🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should House Democrats Investigate Trump?

Should House Democrats Investigate Trump?

• Yes

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters
I have looked closely at Article One of the Constitution, and I find NOTHING even hinting at Congress overseeing the President.

In fact, if anyone in Congress believes that the President has done anything wrong, there is a whole Department that handles such things, NOT Congress.

And when the President controls that "Department" and he has threatened them dearly then it's going to fall on the Congress. If you don't like it, fine. If you refuse to live with it, buy your own island and make your own laws.

Hey guys maybe the Democrats should do something productive rather than just waste all of their time going after Trump.

"Fuck you!"

Oh, sorry.

unlike the (R)s.... the (D)s can actually walk & chew gum at the same time. in case you haven't noticed - while they have been going after trump, they also managed to pass some bills in the house that included strengthening background checks, restoring the voting rights act, bringing big pharma in front of congress to testify about out of control drug pricing...

my my my....

An incredible amount of time is being wasted on trying to go after Trump. This is why nothing meaningful gets done in politics. Republicans and Democrats would rather kill each other than find ways to compromise.

i disagree... he is in deep with putin & needs to go.

He's not going to go. You are no different than the partisan lunatics that thought Obama was going to get removed from office. Also you're ignorant if you think Russia is a serious threat to us in the year 2019.

uh..... no. i have faith in the intel community& much more intelligent people like jill winebanks & malcolm nance who have much more intelligence than silly posters such as yourself who don't know wtf they are talking about.

Hey guys maybe the Democrats should do something productive rather than just waste all of their time going after Trump.

"Fuck you!"

Oh, sorry.
It’s better to keep them investigating.

What if they actually represented the people they're supposed to represent? :eek:

The really fucking frustrating part is they are. Just look at the asshole that started this thread. That's all they think about.

"MUST...DESTROY...ORANGE MAN!"

nope.... it's

must destroy treason.

So, what you are saying is that the left is not going to accept Mueller investigation. If that's the case, why did you go down that road. How many more investigations will the left keep initiating.

Problem is, what you are doing may play right into trumps hands. If/when the mueller investigations come up empty, and the next 2 years, if you cant prove anything, its going to be a big campaign point in 2020 for trump.

The left tipped their hand along time ago. Everyone knows this incessant need to investigate trump by the left is not about any kind if criminal activity, it's about your dislike of trump and desire to remove him from office or hurt his election chances.

I think over the next 2 years, more and more people will wake up to this fact, and become disenchanted by the Democrat party because of it.

mueller's mandate is limited to russia. he handed over any other unrelated intel to their respective prosecutors. that's why he has people from watergate & enron looking into trumpco's other dirty deeds.... then there's the SDNY. they be all over some RICO cases for sure.

I have looked closely at Article One of the Constitution, and I find NOTHING even hinting at Congress overseeing the President.

In fact, if anyone in Congress believes that the President has done anything wrong, there is a whole Department that handles such things, NOT Congress.

'I have looked closely at Article One of the Constitution, and I find NOTHING even hinting at Congress overseeing the President.'

Investigations & Oversight | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives

'in fact, if anyone in Congress believes that the President has done anything wrong, there is a whole Department that handles such things, NOT Congress.'

shirley you can't mean the justice dept... you can't have proper checks & balances that way since the justice dept is part of the executive branch.

I voted yes. Hope they waste all of 2019 with their idiotic investigations.

By the time 2020 rolls around the voters will have gotten a good look at the Dem House.

What a bunch of losers.

shirley you can't mean the justice dept... you can't have proper checks & balances that way since the justice dept is part of the executive branch.

And the DOJ has a policy that states that the President is above the law

Really?? Guess Nixon didn't get the memo.

Are you REALLY that fucking retarded?

Nixon was an "unindicted co-conspirator".

The DOJ never indicted him.

And they have ANOTHER policy (that Comey ignored on two occasions kinda recently) that states that they will not "denigrate" someone they are not indicting. Barr was very clear on both of those points during his confirmation hearing.

So that begs the age old question so often asked of Republicans

Are you stupid or lying..or both...

"Fuck you!"

Oh, sorry.

unlike the (R)s.... the (D)s can actually walk & chew gum at the same time. in case you haven't noticed - while they have been going after trump, they also managed to pass some bills in the house that included strengthening background checks, restoring the voting rights act, bringing big pharma in front of congress to testify about out of control drug pricing...

my my my....

An incredible amount of time is being wasted on trying to go after Trump. This is why nothing meaningful gets done in politics. Republicans and Democrats would rather kill each other than find ways to compromise.

i disagree... he is in deep with putin & needs to go.
Prove it liar.

It's obvious that the democrats can't chew gum and walk at the same time.
So they chose to investigate and not legislate

The people of this great nation just need to sit back and watch

And they have ANOTHER policy (that Comey ignored on two occasions kinda recently) that states that they will not "denigrate" someone they are not indicting. Barr was very clear on both of those points during his confirmation hearing.

Not as stupid as you. Comey also ignored Hitlery and her top secret and classified communications on her private server.

Oh and let us all know when Trump is indicted.

Dumbass.

So, what you are saying is that the left is not going to accept Mueller investigation. If that's the case, why did you go down that road. How many more investigations will the left keep initiating.

Problem is, what you are doing may play right into trumps hands. If/when the mueller investigations come up empty, and the next 2 years, if you cant prove anything, its going to be a big campaign point in 2020 for trump.

The left tipped their hand along time ago. Everyone knows this incessant need to investigate trump by the left is not about any kind if criminal activity, it's about your dislike of trump and desire to remove him from office or hurt his election chances.

I think over the next 2 years, more and more people will wake up to this fact, and become disenchanted by the Democrat party because of it.

mueller's mandate is limited to russia. he handed over any other unrelated intel to their respective prosecutors. that's why he has people from watergate & enron looking into trumpco's other dirty deeds.... then there's the SDNY. they be all over some RICO cases for sure.
Ok, but my premise still stands. The left was talking impeachment before trump was actually inaugurated. When the house regained a majority, they vowed for more investigations. It has been clear since trump was elected that this has always about removing him from office.

I just think over time, even the left will grow tired of the continual attacks and investigations, especially if, time after time, they keep coming up empty handed.

Adam Schiff Hires a Former Prosecutor to Lead the Trump Investigation

Representative Adam Schiff, the chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, has hired a veteran prosecutor with experience fighting Russian organized crime to lead his investigation of the Trump Administration. Last month, according to a committee source, Daniel Goldman, who served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of New York from 2007 to 2017, joined the committee’s staff as a senior adviser and the director of investigations.

Goldman seems well suited to lead this effort. As deputy chief of the organized-crime section of the Manhattan U.S. Attorney’s office, Goldman supervised the prosecution of more than thirty defendants accused of racketeering, gambling, and money laundering. During his decade in the office, Goldman convicted individuals associated with Russian organized crime of securities fraud and health-care fraud, and convicted leading figures in the Genovese crime family of racketeering and murder.

More: Adam Schiff Hires a Former Prosecutor to Lead the Trump Investigation

Great news! This guy is a mob expert.

And the DOJ has a policy that states that the President is above the law

uh - no. now follow the bouncing ball...

the DOJ serves at the pleasure of the prez.
BUT
the DOJ 'policy' is not the law.
we are a nation of laws, not of men.
the constitution is the cornerstone of laws on which this nation has been built.
the constitution says that no man is above the law
WHICH IS WHY
we have 3 co equal branches of government.
AND
the constitution has mechanisms in place such as the 25th amendment...
AND THEN THERE'S THIS LITTLE FACTOID

DiPdvA3XUAASrWz.png

got it now?

good.

nixon resigned before that could happen... but he saw the writing on the wall. i don't thnik trump will skate away unscathed. he's gonna fall thru the ice. even IF he resigns & even IF he gets pardoned... NYS is waiting for him.

don't know if this will ever happen, but there's some speculation that SDNY will buck that justice dept 'policy' & drop the hammer on donny from queens.

Forum List

Back