are specifically commanded to judge righteously. We are simply told not to make unrighteous judgement. IE. That person looks evil they are going to hell. Final judgement is left to God, which is why i get so ticked when Christians tell other people they are going to hell. They dont know that. Life isnt over. you never know when sometime down the road maybe they will convert to Christ and be saved.

Anyway, you can make righteous judgements about a person depending on what they wear. The most obvious is that they either dont understand the power of their body or they dont respect their bodies. Whether they are a good person or not doesnt come into play but i have noticed the best women are usually modest.

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
Too often girls see shows on tv like "The Swan" and think that being pretty and sexy is all there is.

That show makes me want to strangle someone-- literally.
It is close to the most appauling(sp?) thing that I have ever seen.

"Watch us take this demure, buck-toothed girl and spend $70,000 slicing and dicing her until she is finally put back together and "looks hot."

I mean, who doesn't want to be beautiful? But, IMO, they take it WAY too far...

Am I crazy for feeling this way?

Originally posted by nycflasher
That show makes me want to strangle someone-- literally.
It is close to the most appauling(sp?) thing that I have ever seen.

"Watch us take this demure, buck-toothed girl and spend $70,000 slicing and dicing her until she is finally put back together and "looks hot."

I mean, who doesn't want to be beautiful? But, IMO, they take it WAY too far...

Am I crazy for feeling this way?

Personally im not the best looking guy out there. Id say average. But I cant figure out why anyone want to have reconstructive surgery to change what they look like. I mean i understand wanting to change what you look like but doing unnecessary surgery that people can and have died from to do it? That seems over the top.

in my own view i think the best way to change what you loook like is to watch your diet, exercise, take care of your hygiene and get some clothes you can be comfortable in and that make you look nice. That way when you succeed in changing what you look like you can feel good that you did it on your own. i dont want to pay some doctor to do it. That would take away the sense of achievement and the confidence that comes with it.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
1. Fifteen year old girls are not supposed to be "sexy".

2. Adhering to a standard of decency does not mean one "hates" change. It indicates some level of self respect.

3. You may enjoy slut attire, I say that it demeans young girls and encourages horny pervs to pursue them.

But since I am conservative by nature, I have to admit that it is an individual right to dress as we please. Just not at my house.

I have sent several would-be dates packing their sorry asses back home. I don't expect suit and tie to date my daughter, but no punk is going to show up at my front door with his jeans dangling down around his knees, wearing a tee shirt with an obscene slogan, his stupid hat on sideways, and with numerous pierced body parts. I try to teach my daughter to value and respect herself. Usually she does pretty well. When she has a momentary lapse in judgement, old Dad is more than happy to kick some punk's ass into the next county.

MY HATS OFF TO YOU SIR..... :bow2:

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
I agree that certain styles are a bit... ummm... much. But these are the styles that teenagers want to wear because they want to look sexy like the female stars that they see on tv.

And that right there is a MAJOR part of the problem. Sluts on TV that these youngsters try to emulate.

In light of your questionaire, I thought you might appreciate this list I happened upon:

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2004/06/almost_here.html#more

Ten Simple Rules for Dating Blackfive's Daughter

RULE ONE:
If you pull into my driveway and honk you’d better be delivering a package because you’re sure as hell not picking anything up. And when you do make it to the door, you had better not be on your cell phone. Respect me and my family and you'll live through the night.

RULE TWO:
You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter’s body, I will remove them...with my Randall Knife...that I keep rusty and dull for just such an occasion.

RULE THREE:
I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don’t take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

RULE FOUR:
When you are talking with your friends and acting cool, don't malign my daughter's reputation. I'll know if you do. And, when you're b.s.-ing around with them and you think that you might have seen me behind that tree, you probably did.

RULE FIVE:
In order for us to get to know each other, you might think that we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is “early”.

RULE SIX:
I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry...a lot.

RULE SEVEN:
As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour has gone by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for a movie you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there why don’t’ you do something useful, like change the oil in my car?

RULE EIGHT:
The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter:

Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool
Places where there are no parent’s, policemen, or nuns within eyesight.
Places where there is darkness.
Places where there is dancing, holding hands or happiness.
Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater and a goose down parka zipped up to her throat.
Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which feature chainsaws are ok.
Old folk homes are better.

RULE NINE:
Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a pot-bellied, middle-aged, dim-witted has-been but on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowoing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and 5 acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

RULE TEN:
Be afraid. Be very afraid. I have a hearing loss and it takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for an Iraqi Republican Guard (Soviet) T-72 tank. When my stress level gets too high, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then turn and run back to your car. There is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face that you see in the window is mine...

Forum List

Back