Should Biden and Trump debate?

Provide a candidate worth voting for. But you shall fail....miserably. You have nothing to stand on but lesser of 2 evils which simply doesn't cut it.

All true. Come September, I think the voters will want to see a debate. I think there will be one. But you’re right that there will be a lot of maneuvering until one or the other sees the writing on the wall and determines they have to debate because of falling poll numbers.

If you don't know their positions on any subject you shouldn't be voting.

Hint.
They are diametrically opposed on every subject.

If you can't debate your opponent that you're running for president against then you aren't qualified to be the president as far as I am concerned.

When it comes down to two candidates they owe it to the American people to debate to let everyone see who their choice is. And if you can't debate you should forfeit the election because if you can't even do a debate against one person you are not capable of being a president.

“In a typical election year, we would be seven months away from the first presidential debate of the parties’ nominees. A date and location is already penciled in: Sept. 16 at Texas State University in San Marcos. The campaign teams of President Joe Biden and his predecessor, Donald Trump, would likely schedule days of prep away from the trail, and plan to frame the outcome as a win for their side, and an abject failure for the other.…

….now we appear to be heading to a game of debate chicken, where neither of the likely candidates appears ready to state whether they are even willing to step on the same stage with their opponent later this year.

A spokeswoman for Biden’s campaign said headquarters would have no comment about the debate schedule or have anything to add to this piece with fingerprints attached. Two spokespeople for Trump’s efforts didn’t even acknowledge the question. At other times, when asked directly about the debates, top officials dodged the issue as being premature given neither candidate is yet the official nominee.”

I personally hope they debate. If and when they do debate both sides will be holding their breaths given that both candidates are prone to gaffs and lapses. I would not be surprised if neither decides to debate though. Trump avoided all debates during the primaries and Biden hasn’t debated since 2020.

What say you?
tRump hasn't even secured the nomination yet.

Give it time.

Don‘t you think that degree of incompetence and ineptitude should be revealed to the American voter?
(1) Good morning.

(2) I just feel that the American people by now already know what the two presumed candidates are like.

(3) So there is no use humiliating them further by staging a "debate."

(4) Besides, most people have already made up their minds.

(5) And I presume that the advisers of one of them will NOT allow him to "debate" anyway. They know it would probably cost him the election.

Have a nice weekend.

(1) Good morning.

(2) I just feel that the American people by now already know what the two presumed candidates are like.

(3) So there is no use humiliating them further by staging a "debate."

(4) Besides, most people have already made up their minds.

(5) And I presume that the advisers of one of them will NOT allow him to "debate" anyway. They know it would probably cost him the election.

Have a nice weekend.
Good morning to you, as well.

Your last point explains why we need a debate: that having one will cost him the election. IOW, if people see how REALLY demented he is, enough of them will not vote for him and Trump will win.

So I stand with my earlier post: it is telling that the only chance Biden has of winning is to hide just how inept and incompetent he is - and that is the very reason we need to do it. (That‘s like saying the only way I can win a job is by refusing to interview with the hiring manager, lest they see how unqualified I am!)

After all, what is more important: to keep Biden from being humiliated on stage, or to have a president who isn’t senile?

1706881687839.png

Like republicans haven't already done that the last few times?
This election cycle there were possibly three Republican candidates who were possible candidates to voters. Trump, DeSantis and Ramaswamy. All need to vetted of course if the candidate for what they will do if elected. Those three had the greatest chance. Even if more were entered. In that past the Republican establishment would run those who said they were conservative against others who said it to knock them out and out in their left leaning RINO neo cons.

Trump calls for immediate debate. Biden says he's not leaving his basement....

Very short video of both of them in their own words...

“I’d like to debate him now because we should debate,” said the former president, who is the front-runner for the Republican Party’s presidential nomination. “We should debate for the good of the country.”

Biden dismissed the idea.

“Well, if I were him, I’d want to debate me too,” Biden told reporters at a boba shop in Las Vegas when asked about Trump’s challenge. “He’s got nothing else to do,” Biden added.

This election cycle there were possibly three Republican candidates who were possible candidates to voters. Trump, DeSantis and Ramaswamy. All need to vetted of course if the candidate for what they will do if elected. Those three had the greatest chance. Even if more were entered. In that past the Republican establishment would run those who said they were conservative against others who said it to knock them out and out in their left leaning RINO neo cons.
Nikki Haley begs to differ

Forum List

Back