Should public schools be mandated to teach the Bible?

Should public schools be mandated to teach the Bible?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Societies across the world are influenced by different religions and cultural practices. Perhaps you believe in the religion of Anthony Fauci, forcing people to wear a mask telling parents to put a mask on their two-year-old. Or the religion of radical atheism.

The Christian faith has played a role in building hospitals and teaching people to be nice to others. Many people across the world who decide to give the charity or help others say they do so, because they are motivated by the teachings of Jesus.

And many people also decided to make interracial marriage illegal motivated by your Bible. To enslave other people. To engage in systematic and brutal torture. To rape. To maim. To conquer.

You can't demand we judge Christianity by the behavior of Christians....and then ignore centuries of that behavior because it doesn't match your 'teaching people to be nice to each other' narrative.

Worse, if your faith were genuinely about 'teaching people to be nice to each other', you wouldn't have to FORCE people to consume your scripture. There's nothing nice about force feeding your religion to the unwilling.

It certainly is true that an element of the radical left-wing is sympathetic toward non-Christians.

I don’t get it. It doesn’t make much sense. Because much of the refugees coming from Central and southern America are developed Christians.

The majority of the USA is Christian. Christianity is still a big part of life of the American people. I just don’t understand the radical left-wing atheists. These are not the same thing as non-radical atheists. But the radical left atheists apparently don’t believe in respecting traditions or the majority culture of the country they are living in. That doesn’t make sense if they were over in a country like Thailand hopefully they respect Buddhism.
Two words: Cultural Marxism. Look up a guy named Antonio Gramsci. He was an Italian communist who differed with Marx. Gramsci knew economic Marxism would fail because people like to have stuff. No one wants to wait in line all day for a potato.

Gramsci advanced the idea to backdoor economic Marxism. His idea was to infiltrate institutions: schools, media, sports, business, etc. Gramsci believed that the old guard had to be comprehensively destroyed to implement Marxism. You had to do it gradually and most of the populace would be unwitting accomplices.

Gramsci is why you see things today like choose-your-pronoun, transsexualism, social media censorship, climate alarmists, "happy holidays," MLK day replacing Easter as a day off, and the rest.

A lot of this is laid out in Gramsci's Prison Notebooks.

Last edited:
Societies across the world are influenced by different religions and cultural practices. Perhaps you believe in the religion of Anthony Fauci, forcing people to wear a mask telling parents to put a mask on their two-year-old. Or the religion of radical atheism.

The Christian faith has played a role in building hospitals and teaching people to be nice to others. Many people across the world who decide to give the charity or help others say they do so, because they are motivated by the teachings of Jesus.

I guess you haven't read about my opinions on Covid, huh? Okay

I'm not going to address every single sentence of every single post. That's an unrealistic expectation to have of anyone.

And I've addressed many of your points specifically. I'm citing the notable Christians you've cited.

Shall we take a look at the life of Christopher Columbus? His murders, his tyranny, his enslavement of people? His petty tenure as a govenor?

If we are to judge Christianity by the behavior of Christians.....you can't ignore centuries of the most brutal tyranny justified by your faith.

Nor can you just gloss over centuries of slavery that Christian pastors and Christian churches across the south used the Bible to excuse.

These are all as much the product of your faith as those nice ladies in Africa.
Again, applies to all religions.

This is kind of what I’m talking about. I would’ve thought you were a left-wing type of person at least it seems like that based on all of your postings. So like me, you respect, different religions and cultural systems of our world yes? Including Islam?

Respecting Islam doesn't mean FORCING people to consume its scripture. Respecting Christianity doesn't mean FORCING people to consume its scripture.

Its the coercion, the force where your argument breaks. IT doesn't matter what they do in Saudi Arabia. We aren't Saudi Arabia. We don't need to be more like them. And their actions in no way justify you FORCING people to consume your scriptures against their will.

There’s bad people in every country. There’s bad atheists, bad Muslims, bad Christians. But there’s good everywhere too.

There were literal centuries where 'good Christians' justified slavery, rape, torture, murder and mutilation. These weren't aberrations. These weren't exceptions. This was centuries of the expression of your faith and a product of what Christianity can produce.

Why would we FORCE people to consume that against their will?

That you think it is right and true to FORCE people to read your scriptures demonstrates the very behavior that has caused your faith to dwindle in the US, and pushed more people away from Christianity.

I’m no longer responding to this point of yours of “forcing Christianity”. Nobody is being forced to become Christian in the USA. Teaching somebody about the Bible is entirely different from threatening them with a jail sentence for example for not converting to Christianity.

I've been very specific on what you're forcing: "your heart's desire is to FORCE people to consume your scriptures. FORCE them to read your Bible."

You will no longer respond to it as its indefensible. Its contrary to the very concept of freedom and liberty. And its an elegant demonstration of the very behavior that has pushed people away from your faith. You have no choice but to run from your own position.

Even now, you demonstrate why Christianity is dwindling. As you believe it right and true to FORCE people to consume your scriptures.

Its neither right nor true. And demonstrates a profound lack of faith.

There were literal centuries where 'good Christians' justified slavery, rape, torture, murder and mutilation. These weren't aberrations. These weren't exceptions. This was centuries of the expression of your faith and a product of what Christianity can produce.

The broad point is that through history and across nations, Christianity breeds a more humane environment than non-Christian nations.

To the rest: this ain't heaven yet.

But they are being forced to read your religious text. And only your religious text.

I've got a better idea. Keep your religion out of the curriculum.

You can teach kids about history without forcing them to read your scriptures.
You want the gay books in grade school libraries and that’s your religious text.

Luckily for us the nation was built on Christianity and the Bible.

The broad point is that through history and across nations, Christianity breeds a more humane environment than non-Christian nations.

To the rest: this ain't heaven yet.

Does it, though? Crusades, industrial levels of slavery, inquisitions, lynching, torture, rape, mutilation, the most vile tyrannies imaginable.

All defended violently by Christians. All carefully cultivated, all justified by your Bible.

The more fervent our nation's faith in Christianity, the more brazen and brutal its people. The less fervent, the more gentle. The more humane.

Remember, under the Founders, the punishment for homosexuality was death. Slavery was perfectly justified to a 'good Christian'.

You want the gay books in grade school libraries and that’s your religious text.

Luckily for us the nation was built on Christianity and the Bible.

Christians....that killed gay people for homosexuality. And the Bible that they used to justify it.

Yeah, no thank you. If the Bible were that useful, you wouldn't need to force people to read it.

In order for that to work school choice has to come first.
So your solution on 'school choice' is to strip public school kids of any choice on reading the Bible, and FORCE them to do it?

I don't think 'choice' means what you think it means.

Does it, though? Crusades, industrial levels of slavery, inquisitions, lynching, torture, rape, mutilation, the most vile tyrannies imaginable.

All defended violently by Christians. All carefully cultivated, all justified by your Bible.

Wow! The Bible justifies:

The Crusades
"industrial level of slavery"
Inquisitions
Lynching (?!)
Torture
Rape (!?)
Mutilation

You want to give some citations for that or are you just mad and ranting?

So your solution on 'school choice' is to strip public school kids of any choice on reading the Bible, and FORCE them to do it?

I don't think 'choice' means what you think it means.
I don’t think you do. In order for choice it has to be an option. Without that option you don’t have a true choice.

Christians....that killed gay people for homosexuality. And the Bible that they used to justify it.

Here are the 10 countries where homosexuality may be punished by death​

Nigeria
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Iran
Sudan
Somalia
Afghanisan
United Arab Emirates
Yemen
Mauritania

imrs.php

Wow! The Bible justifies:

The Crusades
"industrial level of slavery"
Inquisitions
Lynching (?!)
Torture
Rape (!?)
Mutilation

You want to give some citations for that or are you just mad and ranting?

So the crusades were NOT religiously motivated? Southern Christians did NOT cite the Bible and its proscriptions on slavery? The Klan didn't wear Christian crosses when they lynched? And the whipping of slaves WASN'T torture?

And don't get me started on the Amalekites.

Again, we have centuries up centuries of 'good Christians' using their faith to justify all manner of atrocity. If the Bible is a recipe for Christianity.....it produced horror for millions.

Let folks choose if they want to read it. Don't force feed your Bible on the unwilling.

Forum List

Back