Should public schools be mandated to teach the Bible?

Should public schools be mandated to teach the Bible?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
But they are being forced to read your religious text. And only your religious text.

I've got a better idea. Keep your religion out of the curriculum.

You can teach kids about history without forcing them to read your scriptures.
I think it's safe to say that they figure this is their moment, and they're going for the whole pot.

They can look around the world, they can look throughout history, and they will absolutely ignore what a theocracy does to a country.

They're going to make inroads, at least at local levels. The question now is how far this goes. By people who are awful representatives of their religion.

I think it's safe to say that they figure this is their moment, and they're going for the whole pot.

They can look around the world, they can look throughout history, and they will absolutely ignore what a theocracy does to a country.

They're going to make inroads, at least at local levels. The question now is how far this goes. By people who are awful representatives of their religion.

Of course Mac ignores the fact that me, a Trump voter, does not endorse any of this.

Who's "they" Mac? Are they in the room with you?

Furthermore, Christianity has played possibly the largest role in shaping the western civilized world. From our moral foundation the way we set up our criminal justice system for example, things like mercy and forgiveness or charity.

Obviously the Eastern world was largely affected and influenced by religions like Islam and Hinduism along with Buddhism. It so happens that the western world has largely been shaped by Christianity.

Its interesting that the number one destination for all immigrants and refugees of the world if they could choose…. is the Christian majority USA. Again the United States is not a theocracy. … also perhaps the greatest middle-class to ever exist in world history occurred in the post World War II era in the United States…. And in the 1940s and 1950s Christianity was even more influential in our society compared to you today.

Harry Potter is pretty influential but I don't want schools forced to teach it either.

Furthermore, Christianity has played possibly the largest role in shaping the western civilized world. From our moral foundation the way we set up our criminal justice system for example, things like mercy and forgiveness or charity.

Obviously the Eastern world was largely affected and influenced by religions like Islam and Hinduism along with Buddhism. It so happens that the western world has largely been shaped by Christianity.

Its interesting that the number one destination for all immigrants and refugees of the world if they could choose…. is the Christian majority USA. Again the United States is not a theocracy. … also perhaps the greatest middle-class to ever exist in world history occurred in the post World War II era in the United States…. And in the 1940s and 1950s Christianity was even more influential in our society compared to you today.
Teaching "the bible" is not the same as addressing the fact
that the majority of people in the USA and the founders are
and were christian. It is not even clear to me as to what
"teaching the bible" means----something like Sunday school?

Wanted to see what the members of the US message or thought about this issue.

I vote yes because the USA is a Christian majority country and Christianity has profoundly affected our country. And this is not the same thing as forcing somebody to become a Christian. None of the students are being forced to become Christian. They are some being taught about a religion, which is a major part of American history.
It’s in many areas of life. It is truly a part of the US culture, even though we are technically not at theocracy.

And here’s a critical point that some folks who are reactionaries will not get to or will not have read this far. I would say the same thing in a Muslim majority country or Jewish majority country..meaning if they mandated teaching about the Islamic religion or Jewish religion at public schools… I would not oppose it. This is the response to those who will say “well why not teach about Satanism or something like that in public schools”
yes, the bible should be taught in any 3rd grade class in greek or latin or aramaic .

the 4th grade history might be the hellenistic era and ptolemaic egypt as seen in the books of macabees.

maybe the "song of solomon" as poetry. i like that. groom the children towards pederasty or concubinage.....

Wanted to see what the members of the US message or thought about this issue.

I vote yes because the USA is a Christian majority country and Christianity has profoundly affected our country. And this is not the same thing as forcing somebody to become a Christian. None of the students are being forced to become Christian. They are some being taught about a religion, which is a major part of American history.
It’s in many areas of life. It is truly a part of the US culture, even though we are technically not at theocracy.

And here’s a critical point that some folks who are reactionaries will not get to or will not have read this far. I would say the same thing in a Muslim majority country or Jewish majority country..meaning if they mandated teaching about the Islamic religion or Jewish religion at public schools… I would not oppose it. This is the response to those who will say “well why not teach about Satanism or something like that in public schools”
Ironically, that is how schools in the US started out as many only had the Bible to read.

And it makes sense considering that most religions in the world are based upon the Bible. It is the culture from which American came, much like kids in the Middle East read the Koran.

But the Left hates the culture that sprung from the Bible because Leftism is a religion whose most ardent competitor is the Bible.

Ironically, that is how schools in the US started out as many only had the Bible to read.

And it makes sense considering that most religions in the world are based upon the Bible. It is the culture from which American came, much like kids in the Middle East read the Koran.

But the Left hates the culture that sprung from the Bible because Leftism is a religion whose most ardent competitor is the Bible.
what is "the culture that sprung from the bible"? Three
hundred years ago in North America----there were very
few books available to anyone----a bible was most commonly
available and often the only "text" available from which to
learn to read. We have come a long way. PS. your
statement "most religions in the world are based on "the bible" " is ---kinda dumb

what is "the culture that sprung from the bible"? Three
hundred years ago in North America----there were very
few books available to anyone----a bible was most commonly
available and often the only "text" available from which to
learn to read. We have come a long way. PS. your
statement "most religions in the world are based on "the bible" " is ---kinda dumb
You man not have been taught this in school, but America was founded first by people looking for religious freedom, like the Pilgrims.

Then came Jamestown which was England's foothold to take over the entire continent. Just know that England had it's own official state church as well. From Jamestown, which was later moved to Williamsburg, came the first 6 US Presidents.

So, from this culture came the Founding Fathers, specifically from England.

As for most religions being based in the Bible, the two main world religions are Christianity and Islam, and within those two a myriads of various sects. Add to that Judaism.

Those are just the facts Jack.

You man not have been taught this in school, but America was founded first by people looking for religious freedom, like the Pilgrims.

Then came Jamestown which was England's foothold to take over the entire continent. Just know that England had it's own official state church as well. From Jamestown, which was later moved to Williamsburg, came the first 6 US Presidents.

As for most religions being based in the Bible, the two main world religions are Christianity and Islam, and within those two a myriads of various sects. Add to that Judaism.

"two main religions" and "most religions" IS TWO DIFFERENT
facts, jack. As to the religious leanings of the earliest founders
of today's USA----well---it's anglicanism with a shift to the
"deist" invention. SO? It's Anglicanism because Henry VIII
was prevented from divorcing his erstwhile barren wife--Catherine
by the Catholic pope. Is that the history that turns you on?
Religious freedom to our early founders meant---get away from
Cromwell or from the Pope or from Catholic Monarchs ---lets'
be quakers and get away from anglican monarchs. ---the protagonists in "the bible" were not Episcopalians ("my religion"?
"episcopalian----don't ask me to spell it")

"two main religions" and "most religions" IS TWO DIFFERENT
facts, jack. As to the religious leanings of the earliest founders
of today's USA----well---it's anglicanism with a shift to the
"deist" invention. SO? It's Anglicanism because Henry VIII
was prevented from divorcing his erstwhile barren wife--Catherine
by the Catholic pope. Is that the history that turns you on?
Religious freedom to our early founders meant---get away from
Cromwell or from the Pope or from Catholic Monarchs ---lets'
be quakers and get away from anglican monarchs. ---the protagonists in "the bible" were not Episcopalians ("my religion"?
"episcopalian----don't ask me to spell it")
Geez, learn how to type.

Teaching "the bible" is not the same as addressing the fact
that the majority of people in the USA and the founders are
and were christian. It is not even clear to me as to what
"teaching the bible" means----something like Sunday school?

I think you can address the fact that the majority of the people in the US are Christians and that the founders were Christians without forcing kids to read Christian scriptures as part of State mandated Bible Study.

Judaism preceded both Christianity and Islam. The first 5 books of the Bible are the Hebrew Torah. Which is just odd.

It would be like some Buddhist just shoehorning in the Bhagavad Gita, claiming that Siddhartha Gautama was actually another avatar of Vishnu. So all the killing and slaughter in the name of god in the Bhagavad Gita would then become part of the Buddhist text of non-violence. It would be fucking weird.

Yet, y'all did a similar number on Jesus.

Oddly shoehorning in the Jewish Torah and insisting that the man who preached to fishermen around the sea of Galilee of love, charity and taking care of the poor......was actually some avatar of Yahweh, who burned shit and ordered genocide in the the book of Exodus.

Weird, dude.

Last edited:
Judaism preceded both Christianity and Islam. The first 5 books of the Bible are the Hebrew Torah. Which is just odd.

It would be like some Buddhist just shoehorning in the Bhagavad Gita, claiming that Siddhartha Gautama was actually another avatar of Vishnu. So all the killing and slaughter in the name of god in the Bhagavad Gita would then become part of the Buddhist text of non-violence. It would be fucking weird.

Yet, y'all did a similar number on Jesus.

Oddly shoehorning in the Jewish Torah and insisting that the man who preached to fishermen around the sea of Galilee of love, charity and taking care of the poor......was actually some avatar of Yahweh, who burned shit and ordered genocide in the the book of Exodus.

Weird, dude.
that's ^^^^ the least of the problems

that's ^^^^ the least of the problems

Its kind of the core of the problem, in my opinion. Jesus was a fairly chill dude who spoke of love as the greatest commandment.

How do you go for that......to enslaving millions, raping, murdering, mutilating, systematic torture, wars in his name...and still be a 'good Christian'.

Why fold in the fucking Torah, that's how! Because Yahweh killed on a whim, ordered the slaughter of entire peoples down to their animals and babies in their cribs. He slaughtered first borns, he directly helped in wars of conquest by knocking down walls, and gave rules for slavery..

.....and justified all the slaughter and vile tyranny a 'good Christian' would ever want to inflict.

Last edited:
They should observe the 11th commandment:

11. Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself.

1720023574133.png

One thing about all this that I do not get, is why do these people want the public schools to do what is their job?

Are they not teaching their children about the bible?

Forum List

Back