Shocking

"I want to come back and I want to go to war with them, but at the end of the day I have to make the best decision for me," said Edey, the Big Ten Player of the Year and a consensus All-American. "I have no idea how long my career is going to last. I have no idea what’s going to happen in my future."
Apparently Edey needs to work on his "other" basketball skills. Especially if he want to have an NBA career. FDU looked at game film and figured out ways to beat him.

I just realized the supposed best player in college baskeball is on this team. He is expected to go 1st pick in the draft. I wonder if this loss changes anything. Will he stay another year? Will he go down in the draft?

I would LOVE for the Pistons to get him. We need a generational center.
He is nowhere near the top of the draft boards.
Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 12.59.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 1.03.24 PM.png

He is nowhere near the top of the draft boards.
View attachment 767328

View attachment 767329
Maybe I'm thinking about this guy

1PistonsVictor WembanyamaC – Metropolitans (France) – HT: 7-4 – WT: 230 – WING: 8-0 – Int.04 – It’s hard to overstate just how impressive of a prospect Wemby is. He’s the best prospect in a decade and one of the best prospects in the history of this game.

They say better than Durant. OMG if the Piston's get someone that good. Are we for sure getting the first pick?

Weaknesses
Victor is obviously very skinny and lacking strength. He’ll always have a skinny frame but will surely fill out as he grows up.

There’s not an area of his game that he’s really lacking skill or ability – he just needs to keep refining his skills, decision making and work on his strength/frame.

Maybe I'm thinking about this guy

1PistonsVictor WembanyamaC – Metropolitans (France) – HT: 7-4 – WT: 230 – WING: 8-0 – Int.04 – It’s hard to overstate just how impressive of a prospect Wemby is. He’s the best prospect in a decade and one of the best prospects in the history of this game.

They say better than Durant. OMG if the Piston's get someone that good. Are we for sure getting the first pick?

Yup, that's the guy everyone has as Consensus #1 Pick.

Yup, that's the guy everyone has as Consensus #1 Pick.
I'm reading somewhere else that the Piston's will get the 3rd pick not the first. San Antonio and Houston pick before us? They say we will get Brandon Miller. He looks pretty good. Maybe he will fit well with Cade Cunningham.

Cade must be hurt. Here's our starting 5

• K. Hayes , PG #7.
  • J. Ivey , SG #23.
  • B. Bogdanovic , SF #44.
  • I. Stewart , PF #28.
  • J. Duren , C #0.
I don't know who's good and who's not on the Piston's. I just know it's not good. Maybe if we have Cade back and Brandon Miller is as good as they say he is, maybe we will have something?

I'm reading somewhere else that the Piston's will get the 3rd pick not the first. San Antonio and Houston pick before us? They say we will get Brandon Miller. He looks pretty good. Maybe he will fit well with Cade Cunningham.

Cade must be hurt. Here's our starting 5

• K. Hayes , PG #7.
  • J. Ivey , SG #23.
  • B. Bogdanovic , SF #44.
  • I. Stewart , PF #28.
  • J. Duren , C #0.
I don't know who's good and who's not on the Piston's. I just know it's not good. Maybe if we have Cade back and Brandon Miller is as good as they say he is, maybe we will have something?

I found this

The Detroit Pistons are building their future around two dynamic guards in Cade Cunningham and Jaden Ivey.

So Cade, Jaden and Brandon takes over for Bogdanovic

Anyone who has watched Edey play, knows why there is tepid response from the NBA.
Edey is not Shaq, is not Ewing, he is not Robinson or Chamberlain. All of the memorable 7 footers were all athletic. Edey is clumsy, slow and only moderately competitive.
Defensively he is at least as much of a liability as a benefit. He is too dang slow.

Watch this video of Indiana beating Purdue... watch Edey.

It's this guy I was talking about

Wembanyama is unlike any prospect who has ever existed and will go No. 1 in this draft regardless of which team picks first. It's impossible to overstate the upside of a 7-foot-4 center who rim-protects like a Defensive Player of the Year candidate and creates offense on the other end like a future MVP.

1679262299617.jpeg

I think the general rule here is: being 7 ft + doesn’t mean you’ll be good at basketball, but if you want to play.. and are willing to put in work.. pretty much every team will take you on and give you every chance until you’re a proven failure.. or, even if you admittedly stink at the skill portion of the game, they’ll keep you on the end of the bench for specific late game situations

If I’m a basketball coach at a high school and I see a 7ft Freshman walking around in the hallways.. I’m going to introduce myself and ask a question it two…

It’s kind of like being a left handed pitcher in baseball. A natural difference gives you extra attention, regardless if it’s “fair” or not

Last edited:
I think the general rule here is: being 7 ft + doesn’t mean you’ll be good at basketball, but if you want to play.. and are willing to put in work.. pretty much every team will take you on and give you every chance until you’re a proven failure.. or, even if you admittedly stink at the skill portion of the game, they’ll keep you on the end of the bench for specific late game situations

If I’m a basketball coach at a high school and I see a 7ft Freshman walking around in the hallways.. I’m going to introduce myself and ask a question it two…

It’s kind of like being a left handed pitcher in baseball. A natural difference gives you extra attention, regardless if it’s “fair” or not

That's so funny. That's how I made the baseball team. Left handed pitcher. LOL.

Dude, this guy, they say, is that damn good. I can't wait to see it.

Wembanyama has drawn comparisons to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Ralph Sampson. ESPN draft analyst Mike Schmitz compared his defensive impact to Rudy Gobert and his shooting potential to Kristaps Porziņģis, albeit with better ball-handling and passing skills. The Athletic described his game as a combination of Sampson, Porziņģis and Dirk Nowitzki. Wembanyama models parts of his game after Kevin Durant and Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Forum List

Back