Should Americans Boycott GE ?

Makes me nervous how much of America's real estate they are buying up.
The drug store Walgreens was bought up by a Asian company a few years back, and they are ripping it to shreds , people are leaving the store at least in my area because they make you wait in line for a long time. People will stay with you when the quality is there, once they see your milking it, they will leave.
I don't think this is even remotely close to being accurate.

Why would you say that when you don't have any idea what you are talking about.
I worked with a girl who was a scheduler for the Walgreens pharmacists in my area.

. China: Alliance Boots Completes Investment in Nanjing Pharmaceutical Company Limited | Walgreens Boots Alliance

The drug store Walgreens was bought up by a Asian company a few years back, and they are ripping it to shreds , people are leaving the store at least in my area because they make you wait in line for a long time. People will stay with you when the quality is there, once they see your milking it, they will leave.

I worked with a girl who was a scheduler for the Walgreens pharmacists in my area.

. China: Alliance Boots Completes Investment in Nanjing Pharmaceutical Company Limited | Walgreens Boots Alliance

Because you got it backwards? Walgreens owns part of a Chinese company.

Go look for links yourself, she is the walgreen's pharmacist scheduler for the SF bay, and knows mow than you do.

Go look for links yourself, she is the walgreen's pharmacist scheduler for the SF bay, and knows mow than you do.
I can look all day for links but won't find any as Walgreens isn't owned by the Chinese. It is still based out of Deerfield, IL like it has been for decades.

I can look all day for links but won't find any as Walgreens isn't owned by the Chinese. It is still based out of Deerfield, IL like it has been for decades.
Maybe it was a European sell, here is a link. She told me about a years ago, thing is we don't know who has high stocks in these companies..but anyway it was sold and they are cutting back to make more money. People are filling their prescriptions elsewhere.
Walgreen, Madison Dearborn to grow infusion business as separate company - Chicago

Should Americans Boycott GE ?
China's Haier buys General Electric's appliance unit for $5.4 billion

So is China going to make Americans bow to them for work?
Will they turn Americans into their own version of Hop Sing or Peter Tong?
Hop Sing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sammee Tong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
LIve by the sword, die by the sword, has turned into live by the free market, die by the free market

If you call this dying..... highest standard of living in the world... where our poor people live better than the middle class of 90% of the world.... where $31,000, the wage of two people working McDonalds, places you in the top 1% of wage earners on the planet.......... if that's dying by the free-market... then more death please. I'd like another serving.
That's not what I said at all. Would you tell us what you think about China buying GE?

Don't care. Why would that matter? I was just a high school student in the 90s, and I can still remember to this day, the freak out session everyone had about the Japanese coming to buy up all the companies in the US. They were opening hotels, and restaurants, buying large tracts of land, and that is not including all the manufacturing Honda, Toyota, Hitachi, so on.

Everyone was going bonkers "the Japanese are taking over the economy!".... while they are investing, creating jobs, building, and growing the economy.

Then the "Lost Decade" hit Japan where protectionism, and tariffs killed their economy, and suddenly all these same places came up for sale, and now all the hysteria over the Japanese owning the country is a distant memory.

But now the new boogieman is here, and the Chinese are coming, and they are going to own the whole economy, and we're all doomed!

The only reason America's economy will be demolished, is if we allow our government to regulated, tax, and socialize ourselves into oblivion. The only ones that screw us over, is ourselves with bad policy in the name of "Hope and Change".

So, to answer your question again... I have no opinion of a Chinese company buying part of GE. If the Chinese want to invest billions into the US, that is generally a good thing.

Ya know.... I bought GE microwave when we remodeled the kitchen and it died within 2 years. At first I thought it had gotten damaged by warm/cold exposure because we'd stored all the cabinetry and appliances in the garage while the kitchen was being stripped (ended up having to take it all the way to the studs cause we moved everything, the wiring was... questionable, and insulation was bad.) However, it turns out that's the "norm" for GE microwave's, the what's-it magnetron thing lasts like 2-3 years... I'm so pissed because the microwave is completely integrated into the cabinets and I'll actually have to take off the moldings around it in order to get it out to get the magnetron thing replaced - I'm not doing that every few years wth?!? They can't even put in a different magnetron that lasts longer cause the damn things priority. >.< We had our last Kenmore nuker for like 15 years; only sent it off with the eldest because the GE one fit my kitchen design... Now I've got a POS microwave on the counter because I can't find a new one that fits in the custom sized hole and fits my design, been looking for like a year :(

I will /never/ buy another GE appliance, ever. :cranky:

I doubt you actually have a "GE" microwave...you probably have a microwave built by another company that paid GE to slap their name on it.

My 30+ year old Litton still works perfectly and I have no plans to replace it.

Figures...GE is a major supporter of the Democratic party. They would be than happy to se American jobs to China.

Didn't GE Appliances sell out to Electrolux a year or so ago? Prob. because they suck at making microwaves :p

Electrolux bought Frigidaire. I think that's what you are referring to. Which is a Swedish company I believe.

Figures...GE is a major supporter of the Democratic party. They would be than happy to se American jobs to China.

I'm not a big fan of GE, because they routinely lobby and horse trade in D.C. That said, just because they are purchased by a foreign company, has nothing to do with whether they off shore jobs. Frigidaire which was bought out by a Swiss company, still makes domestic products, and opened a plant in Memphis in 2013. Non-Union of course, but Electrolux could have easily built the products elsewhere, and shipped them to the US.

Being foriegn owned does not automagically mean they will close down and move somewhere else,

It looks like GE's political contributions to candidates in 2014 was about a 60/40 split in favor of Republicans. Most large corporation base their contribution, not on party political philosophies but rather how individual candidate stands on issues the cooperation views as important to their business. In other words, most big companies could care less whether Democrats or Republicans win as long as the issues they support coincide with their interest.

Forum List

Back