Should Billionaires Even Exist?

That's what I just said, but you leftists always claim that industry should pay more for it than others. That was my point.

The more you benefit from government financed infrastructure and the more you are able to pay, then it makes perfect sense and ethics for you pay more.

For example, it makes no sense for poor people who never fly, to have to contibute to a new and expensive airport they will never use.
Trucks should pay more for the advantage of better highways, and the wear and tear they cause.
But poor people forced to commute longer distances in order to find affordable housing, should not be forced to pay more for the fact they have long commutes they do not desire.
They live here and they vote. Reason enough to pay tax. Besides ,nobody is stopping poor folks from becoming rich except their own laziness.

That is not at all true.
It is impossible to make money without first having money.
If you can't afford $150k tuition, you can't get the needed degree.
If you can't afford the $500k start up collateral, you can't start a business.
If you do not have the $40k down payment, you can't buy even a modest home and are stuck paying rent possibly forever.

That's utter bull. The beverage store I go to is owned by a guy from India. He came here with a few bucks in his pocket and never went to college. He worked night and day until he saved enough money for his own beverage store. He was successful. So he used the profits to buy rental property, and he became a landlord as well. About six years ago, he bought a hotel in a small town by a truck stop, and he's now running all three.

Of course he doesn't do this all himself, his wife basically runs the hotel, and they both work night and day. He had to hire several people to run the beverage store as he's helping his wife at the hotel because they can't find people to work.

So why can't people who are born here do the same thing? They can, but you would have to work night and day seven days a week like this couple.

the answer to "why can't" is simple. Because its easier to lay around, smoke pot, and collect welfare and food stamps.

Our system incentivizes laziness, kids out of wedlock, and fatherless homes. Liberalism will destroy this country if we let it.

Drugs are a huge problem in this country. I worked in industry, so I know. They can find workers, but not many that can pass a drug screen, so people work lower paying jobs that don't drug test.

Dock workers used to ask me all the time if I knew anybody in need of a job? Some of them paid pretty well for a non-skilled position. One place is a steel company. When he asked me if I knew anybody, I suggested the company put out ads. He said they do that all the time. They have seminars for the applicants; usually about a dozen or so people show up. When the HR person starts it off, she tells everybody up front about their drug policy, and those who can't pass a drug screen, they are only wasting their time by sticking around for the seminar. He said about eight or more people walk out of the room.

I laugh when people tell me pot is not addictive. If it's not addictive, why would anybody settle to work for much less money than quitting pot if it's not addictive?

The more you benefit from government financed infrastructure and the more you are able to pay, then it makes perfect sense and ethics for you pay more.

For example, it makes no sense for poor people who never fly, to have to contibute to a new and expensive airport they will never use.
Trucks should pay more for the advantage of better highways, and the wear and tear they cause.
But poor people forced to commute longer distances in order to find affordable housing, should not be forced to pay more for the fact they have long commutes they do not desire.
They live here and they vote. Reason enough to pay tax. Besides ,nobody is stopping poor folks from becoming rich except their own laziness.

That is not at all true.
If you do not have the $40k down payment, you can't buy even a modest home and are stuck paying rent possibly forever.

That's utter bull. The beverage store I go to is owned by a guy from India. He came here with a few bucks in his pocket and never went to college. He worked night and day until he saved enough money for his own beverage store. He was successful. So he used the profits to buy rental property, and he became a landlord as well. About six years ago, he bought a hotel in a small town by a truck stop, and he's now running all three.

Of course he doesn't do this all himself, his wife basically runs the hotel, and they both work night and day. He had to hire several people to run the beverage store as he's helping his wife at the hotel because they can't find people to work.

So why can't people who are born here do the same thing? They can, but you would have to work night and day seven days a week like this couple.

the answer to "why can't" is simple. Because its easier to lay around, smoke pot, and collect welfare and food stamps.

Our system incentivizes laziness, kids out of wedlock, and fatherless homes. Liberalism will destroy this country if we let it.

Drugs are a huge problem in this country.

But not a problem for government to solve. Not all social problems can be solved by government. Trying to legislate at them anyway (because "something must be done") makes things worse overall and creates bloated, overbearing government.

That is not at all true.

But not a problem for government to solve. Not all social problems can be solved by government. Trying to legislate at them anyway (because "something must be done") makes things worse overall and creates bloated, overbearing government.

I agree with that. The only point I'm making is that people who have problems with acquiring wealth or even a standard of living is many times self-inflicted. I don't think it's governments problem, I think it's the individuals problem in most cases. Granted, some people are just not intelligent enough to get a good paying job as Rigby indicated. For people who can't work, I have no problem with government helping them out, although I would be happier the state do it instead of the feds.

5e47f1881e000055009897dd.png

AGE OF IMPUNITY: THE ELITES ARE LOOTING AMERICA

Yes they are!

Watch how fast Zuckerberg and the rest of the billionaire community makes a politically hard-right turn if you leftist children actually gain significant momentum to seize their accounts.

Facebook would become the most libertarian website in history.

That's what I just said, but you leftists always claim that industry should pay more for it than others. That was my point.

That is not at all true.

Thanx ,LBJ. That "War on Poverty" really worked! (snicker)

Taxes, which is why you don't pay a toll when you leave your driveway, and more importantly for you, get a bill from the fire department for fire suppression when your meth lab explodes. ;-)
If so ,then all TAX should be EQUAL. Such as 15% for everyone. That includes the worthless poor.

Not going to happen. We wealthy pay much less than 15%.
Where in the F do you get your info???

The top 1% pay 37%
50% pay 97%
50% pay 3%

Where are all these made up facts from??? I see a lot of ass pulling facts here on this place.

Summary of the Latest Federal Income Tax Data, 2018 Update

WOW! So you think that the wealthy have to pay 37% individually to pay 37% of the total?
No. I say we need a flat TAX of 15%. And the POOR have to pay also.

Why would you want to increase your tax?

Not going to happen. We wealthy pay much less than 15%.

How much does your Nevada Corporation pay?

In federal tax, 1.5% of revenue.

Where did you read that Nevada Corporations pay taxes on revenue? Link?

{...
Nevada's tax structure is also a large benefit to incorporation in Nevada. Nevada has no franchise tax. It also has no corporate income tax or personal income tax.[1] While Nevada likes to promote that there are "no corporation taxes" in the state, there is an annual $200 "Business License Fee" which is paid to the Secretary of State's Office at the time of formation or renewal of the corporation. Nevada additionally applies a 1.475% tax rate for most General Business employers, as opposed to Financial Institutions, on wages after deduction of health benefits paid by the employer and certain wages paid to qualified veterans—that tax is equivalent to a personal income tax. However, the first $50,000 of gross wages is not taxable as a state tax however federal taxes do apply.[2] Nevada also imposes a "Commerce Tax" on businesses with Nevada gross revenue exceeding $4,000,000 within a taxable year.[3] Nevada and Texas are the only two states that do not have information sharing agreements with the Internal Revenue Service.[4] In addition there are,

• No state corporate income tax, franchise tax, personal income tax, or taxes on corporate shares
  • No IRS information-sharing agreement (although other states' incorporation laws often supersede Nevada law in certain cases)
  • Low annual fees and minimal reporting/disclosure requirements
  • Stockholders, directors, and officers are not public record, not required to reside or hold meetings in Nevada, and are not required to be US citizens
  • Directors not required to hold stock
  • Officers/directors are protected from personal liability for lawful acts of the corporation
  • Corporations may purchase, hold, sell, or transfer shares of its own stock
  • Corporations may issue stock for capital, services, personal property, or real estate, including leases and options
  • Directors may determine the value of any transactions; their decision is final once determined
...}

Nevada corporation - Wikipedia

However, that is only state taxes.
Federal taxes on corporations in Nevada are the same as everywhere.

{...
Federal corporate rate is 21%. Branch profits tax imposes additional 30% tax on foreign corporations engaged in US trade or business. Separate taxes levied at state and municipal levels.
...}

Weird, OnePercenter claimed they allowed him to pay low single digits on
his federal corporate taxes.

No. I stated that Nevada allows me to pay zero State taxes. By funneling my income through a corporation allows me to pay single digit federal taxes. That would be 3% of revenue before tRump, and 1.5% after tRumps corporate tax decrease. FYI, corporate debt is seen as a percentage of revenue.

Taxes, which is why you don't pay a toll when you leave your driveway, and more importantly for you, get a bill from the fire department for fire suppression when your meth lab explodes. ;-)

Everybody uses infrastructure. It's not one entities responsibility to fund most of it. People who drive cars use our infrastructure, people who ride bicycles, kids who get around on skate boards or roller skates, trucks who deliver and pickup products that pay a ton of road taxes.

As for businesses, besides their product or service, they create jobs. Where would we all work if there was nobody to do that?

Given the fact every single American uses infrastructure for one reason or another, everybody should pay equally.

Taxed based infrastructure make everyone's life easier and makes business possible.

Why aren't you rich?

It's the most expensive healthcare system in the world, and we don't live the longest....

Longevity is not a direct result of our healthcare system. We have drugs killing over 90,000 Americans a year now, and that's not including the thousands of murders that take place over drug sales in the streets. We drive more than most other people around the world, and we lose a lot of people in traffic accidents; 27,000 last year alone. Professional women have children much later in life than women in other countries. The later a woman gets pregnant, the more likely she is to lose the child after birth.
Not gonna dispute it's the most expensive eh? Pretty sure other countries have drugs and cars and all manner of ways to die too.

we are not the most expensive and we are the best. Would you rather pay 55% of your income to the government and have to wait months for routine care? Thats what they have in countries with socialized medicine, ask any Brit, Swede, or Canadian how the government run medicine works for them. It sucks.

We have the most expensive healthcare, and the 11th best.

Which countries have the best healthcare systems? | APRIL International

wow, a Bloomberg company did a survey. the countries at the top have very small populations, very little immigration, and very high taxes.

If you think thats a good way to live, move to Sweden or The Netherlands. Do it, and STFU with your inane criticisms of the best country in the history of the world.

Before Reagan deregulated the HMO Act we had low cost healthcare and were one of the best. Today, the corporate racketeers have taken over and we buy the most expensive healthcare in the world from the company store.

That is not at all true.

Drugs are a huge problem in this country. I worked in industry, so I know. They can find workers, but not many that can pass a drug screen, so people work lower paying jobs that don't drug test.

Dock workers used to ask me all the time if I knew anybody in need of a job? Some of them paid pretty well for a non-skilled position. One place is a steel company. When he asked me if I knew anybody, I suggested the company put out ads. He said they do that all the time. They have seminars for the applicants; usually about a dozen or so people show up. When the HR person starts it off, she tells everybody up front about their drug policy, and those who can't pass a drug screen, they are only wasting their time by sticking around for the seminar. He said about eight or more people walk out of the room.

I laugh when people tell me pot is not addictive. If it's not addictive, why would anybody settle to work for much less money than quitting pot if it's not addictive?

Limbaugh should be saying this each day on his show. He should know!

How much does your Nevada Corporation pay?

In federal tax, 1.5% of revenue.

Where did you read that Nevada Corporations pay taxes on revenue? Link?

{...
Nevada's tax structure is also a large benefit to incorporation in Nevada. Nevada has no franchise tax. It also has no corporate income tax or personal income tax.[1] While Nevada likes to promote that there are "no corporation taxes" in the state, there is an annual $200 "Business License Fee" which is paid to the Secretary of State's Office at the time of formation or renewal of the corporation. Nevada additionally applies a 1.475% tax rate for most General Business employers, as opposed to Financial Institutions, on wages after deduction of health benefits paid by the employer and certain wages paid to qualified veterans—that tax is equivalent to a personal income tax. However, the first $50,000 of gross wages is not taxable as a state tax however federal taxes do apply.[2] Nevada also imposes a "Commerce Tax" on businesses with Nevada gross revenue exceeding $4,000,000 within a taxable year.[3] Nevada and Texas are the only two states that do not have information sharing agreements with the Internal Revenue Service.[4] In addition there are,

• No state corporate income tax, franchise tax, personal income tax, or taxes on corporate shares
  • No IRS information-sharing agreement (although other states' incorporation laws often supersede Nevada law in certain cases)
  • Low annual fees and minimal reporting/disclosure requirements
  • Stockholders, directors, and officers are not public record, not required to reside or hold meetings in Nevada, and are not required to be US citizens
  • Directors not required to hold stock
  • Officers/directors are protected from personal liability for lawful acts of the corporation
  • Corporations may purchase, hold, sell, or transfer shares of its own stock
  • Corporations may issue stock for capital, services, personal property, or real estate, including leases and options
  • Directors may determine the value of any transactions; their decision is final once determined
...}

Nevada corporation - Wikipedia

However, that is only state taxes.

{...
Federal corporate rate is 21%. Branch profits tax imposes additional 30% tax on foreign corporations engaged in US trade or business. Separate taxes levied at state and municipal levels.
...}

Weird, OnePercenter claimed they allowed him to pay low single digits on
his federal corporate taxes.

No. I stated that Nevada allows me to pay zero State taxes. By funneling my income through a corporation allows me to pay single digit federal taxes. That would be 3% of revenue before tRump, and 1.5% after tRumps corporate tax decrease. FYI, corporate debt is seen as a percentage of revenue.

I stated that Nevada allows me to pay zero State taxes.

So you still have to pay the typical corporate tax to the Feds.

By funneling my income through a corporation allows me to pay single digit federal taxes.

You're lying. Corporations don't pay single digits to the Feds.

That would be 3% of revenue before tRump,

Corporations don't pay Federal corporate taxes based on their revenue.

FYI, corporate debt is seen as a percentage of revenue.

FYI, nobody cares.

That is not at all true.

Limbaugh has a fantastic paying job. The other druggies don't. That was the point.

Longevity is not a direct result of our healthcare system. We have drugs killing over 90,000 Americans a year now, and that's not including the thousands of murders that take place over drug sales in the streets. We drive more than most other people around the world, and we lose a lot of people in traffic accidents; 27,000 last year alone. Professional women have children much later in life than women in other countries. The later a woman gets pregnant, the more likely she is to lose the child after birth.
Not gonna dispute it's the most expensive eh? Pretty sure other countries have drugs and cars and all manner of ways to die too.

we are not the most expensive and we are the best. Would you rather pay 55% of your income to the government and have to wait months for routine care? Thats what they have in countries with socialized medicine, ask any Brit, Swede, or Canadian how the government run medicine works for them. It sucks.

wow, a Bloomberg company did a survey. the countries at the top have very small populations, very little immigration, and very high taxes.

If you think thats a good way to live, move to Sweden or The Netherlands. Do it, and STFU with your inane criticisms of the best country in the history of the world.

Before Reagan deregulated the HMO Act we had low cost healthcare and were one of the best. Today, the corporate racketeers have taken over and we buy the most expensive healthcare in the world from the company store.

somewhat true, but the escalation in prices began when we all decided that insurance companies should pay ALL of our medical expenses. When I was young medical insurance was "hospital" insurance, you paid everything out of pocket except when you had to go to a hospital for a serious condition or accident. insurance did not pay routine visits or prescriptions.

and somehow doctors and hospitals still made a lot of money in those days.

somewhat true, but the escalation in prices began when we all decided that insurance companies should pay ALL of our medical expenses. When I was young medical insurance was "hospital" insurance, you paid everything out of pocket except when you had to go to a hospital for a serious condition or accident. insurance did not pay routine visits or prescriptions.

Much like with house, renters, or auto insurance, your premiums reflect the cost of paying claims. Defensive medicine is a huge part why our insurance is so expensive, but even more are government programs such as Medicare and Medicaid.

Medicare used to pay the entire bill for their patients. As money began to run out, they kept cutting reimbursements. The loss providers had to suffer was made up by private insurance. Back then, you only seen one doctor in most cases. Unless it was something the doctor couldn't figure out, only then you went to a specialist.

Thanks to lawsuits, your family doctor is only a referral agent. Unless it's something routine, they send you to see specialists for every part of your body even though they can easily treat the problem. The specialist has to cover their ass too, so they send you for every test under the sun.

When you have three times more doctors and five times more tests than we needed years ago, that cost adds up. That was the difference between then and today.

That is not at all true.

Limbaugh has a fantastic paying job. The other druggies don't. That was the point.

The "other druggies?"

Prior to deregulation of the HMO Act insurance companies DID pay ALL of our medical expenses. Case in point; My children were born in 1979, 1981, 1983, insurance paid 100% with no out-of-pocket.

Today, not so much.

Much like with house, renters, or auto insurance, your premiums reflect the cost of paying claims. Defensive medicine is a huge part why our insurance is so expensive, but even more are government programs such as Medicare and Medicaid.

Medicare used to pay the entire bill for their patients. As money began to run out, they kept cutting reimbursements. The loss providers had to suffer was made up by private insurance. Back then, you only seen one doctor in most cases. Unless it was something the doctor couldn't figure out, only then you went to a specialist.

Thanks to lawsuits, your family doctor is only a referral agent. Unless it's something routine, they send you to see specialists for every part of your body even though they can easily treat the problem. The specialist has to cover their ass too, so they send you for every test under the sun.

When you have three times more doctors and five times more tests than we needed years ago, that cost adds up. That was the difference between then and today.

We had "defensive medicine" prior to the HMO Act being deregulated. Not at all expensive.

What has changed is health insurance companies own or derive profit from 95% of medical providers. Buying from the company store IS NEVER a good idea.

What we need is private, non-profit, single payer.

Forum List

Back