Shell oil sees record first quarter profits

We pay for their "record profits" at the pump each time we fill up.
Right. Why should they spend more to drill more if they can make money hand over fist on already producing production? What's in it for them, lower prices and lower return on investment, on competition?

If only we didn't have a govt telling them they want to bankrupt & shutdown the industry we all need to survive, they might reinvest those profits into higher production & lower prices the free market way.
It's almost like the govt wants us all to pay a lot more for our energy with all the cascading effects that would bring...

I hear slot of complaints about big oil. I can't say i disagree.
You know, I wonder how much of the inflation caused by the pandemic is just US corporations taking advantage of the moment. I think the same for local governments, that have been out of the office for months due to the pandemic. Are they using COVID-19 as an excuse to keep from doing their job?

You know, I wonder how much of the inflation caused by the pandemic is just US corporations taking advantage of the moment. I think the same for local governments, that have been out of the office for months due to the pandemic. Are they using COVID-19 as an excuse to keep from doing their job?
Well you Dimmers allowed them if its true.

Profit before Country
Same as every other company in the US. If you don't get a profit, you don't stay in business, no matter how many patriotic posters you put up in the employee breakrooms. The oil business has always been a boom or bust thing, with companies making huge profits when the price is high, then trying to ride it out when prices are low. It should be a hint that they don't really control the prices on the global market.

Then you need to ask the question, "who does control the price of oil on the global market?". That answer may be surprising.

Forum List

Back