Should Biden and Trump debate?

Watched all...

Big fat nothing...

Harris numbers aren't good, so what?
It wasn't just that Harris's numbers are bad....it's that Biden has dementia and much of his team is incompetent.
And they don't believe that they can replace him!
That's the problem!

3 debates will be scheduled through the CPD. Biden will show up for those. The RNC has said their boy won’t. I think El Blob-o shows up for the first one. The next 2? Probably not
I think it all depends on Trump’s poll numbers.

Of course, Trump said in the article you post that he would debate his primary opponent
if the Republican nomination came down to a two person race. I don’t that debate happening.
He said a serious candidate. No one takes Haley seriously at this point.

It wasn't just that Harris's numbers are bad....it's that Biden has dementia and much of his team is incompetent.
And they don't believe that they can replace him!
That's the problem!
Didn't say that...

Said 'slowing down', this is a cybersecurity expert explaining stuff, I work in IT and have you tried explaining IT to anyone above 70?

He would still say Biden is better than a guy who though he could direct a hurricane with a sharpie...

“In a typical election year, we would be seven months away from the first presidential debate of the parties’ nominees. A date and location is already penciled in: Sept. 16 at Texas State University in San Marcos. The campaign teams of President Joe Biden and his predecessor, Donald Trump, would likely schedule days of prep away from the trail, and plan to frame the outcome as a win for their side, and an abject failure for the other.…

….now we appear to be heading to a game of debate chicken, where neither of the likely candidates appears ready to state whether they are even willing to step on the same stage with their opponent later this year.

A spokeswoman for Biden’s campaign said headquarters would have no comment about the debate schedule or have anything to add to this piece with fingerprints attached. Two spokespeople for Trump’s efforts didn’t even acknowledge the question. At other times, when asked directly about the debates, top officials dodged the issue as being premature given neither candidate is yet the official nominee.”

I personally hope they debate. If and when they do debate both sides will be holding their breaths given that both candidates are prone to gaffs and lapses. I would not be surprised if neither decides to debate though. Trump avoided all debates during the primaries and Biden hasn’t debated since 2020.

What say you?
Initially I said no, because if Trump didn’t want to debate the other Republicans, I thought Biden should refuse. Now, I think it would be a good test of who’s really losing their marbles.

#COGNITIVEDECLINE

Initially I said no, because if Trump didn’t want to debate the other Republicans, I thought Biden should refuse to debate him. Now I think it would be the real test of who’s losing their marbles.

#COGNITIVEDECLINE
Now that could be true! Don't get me wrong, I think Biden is doing a fine job, for the most part, but I can see the debate turning into some kind of old man food fight.

Last edited:
Yes, Trump and Biden should have a televised debate. Put them in a room that has a signal jammer so that no electronic devices can give them answers, neither can have ear pieces, screens to read from, no advanced questions given to them, no personal aide in the room, etc. Make it be just those 2 and the person asking the questions.

Yes, Trump and Biden should have a televised debate. Put them in a room that has a signal jammer so that no electronic devices can give them answers, neither can have ear pieces, screens to read from, no advanced questions given to them, no personal aide in the room, etc. Make it be just those 2 and the person asking the questions.
ANNNNNDDDD

hook them up to an electro shock system. if you dont answer the actual question you were asked.....SHOCK.

give them a timer on the answer of 90 seconds. if you go beyond the 90 seconds......SHOCK

within 5 minutes Biden will have shit himself........and Trump may be unconscious.

You can't trust a politician from talking to a camera. Every candidate since Millard Fillmore has promised a chicken in every pot, and see where we are today. If you really think either of them will sway your mind for that sacred vote you need to take another hit.

Of course they should debate, or should Americans just let the media decide for them who to vote for?
In this instance many of the lines are clearly drawn between Trump/GOP and Biden/Democrat. This debate wouldn’t be as necessary as previous ones.. but I’d still prefer it. However, it’d just give Biden more opportunities to say X and then do nothing about or act against X.

“In a typical election year, we would be seven months away from the first presidential debate of the parties’ nominees. A date and location is already penciled in: Sept. 16 at Texas State University in San Marcos. The campaign teams of President Joe Biden and his predecessor, Donald Trump, would likely schedule days of prep away from the trail, and plan to frame the outcome as a win for their side, and an abject failure for the other.…

….now we appear to be heading to a game of debate chicken, where neither of the likely candidates appears ready to state whether they are even willing to step on the same stage with their opponent later this year.

A spokeswoman for Biden’s campaign said headquarters would have no comment about the debate schedule or have anything to add to this piece with fingerprints attached. Two spokespeople for Trump’s efforts didn’t even acknowledge the question. At other times, when asked directly about the debates, top officials dodged the issue as being premature given neither candidate is yet the official nominee.”

I personally hope they debate. If and when they do debate both sides will be holding their breaths given that both candidates are prone to gaffs and lapses. I would not be surprised if neither decides to debate though. Trump avoided all debates during the primaries and Biden hasn’t debated since 2020.

What say you?

It depends....

Would the debate take place in Trump's jail cell, or would they let Trump have a PC so they could debate via some video conferencing software?

Forum List

Back