Should ET detection protocols have the force of international law?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
What NASA or other countrys' governments do with a confirmed alien signal varies and is up to them. But shouldn't what private citizens do be restricted by law?

Ok Mr./Ms. backyard astronomer detects an alien signal. So have various government agencies and organizations but they're keeping it under wraps at least for the moment. Shouldn't an individual fall under some sort of international law preventing them from replying "Hey aliens, here we are, nice tasty humans. We taste like pork according to our cannibals." :)

Not hard to see how endangering over 7 billion other people might be something above a person's paygrade who dresses up in sci-fi costumes and goes to conventions with pointy plastic ears on their head. So shouldn't there be laws in place with some severe punishments for putting the planet in jeopardy? Like we'll kill you for it type penalties? :)

So if I find out aliens are on the way and I tell people besides the government I get in serious trouble? The same governments that are constantly embroiled in one scandal after another, go to war over the flimsiest of reasons, or are so inept and bureaucratically top heavy that it borders on comic criminality, those governments I'm supposed to trust with that information?

Yeah, I'm putting it out for the world to see, penalties be damned.

Forum List

Back