Zone1 Why Don't Gay Men and Women Repent?

Atheism is predicated on satisfaction of material needs and primitive impulses. You can't get much more primitive than dogs doing it.

At best one can say homosexual relations are sexual preferences. They aren't a class of people. At worst one can say that homosexual relations are a perversion. Something an animal would do.
Civilization is based upon humanity not following it's animal instincts but using reasoning to be "married" to the opposite sex to bring joy and happiness (A baby, not a mass of cells) into the world. Every time a civilized nation started moving into homosexual(wonton) acts, soon after that civilization crumbled. FACT.

According to common sense. Or do you disagree with all of the commands against improper sexual relations listed in Leviticus chapter 18?

According to the Levites? God made gays too.

Melchizedek's religion would have been part of the Canaanite tradition. The god whom Melchizedek serves as priest is “El ʿElyon,” a name of Canaanite origin, probably designating the high god of their pantheon.

Melchizedek is an old Canaanite name meaning “My King Is [the god] Sedek” or “My King Is Righteousness” (the meaning of the similar Hebrew cognate). Salem, of which he is said to be king, is very probably Jerusalem.

Psalm 76:2 refers to Salem in a way that implies that it is synonymous with Jerusalem, and the reference in Genesis 14:17 to “the King’s Valley” further confirms this identification. The god whom Melchizedek serves as priest is “El ʿElyon,” again a name of Canaanite origin, probably designating the high god of their pantheon. (Later, the Hebrews adapted another Canaanite name as an appellation for God.)

Every other sin I can think of I repent of. Blasphemy, cussing, (I've actually cut back on that a lot) unrighteous anger, because as a saved person I really want to at least attempt to live my life in the way God wants me to but with gay Christians they don't even seem to want to change because they're quite certain that God loves them exactly the way they are.

The truth is that He does love them but He HATES their sin. Oh and btw contrary to popular belief being gay itself isn't a sin, it's just acting on their sexual desires that's sinful behavior.

I once knew a gay Christian who preferred to stay single because of this reason and it took a lot of prayer and will power to get to that point but he still accomplished it so it is very doable.

If you do something, then you "repent" and then you do it again, have you actually repented? Doesn't seem so.

Maybe these gay people don't think that SEX is anything to repent, maybe they're not Christian.

And you say God loves gay people. So why do religious people attack them all the time.

Everyone sins, but you only attack gay people for their sins.

Civilization is based upon humanity not following it's animal instincts but using reasoning to be "married" to the opposite sex to bring joy and happiness (A baby, not a mass of cells) into the world. Every time a civilized nation started moving into homosexual(wonton) acts, soon after that civilization crumbled. FACT.
When they became satisfied, they became proud. And when they became proud, they forgot me. ~God

According to the Levites? God made gays too.

Melchizedek's religion would have been part of the Canaanite tradition. The god whom Melchizedek serves as priest is “El ʿElyon,” a name of Canaanite origin, probably designating the high god of their pantheon.

Melchizedek is an old Canaanite name meaning “My King Is [the god] Sedek” or “My King Is Righteousness” (the meaning of the similar Hebrew cognate). Salem, of which he is said to be king, is very probably Jerusalem.

Psalm 76:2 refers to Salem in a way that implies that it is synonymous with Jerusalem, and the reference in Genesis 14:17 to “the King’s Valley” further confirms this identification. The god whom Melchizedek serves as priest is “El ʿElyon,” again a name of Canaanite origin, probably designating the high god of their pantheon. (Later, the Hebrews adapted another Canaanite name as an appellation for God.)
I don't need to rely on the Levites to know that everything that exists comes from God. It doesn't change what I asked you. Do you disagree with all commands in Leviticus 18 concerning improper sexual relations?

If you do something, then you "repent" and then you do it again, have you actually repented? Doesn't seem so.

Maybe these gay people don't think that SEX is anything to repent, maybe they're not Christian.

And you say God loves gay people. So why do religious people attack them all the time.

Everyone sins, but you only attack gay people for their sins.
Everyone sins, yes, because we are human, but there are those who allow Lucifer to lead them into sinful thinking. Lusting for another man's ass is one of those sins.

I don't need to rely on the Levites to know that everything that exists comes from God. It doesn't change what I asked you. Do you disagree with all commands in Leviticus 18 concerning improper sexual relations?

Nope.

On May 15, 1829, John the Baptist appeared to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery and restored the Aaronic Priesthood. Shortly thereafter, the ancient Apostles Peter, James, and John appeared to Joseph and Oliver and restored the Melchizedek Priesthood.

I didn't know that Smith had resurrected John the Baptist.

Last edited:
So, then you just disagree with some of the commands? How many do you disagree with?

Because I'm proving that these commands are common sense. I'm guessing that you only disagree with one of the commands. Which if that is the case, it's illogical.

So, then you just disagree with some of the commands? How many do you disagree with?

Because I'm proving that these commands are common sense. I'm guessing that you only disagree with one of the commands. Which if that is the case, it's illogical.

You think God wrote Leviticus? I don't think loving someone is a big sin like lying, stealing, murder , sexual assault or forgery or swindling.

Leviticus 18:1, 22
1 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Romans 1:21-32
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Leviticus 18:1, 22
1 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Romans 1:21-32
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
This

Every other sin I can think of I repent of. Blasphemy, cussing, (I've actually cut back on that a lot) unrighteous anger, because as a saved person I really want to at least attempt to live my life in the way God wants me to but with gay Christians they don't even seem to want to change because they're quite certain that God loves them exactly the way they are.

The truth is that He does love them but He HATES their sin. Oh and btw contrary to popular belief being gay itself isn't a sin, it's just acting on their sexual desires that's sinful behavior.

I once knew a gay Christian who preferred to stay single because of this reason and it took a lot of prayer and will power to get to that point but he still accomplished it so it is very doable.
It sounds like U got your act together RR. U R correct about Maker in my opinion; loves the person(creation) but disapproves of their sins(aberrations). If one has an issue with their Maker then they, like an ocean going ship, have a tendency to pick up ever more barnacles 'aberrations' on their trip through this life. If the statist left was not strung out on Power & Control(PC) over other folks they would be much more acceptable to folks that harbor other ideologies. Take care, till next time!

What about adultery? According to the very words of Jesus, if you get divorced for any reason other than your spouse cheating on you, and you get remarried you are committing adultery.

Should all these people repent and leave their adulterous relationships?

It sounds like U got your act together RR. U R correct about Maker in my opinion; loves the person(creation) but disapproves of their sins(aberrations).

It's just like any parent's love towards their child. Just because it's unconditional doesn't mean that they don't get upset with them from time to time when they do things that they're not supposed to be doing.

What about adultery? According to the very words of Jesus, if you get divorced for any reason other than your spouse cheating on you, and you get remarried you are committing adultery.

Should all these people repent and leave their adulterous relationships?

Yes but what does that have to do with anything?

Forum List

Back