Should employee benefits be tax exempt?

Should government approved employee benefits be tax exempt? Why or why not?

• Total voters
There is no such thing as "free shit". There are government programs to benefit taxpayers. Unlike the USA, our tax dollars don't go to corporations or to the wealthy. Our tax dollars are spent on infrastructure, education, health care, and our citizens.
This has got to be the most fucking naive thing you've ever posted....And it's not like there's a dearth of naivete to choose from.

Why health insurance? Is that the only benefit that should be tax exempt?

There's health insurance plans and health insurance plans. There's bare bones plans with high co-pays which should not be taxed, because of the co-pays, and cadillac plans which cover everything with no co-pays and cost thousands of dollars to buy.

There is a third option. Single payer health insurance and no one is taxed.

So, under Communism no one is taxed and everyone gets everything just by magic?

Dayum, you Stalinists sure have a great plan...

Under single payer, employers pay a health care tax, and workers pay $25 per month for health insurance.

MOAR FREE SHIT!!!!!

There is no such thing as "free shit". There are government programs to benefit taxpayers. Unlike the USA, our tax dollars don't go to corporations or to the wealthy. Our tax dollars are spent on infrastructure, education, health care, and our citizens.

The GDP of the entire globe could not pay for the Warren medical fantasy.

Choose one. If you feel like it, explain your answer.

I believe in Flat taxes or consumption taxes ( no income tax). I also think that any over time pay should be tax free. With the Flat tax, there should be about a 40,000 dollar exemption for individuals that would cover people who don't make a lot of money.......

A flat tax is still an income tax. It just isn't graduated.

Any direct tax will be corrupt. The well connected will buy laws to exempt themselves from taxation.

But you have no issue of driving on a taxpayer paid roadway.

DERP.

Roads are paid for by the indirect tax levied on gasoline, retard. You're too stupid to grasp you are making my argument for me.

Just over 80% is, the balance is made up from the general fund or direct tax.

Quite the opposite. Road taxes are raided to pad the general fund.

It would mean the end of wages for the rich. They would only get untaxable benefits.

Couldn't be more wrong if you were paid to be.

There is one -and ONLY ONE- reason for debt and deficits: TOO MUCH SPENDING.

There are two reasons we have deficits;

1. The American Worker doesn't make enough. That would be you.

2. The wealthy and Corporate America don't pay enough. That would be me.

Yep, that must be the reason why you whine so much about free healthcare and free college...because you're wealthy.

I suspect he is either a trust-fund baby, who never worked a day in his life and was born with a silver spoon up his ass...or a trolling child.

I am someone that is much smarter than you. After all, I believe that you need a raise in pay, and you don't because your poor employer is barley scraping by. SUCKER!!!!

Is that intended to make sense? Did you spend some of your trust fund on drugs again?

You don't believe you need a raise in pay? You're not that good?

There's health insurance plans and health insurance plans. There's bare bones plans with high co-pays which should not be taxed, because of the co-pays, and cadillac plans which cover everything with no co-pays and cost thousands of dollars to buy.

Under single payer, employers pay a health care tax, and workers pay $25 per month for health insurance.

MOAR FREE SHIT!!!!!

Not for what the company store medical providers in the US charge.

I believe in Flat taxes or consumption taxes ( no income tax). I also think that any over time pay should be tax free. With the Flat tax, there should be about a 40,000 dollar exemption for individuals that would cover people who don't make a lot of money.......

A flat tax is still an income tax. It just isn't graduated.

Any direct tax will be corrupt. The well connected will buy laws to exempt themselves from taxation.

But you have no issue of driving on a taxpayer paid roadway.

DERP.

Roads are paid for by the indirect tax levied on gasoline, retard. You're too stupid to grasp you are making my argument for me.

Just over 80% is, the balance is made up from the general fund or direct tax.

Quite the opposite. Road taxes are raided to pad the general fund.

Which (if true) solidifies my point more!

There are two reasons we have deficits;

1. The American Worker doesn't make enough. That would be you.

2. The wealthy and Corporate America don't pay enough. That would be me.

Yep, that must be the reason why you whine so much about free healthcare and free college...because you're wealthy.

I suspect he is either a trust-fund baby, who never worked a day in his life and was born with a silver spoon up his ass...or a trolling child.

I am someone that is much smarter than you. After all, I believe that you need a raise in pay, and you don't because your poor employer is barley scraping by. SUCKER!!!!

Is that intended to make sense? Did you spend some of your trust fund on drugs again?

I'm getting one next week, actually.

FANTASTIC, I hope it's more than $48.5K.

Are you attempting to make some sort of POINT...or are you just flailing?

MOAR FREE SHIT!!!!!

And yet every other first world country in the world manages to provide that care to their citizens.

Getting paid what you're worth.

Getting paid what you're worth.
So, flailing it is, then.

Giving employer benefits tax exemptions is unfair, not supported by law, and is a total disaster.
What it means is you can't quit your job because your employer owns you through your heath care.
If you quit, you lose all the health insurance premiums you have paid in.
Poor people who do not have jobs that pay employer benefits then end up effectively subsidizing the health care of the wealthy who get tax exempt employer benefits.
And by prepaying your health care through private insurance premiums, you lose all ability to influence any quality or cost issues by your providers or insurance company.

If there was some sort of single payer, like Medicare for all, the we would all be paying less than half what we are now for health care, because if nothing else, the providers would not have to spend billions one specialized insurance forms administrators.

My fire department does not.

What city do you live?

Try that again in English, and I will still not answer. You don't need to know.

You won't answer because it will prove you a liar.

I won't answer because it is none of your damn business what city I live in, dumbass!

Liar!!!!!

What business is it of yours where I live?

Giving employer benefits tax exemptions is unfair, not supported by law, and is a total disaster.
What it means is you can't quit your job because your employer owns you through your heath care.
If you quit, you lose all the health insurance premiums you have paid in.
Poor people who do not have jobs that pay employer benefits then end up effectively subsidizing the health care of the wealthy who get tax exempt employer benefits.
And by prepaying your health care through private insurance premiums, you lose all ability to influence any quality or cost issues by your providers or insurance company.

If there was some sort of single payer, like Medicare for all, the we would all be paying less than half what we are now for health care, because if nothing else, the providers would not have to spend billions one specialized insurance forms administrators.

Why can't you quit your job?

I guess you never had one which is why you don't know.

Forum List

Back