Shocking

Meister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 15, 2009
Purdue the number 1 seed in the East bracket lost to Fairleigh Dickinson the number 16 seed 63-58.
Only the second time a #1 lost to the #16 at the Big Dance.

Purdue the number 1 seed in the East bracket lost to Fairleigh Dickinson the number 16 seed 63-58.

That's a locker-room that's going to need a few boiler-makers to get over this one~

Watched the game... FDU just flat out played Purdue.
Purdue's Achilles heel is also their strength - 7'4" Edey.
He can't dribble and he is slow. Which also means he can't guard guards, they just speed past him.
FDU is not a great team, but they are a quick team. Fast guards. They pretty much had their way.
Having said that - it was a terrible game. Barely reaching 30 points at half time.
FDU is going to get mopped next game.

Republicans are going to have a very difficult time rooting for FDU. I never heard of it so I did a search and found threads dating all the way back to 2011. It's in NJ or Maryland? Very liberal school. Liberal polls. At least the results are liberal. I've never heard of

Fairleigh Dickinson​

Dude, Republicans are the ones that just want to watch sports. It’s only when leftists interject their radical politics do republicans respond.. saying “Shut up and let us just watch sports”

But again, keep your KKK, CRT, BLM, Jim Crow, Race Quota racism to yourself. It’s ugly stuff that you’re trying to bring back, and you ought to be ashamed.

Watched the game... FDU just flat out played Purdue.
Purdue's Achilles heel is also their strength - 7'4" Edey.
He can't dribble and he is slow. Which also means he can't guard guards, they just speed past him.
FDU is not a great team, but they are a quick team. Fast guards. They pretty much had their way.
Having said that - it was a terrible game. Barely reaching 30 points at half time.
FDU is going to get mopped next game.
Match ups make fights.

Match ups make fights.

I just realized the supposed best player in college baskeball is on this team. He is expected to go 1st pick in the draft. I wonder if this loss changes anything. Will he stay another year? Will he go down in the draft?

I would LOVE for the Pistons to get him. We need a generational center. A center pillar on the team that will be around for 10 years. A guy we can build around. There are a million 6 foot something guys that can shoot the ball. Only 1 7 foot 4 guy out there. If the Piston's don't get him I wish him on the Knicks. Maybe he can turn that team around. Because NY is a great market. Like LA. It's crazy NY sucks so many years. Spike Lee doesn't even go to the games anymore. Sad I wonder if Tracy Morgan still goes. LOL.

a4a01dd7-9e70-4cd8-afd4-b2b51f6cd4da-MSUPUR_011623_kd_3838.jpg

"I want to come back and I want to go to war with them, but at the end of the day I have to make the best decision for me," said Edey, the Big Ten Player of the Year and a consensus All-American. "I have no idea how long my career is going to last. I have no idea what’s going to happen in my future."

The reason you go to college is to get out and get a good job so you can retire comfortably when you are 65. What does a guy make when he is drafted in the first round of the NBA draft?

A 7'4 body can get hurt and suddenly no one wants you. Look at Zion. Fat ass hasn't played more than 20 games every season and they pay him how much? So this guy needs to get paid.

Wait! I'm looking at this source maybe I don't want him

Edey's biggest strength is also his most glaring weakness. He's so big that it is almost impossible to be as mobile as he would need to be to excel at the next level.

On defense, he's not quick enough laterally to keep up with the athletes in the league. With NBA spacing, he would be played off the floor as a frequent target in pick-and-rolls. He's not versatile for switchy NBA schemes and even in drop coverage, 3-point and midrange shooters would have a field day.

Even though he's the best player in college, he may not be fast enough to play at the next level. I remember Shaq when he was young was fast. He would lead fast breaks.

I think I still want this guy. I don't believe he can't keep up at the next level. Yao Ming did it.

I thought he was going number 1 but this site says no. Interesting.

"I want to come back and I want to go to war with them, but at the end of the day I have to make the best decision for me," said Edey, the Big Ten Player of the Year and a consensus All-American. "I have no idea how long my career is going to last. I have no idea what’s going to happen in my future."

The reason you go to college is to get out and get a good job so you can retire comfortably when you are 65. What does a guy make when he is drafted in the first round of the NBA draft?

A 7'4 body can get hurt and suddenly no one wants you. Look at Zion. Fat ass hasn't played more than 20 games every season and they pay him how much? So this guy needs to get paid.

Wait! I'm looking at this source maybe I don't want him

Edey's biggest strength is also his most glaring weakness. He's so big that it is almost impossible to be as mobile as he would need to be to excel at the next level.

On defense, he's not quick enough laterally to keep up with the athletes in the league. With NBA spacing, he would be played off the floor as a frequent target in pick-and-rolls. He's not versatile for switchy NBA schemes and even in drop coverage, 3-point and midrange shooters would have a field day.

Even though he's the best player in college, he may not be fast enough to play at the next level. I remember Shaq when he was young was fast. He would lead fast breaks.

I think I still want this guy. I don't believe he can't keep up at the next level. Yao Ming did it.

I thought he was going number 1 but this site says no. Interesting.
Anyone who has watched Edey play, knows why there is tepid response from the NBA.
Edey is not Shaq, is not Ewing, he is not Robinson or Chamberlain. All of the memorable 7 footers were all athletic. Edey is clumsy, slow and only moderately competitive.
Defensively he is at least as much of a liability as a benefit. He is too dang slow.

Watch this video of Indiana beating Purdue... watch Edey.

Anyone who has watched Edey play, knows why there is tepid response from the NBA.
Edey is not Shaq, is not Ewing, he is not Robinson or Chamberlain. All of the memorable 7 footers were all athletic. Edey is clumsy, slow and only moderately competitive.
Defensively he is at least as much of a liability as a benefit. He is too dang slow.

Seems to lack a lot of body control.

2 things

1. Yianni wasn't Yianni immediately.
2. They could work on him and develop better speed and defense?

But now I see he won't go number one maybe not even first round. Weird.

Talk about 16... The teams that made it to the sweet 16 isn't what many expected. Like Kansas losing.

South Regional: Louisville, March 24​

No. 5 San Diego State vs. No. 1 Alabama - TBD​

No. 15 Princeton vs. TBA -​

East Regional: New York City, March 23​

No. 4 Tennessee vs. TBA -​

TBA vs. TBA -​

West Regional: Las Vegas, March 23​

No. 8 Arkansas vs. TBA -​

No. 2 UCLA vs. TBA -​

Midwest Regional: Kansas City March 24​

No. 1 Houston vs. TBA -​

No. 2 Texas vs. TBA -​

2 things

1. Yianni wasn't Yianni immediately.
2. They could work on him and develop better speed and defense?

But now I see he won't go number one maybe not even first round. Weird.

Giannis at 19 in the NBA. He was exponentially more talented and athletic that Edey looks against non NBA talent.

Also can you spell the man's name correctly?

Oops. My nephew's name is Yianni. LOL
Yeah he's not a pianist, he's an NBA player.

So you were doing that by accident? You didnt know enough about Giannis to know how his name was spelled but were commenting on his play? I know Ive said this before but my God you're fucking stupid.

Yeah he's not a pianist, he's an NBA player.

So you were doing that by accident? You didnt know enough about Giannis to know how his name was spelled but were commenting on his play? I know Ive said this before but my God you're fucking stupid.
Yianni Atutokumbo?

I just realized the supposed best player in college baskeball is on this team. He is expected to go 1st pick in the draft. I wonder if this loss changes anything. Will he stay another year? Will he go down in the draft?

I would LOVE for the Pistons to get him. We need a generational center. A center pillar on the team that will be around for 10 years. A guy we can build around. There are a million 6 foot something guys that can shoot the ball. Only 1 7 foot 4 guy out there. If the Piston's don't get him I wish him on the Knicks. Maybe he can turn that team around. Because NY is a great market. Like LA. It's crazy NY sucks so many years. Spike Lee doesn't even go to the games anymore. Sad I wonder if Tracy Morgan still goes. LOL.

a4a01dd7-9e70-4cd8-afd4-b2b51f6cd4da-MSUPUR_011623_kd_3838.jpg
Did you like this 7'5 guy?

1679255371641.jpeg

Forum List

Back