Should employee benefits be tax exempt?

Should government approved employee benefits be tax exempt? Why or why not?

• Total voters
Now let's say the government raised its revenue needs to 30 bucks from each of us, because a majority of dipshits voted for the government to give hookers free puppies.

If you earn 100 dollars, the tax rate would have to be 30 percent to get your "fair share" out of you.

But let's chuck in that 10 dollar "standard deduction".

Now the tax rate would have to be raised from 30 percent to 33.33 percent.

That's how our system works.

It is further complicated when other tax expenditures are added in. Breeding, large mortgages, the right kind of refrigerators, employee health insurance exemptions, etc.

These add up to $1.4 trillion the government has to make up for by raising tax rates further and further.

Eventually, tax rates became so high because of this, the American people started complaining. So the tax rates were raised just so high, and then the rest of that $1.4 trillion has to be borrowed every fricking year.

And people earning identical incomes are paying radically different tax amounts, which is not just insane but also grossly unjust. This is massive government interference in our lives.

The whole problem could be solved by simply eliminating tax expenditures, and drastically lowering tax rates, and everyone earning identical incomes would pay identical taxes.

There are two reasons we have deficits;

1. The American Worker doesn't make enough.

2. The wealthy and Corporate America don't pay enough.

Couldn't be more wrong if you were paid to be.

There is one -and ONLY ONE- reason for debt and deficits: TOO MUCH SPENDING.

1. The American Worker doesn't make enough. That would be you.

2. The wealthy and Corporate America don't pay enough. That would be me.

Yep, that must be the reason why you whine so much about free healthcare and free college...because you're wealthy.

I suspect he is either a trust-fund baby, who never worked a day in his life and was born with a silver spoon up his ass...or a trolling child.

Choose one. If you feel like it, explain your answer.

I believe in Flat taxes or consumption taxes ( no income tax). I also think that any over time pay should be tax free. With the Flat tax, there should be about a 40,000 dollar exemption for individuals that would cover people who don't make a lot of money.......

I believe in Flat taxes or consumption taxes ( no income tax). I also think that any over time pay should be tax free. With the Flat tax, there should be about a 40,000 dollar exemption for individuals that would cover people who don't make a lot of money.......

A flat tax is still an income tax. It just isn't graduated.

Any direct tax will be corrupt. The well connected will buy laws to exempt themselves from taxation.

Any direct tax will be corrupt. The well connected will buy laws to exempt themselves from taxation.

A flat tax or consumption tax (after the income tax is revoked) are the only fair ways to tax people.

Now let's say the government raised its revenue needs to 30 bucks from each of us, because a majority of dipshits voted for the government to give hookers free puppies.

If you earn 100 dollars, the tax rate would have to be 30 percent to get your "fair share" out of you.

It is further complicated when other tax expenditures are added in. Breeding, large mortgages, the right kind of refrigerators, employee health insurance exemptions, etc.

These add up to $1.4 trillion the government has to make up for by raising tax rates further and further.

Eventually, tax rates became so high because of this, the American people started complaining. So the tax rates were raised just so high, and then the rest of that $1.4 trillion has to be borrowed every fricking year.

And people earning identical incomes are paying radically different tax amounts, which is not just insane but also grossly unjust. This is massive government interference in our lives.

The whole problem could be solved by simply eliminating tax expenditures, and drastically lowering tax rates, and everyone earning identical incomes would pay identical taxes.

Yep, that must be the reason why you whine so much about free healthcare and free college...because you're wealthy.

I suspect he is either a trust-fund baby, who never worked a day in his life and was born with a silver spoon up his ass...or a trolling child.

I'd go with the latter.

Nonsense.

The income tax began as a milti-tired flat tax, and look at what it has become.

The feds need to run their protection rackets without their thumbs in the pocketbooks of the general populace.

A flat tax or consumption tax (after the income tax is revoked) are the only fair ways to tax people.

Indirect taxes (such as consumption) are the only fair ways to tax people.

IF you pay rent on your property through property tax, then you are not the owner of that property.

Indirect taxes (such as consumption) are the only fair ways to tax people.

IF you pay rent on your property through property tax, then you are not the owner of that property.
Imposts, duties, and excises are the only (relatively) legit federal taxes....Specific charges on goods, in order to pay for specific authorized functions of The State.

Yeah. I'm not really interested in debating what kind of taxes are best. My concern is with the way Congress uses tax exemptions, incentives, penalties, etc.... to control society. We're all such gullible suckers about it too. We tend to think of these exemptions as good things - because, hey, free shit! - but, primarily, they benefit Congress and the lobbyists, eager to use the tax code to herd society in their preferred direction.

What has never penetrated your dense head after all these years is that TAX EXPENDITURES ARE SPENDING.

$1.4 TRILLION OF SPENDING.

How can it be "spending" if the government never receives the money in the first place? They are not spending anything. It is a reduction in tax receipts. You keep your own money!

Thread: Should government approved employee benefits be tax exempt? Why or why not?

Government employee benefits should be taxed the same as non-government employees. The government was never intended to be a Cinderella story for its employees, but a way for people who serve Americans can be same as average Americans are. No better, no worse. I don't see a lot of Americans with 30 days of holidays nor month-long furloughs for their first 20 years of employment.

Who gets 30 days of holidays?
Assuming you use "holiday" in the British sense (vacation), I do. 4 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days, 5 personal days.

How many years have you worked for your employer?

I am management and I get 80 hours paid time off per year, no sick days and no personal days.

Yeah. I'm not really interested in debating what kind of taxes are best. My concern is with the way Congress uses tax exemptions, incentives, penalties, etc.... to control society. We're all such gullible suckers about it too. We tend to think of these exemptions as good things - because, hey, free shit! - but, primarily, they benefit Congress and the lobbyists, eager to use the tax code to herd society in their preferred direction.

If that is what you believe, you are not a liberal!

Yeah. I'm not really interested in debating what kind of taxes are best. My concern is with the way Congress uses tax exemptions, incentives, penalties, etc.... to control society. We're all such gullible suckers about it too. We tend to think of these exemptions as good things - because, hey, free shit! - but, primarily, they benefit Congress and the lobbyists eager to use the tax code to herd society in their preferred direction.

If that is what you believe, you are not a liberal!

And yet clearly not a conservative. Did you see how they answered the poll? Apparently, most of those on the right love it when Congress plays these kinds of games.

Last edited:
Thread: Should government approved employee benefits be tax exempt? Why or why not?

Government employee benefits should be taxed the same as non-government employees. The government was never intended to be a Cinderella story for its employees, but a way for people who serve Americans can be same as average Americans are. No better, no worse. I don't see a lot of Americans with 30 days of holidays nor month-long furloughs for their first 20 years of employment.

Assuming you use "holiday" in the British sense (vacation), I do. 4 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days, 5 personal days.

I am management and I get 80 hours paid time off per year, no sick days and no personal days.

13. 4 weeks of vacation is gotten at 7 years.

13. 4 weeks of vacation is gotten at 7 years.

S, your example is an outlier and not representative of the average worker. Got it!

Isn't it telling that most of those "on the right" support this kind of Congressional meddling? So much for limited government.

3. There's no debt without SPENDING..

There is no driving to work without spending. And for me, there wouldn't be anywhere to land my jet.
Completely irrelevant to the point.

Roadways and airports don't cost monies? Or is it that you want to use them without paying?

A fire department doesn't derive public tax monies allocated through tax money expenditures?

My fire department does not.

What city do you live?

Try that again in English, and I will still not answer. You don't need to know.

You won't answer because it will prove you a liar.

I won't answer because it is none of your damn business what city I live in, dumbass!

Liar!!!!!

When did I "whine" about free healthcare and college?

Forum List

Back