CDZ Should bump stocks be legal?

Now that we've dispensed with your armchair expertise... Let educate you a little bit about bullet drop. Heres a random ballistics chart for the. 223. Drop will vary a bit between brands, bullet weights, and barrel lengths; but this will give others a rough idea...
View attachment 152787

And if it we're a. 22 lr are it seemed you we're posting in your post... There would be no pass through shots at that distance as has been reported.
At 300 yards a. 22 lr is zipping along at roughly 850fps. Which puts lethality in the shitter. It can still kill. But the wound cavity will be minimized. Learn more, type less; and leave the educating to those will at least some knowledge, and experience.

Do elaborate.

There's no way one dude zeroed 23 scopes in @ 330 yards within 4 months.

As you've posted, at that distance, the bullet drop is 18-28 inches, it starts dropping pretty quick there. A semi-auto rifle like that is really only good to 400 yards.

No way 23 rifles were tuned to that distance by one man within 4 months.

I don't care if it's what he did every day for that 4 months, still not possible.

Oh, and there were pass-through wounds at the shooting.
No shit there were pass through wounds... Because he wasn't using a. 22lr... That's the point. Stick to drunken, campfire "fish tales". With each post, you further discredit your previous posts. You're embarrassing yourself...

Now that we've dispensed with your armchair expertise... Let educate you a little bit about bullet drop. Heres a random ballistics chart for the. 223. Drop will vary a bit between brands, bullet weights, and barrel lengths; but this will give others a rough idea...
View attachment 152787

And if it we're a. 22 lr are it seemed you we're posting in your post... There would be no pass through shots at that distance as has been reported.
At 300 yards a. 22 lr is zipping along at roughly 850fps. Which puts lethality in the shitter. It can still kill. But the wound cavity will be minimized. Learn more, type less; and leave the educating to those will at least some knowledge, and experience.

Do elaborate.

As you've posted, at that distance, the bullet drop is 18-28 inches, it starts dropping pretty quick there. A semi-auto rifle like that is really only good to 400 yards.

I don't care if it's what he did every day for that 4 months, still not possible.

No shit there were pass through wounds... Because he wasn't using a. 22lr... That's the point. Stick to drunken, campfire "fish tales". With each post, you further discredit your previous posts. You're embarrassing yourself...

STFU bitch. A .223 isn't a .22 bullet? It is.

GFY.

No way a man acquired skill to make 330 yard shots with a .223 with 23 different guns within 4 months.

2557663-mission_impossibru.jpg

Who cares what you did with a 30-06? With about a. 25" drop - 3" inch drop between 1-200 yards, bullet weight, and barrel length depending... There's literally nothing impressive about hitting a 3" clay at that distance. While you may have been proud of your feat. There was nothing special about it. Nothing...

Ah, but I have 2-3" max drop @ 200 yards with .06

If you really were a shooter, you would know that.

.06 ain't no .223. It's the reason we won WW2.

View attachment 152787

Do elaborate.

GFY.

No way a man acquired skill to make 330 yard shots with a .223 with 23 different guns within 4 months.

Dude... Just stop. Do you realize that lefties are reading this? You are embarrassing gun owners everywhere. Open the garage door, and park your pridemobile. It's over. The only way you could save face on this issue, is to delete your posts on the matter, ( which comes highly recommended) or have a mod do it for you. You are waaay out of your league, and don't have the knowledge, or experience to have this conversation. Meanwhile lefties are reading this realizing that you own guns, and wondering how many gun owners out there are just as knowledgeable, and experienced as you... Youre making us all look bad. Really, really bad... Stop. Please...

View attachment 152787

Do elaborate.

GFY.

Dude... Just stop. Do you realize that lefties are reading this? You are embarrassing gun owners everywhere. Open the garage door, and park your pridemobile. It's over. The only way you could save face on this issue, is to delete your posts on the matter, ( which comes highly recommended) or have a mod do it for you. You are waaay out of your league, and don't have the knowledge, or experience to have this conversation. Meanwhile lefties are reading this realizing that you own guns, and wondering how many gun owners out there are just as knowledgeable, and experienced as you... Youre making us all look bad. Really, really bad... Stop. Please...

Oh! So bullet drop on .06 works like .223? I think not. ( I have a long barrel)

30-06 Ballistics Chart & Coefficient GunData.org

View attachment 152787

Do elaborate.

GFY.

No such thing was said nor suggested... You are the living embodiment of nearly every leftist argument, against civilian gun ownership... God help us all...

View attachment 152787

Do elaborate.

GFY.

View attachment 152787

Do elaborate.

GFY.

Again, for the cheap seats...
No such thing was said nor suggested... You are the living embodiment of nearly every leftist argument, against civilian gun ownership... God help us all...

Do elaborate.

GFY.

Again, for the cheap seats...

Are you claiming that one man could have dialed in 23 .223/5.56 rifles to make 330 yard shots within a time span of 4 months?

I say not possible. Firing with a "bump stock" out to 330 yards? Ludicrous.

What if I said I'd give you an AR with a 30-round magazine and bump stock, and I'd stand 330 yards away and let you shoot at me.

I get 4 shots with an .06 at that distance. I am armed as well. Who do think will win the shootout?

Shooting a single person at 330 yards is not quite the same as sprayin a crowd of thousands.

Sure there is......during riots.....they will keep your property from being looted and burned, your wives and daughters from being raped and murdered.....that is reason alone.

I have to disagree here.

As a tactical issue, you will keep a crowd of criminal idiots at bay much more effectively with well aimed single fire that hits, as opposed to bursts of fire that aren't likely to hit unless they're on top of you already. In that case you should have been making single face shots at 50 meters.

I want the GCA of 68 repealed as well as the Hughes and Lautenberg Amendments. The NFA needs to be relaxed as well.

These slide fire stocks were a bloodbath waiting to happen. I'm surprised some idiots have't tried to re-enact the movie "Heat" and ended up killing people before now. The slide fire stocks serve no practical purpose beyond wasting ammo. Even in a riot, spraying rifle fire is something that only a despot's zealot would do. In the 1992 LA riots Korean Store owners kept the crowds at bay with semi-auto SKS rifles.

Unless you're a professional operator on an actual combat mission, you're a liability to everyone around you if you don't know how to deploy with and engage opposition with a full auto weapon.

Recent events have me thinking about these. Essentially it is a device which if I understand right somewhat clumsily uses the recoil of the rifle to make it fire faster.

Full-Auto Fast - Product Update - $99 Bump Stock - GunsAmerica Digest

I have never fired a gun with one. When first watching the video's of the recent tragedy I thought, "Is that an automatic rifle" but it was almost too slow.

Now according to the AP the gunman used a bumpstock Las Vegas shooting: Gunman had ‘bump-stock’ device that could speed fire – The Denver Post Which would explain the rate of fire.

So, if I understand bumpstocks are only good at firing into a herd or crowd since they reduce accuracy?

Is the rate of fire sufficient they should be regulated like automatic rifles are?

Or are they no big deal and I should be able to go buy one?

I see no reason to ban them. They are used for hobby shooting

-Geaux
=======

View attachment 152537

Other than massacring innocent people there is no reason to have this level of firepower
what kind of car do you own?

What size house do you live in?

What kind of pet do you have?

Why don't you have a bigger, fancier, or more exotic one?

There are many restrictions on the car I own to make it safer. I am not allowed to drive drunk and must be licensed, insured and wear a seat belt
My house is limited by local zoning and safety laws
I am restricted in the type of pet I can own......I am not allowed to own a tiger

These guns have no application in civilian use other than to massacre as many people as you can in a short period of time
There are many restrictions on the car I own to make it safer.

and even more in the manufacture and selling of firearms

Not allowed to move? limited in what way?

Can't put on additions, paint it, etc?

I am not allowed to own a tiger

Why not?

These guns have no application in civilian use other than to massacre as many people as you can in a short period of time

no, there are multiple uses, you just ignore the ones that don't fit your agenda

Name a practical use of an AR-15 that has been modified to shoot 500 rounds per minute?

Not a requirement to own one

-Geaux

You can bump fire without any external devices whatsoever.

Maybe we should make fingers and thumbs illegal too
How well d
What if I said I'd give you an AR with a 30-round magazine and bump stock, and I'd stand 330 yards away and let you shoot at me.

I get 4 shots with an .06 at that distance. I am armed as well. Who do think will win the shootout?
and if you are standing in the middle of a crowd of 20,000 people, people will get shot. It doesn't take a marksman to hit random people in a large crowd.

An AR 15 modified with a bump stock is capable of firing at 500 rounds per minute
According to who? Bushmaster, a (the? not sure, doesn't matter) manufacturer of the AR-15, seems to disagree with your statement. Do you propose to know more about the AR than them?

Why anyone needs that firepower beyond me
Unless you are planning on a massacre
Or you are wanting the ability to defend yourself from, oh, I don't know, a tyrannical government, for example. I am not suggesting that is a real threat today in the U.S., however, can you name just one society that has descended into tyranny with a well armed populace, capable of defending itself?

There does seem to be a fundamental difference in the way government is viewed here as well. Some seem to believe the government is there to keep us "in line". I see it the other way around. WE are there to keep the government "in line". The moment the government no longer fears the populace, is the moment we start to lose our rights, liberties, and freedom.

Oh save us from your tyrannical government bullshit

If you need to assemble an arsenal in anticipation of the day you have to fight it out with a tyrannical government you belong in an institution

JUST the person who should not be allowed to purchase weapons

if this clown had not used a "Bump stock" and instead took a controlled and "aimed" shot every 2-3 seconds, he would have killed a lot more people.

One could easily argue the (novelty - no serious shooter uses one) bump stock saved lives!!

Hard to prove

Randomly spraying bullets at high rates of fire into a densely packed crowd has a high probability of finding a target

View attachment 152537

Other than massacring innocent people there is no reason to have this level of firepower

There are many restrictions on the car I own to make it safer. I am not allowed to drive drunk and must be licensed, insured and wear a seat belt
I am restricted in the type of pet I can own......I am not allowed to own a tiger

You're require by law to wear a seat belt, have insurance, have a license and do not drive under the influence but there are some that disobey the law and drive drunk without a license that has been suspended while having no insurance and not wearing seat belt that have killed people, so how well did those laws work?

As for housing and zoning and safety laws, well people have died in fires where people did not obey the law once again.

Also you can own a pet tiger if you meet the requirements in most states.

So as you can see anything can be improperly used to kill and harm someone but gun goes bang bang so it must be banned...

There are many restrictions on the car I own to make it safer.

and even more in the manufacture and selling of firearms

Not allowed to move? limited in what way?

Can't put on additions, paint it, etc?

I am not allowed to own a tiger

Why not?

no, there are multiple uses, you just ignore the ones that don't fit your agenda

Name a practical use of an AR-15 that has been modified to shoot 500 rounds per minute?
name the practical use of a car that's been modified to travel at 200 mph

I don't know.....but not to massacre a classroom full of six year olds or 59 concert goers

Tell me what did Tim McVeigh use to kill all those innocent people with and what about those Hijackers or how about France?

It seem Boxcutters, Planes and Trucks are more dangerous, so can I have them ban please?

Of course not because to you those weapons are not dangerous at all but firearm goes bang bang so it must be ban!

Forum List

Back