Zone1 Should Little Kids Get Homework?

Do You Think That Kids Should Have Homework?

• Total voters

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I just found this article and I found it to be completely one hundred percent ridiculous. Sometimes I would have a couple to a few hours of homework when I was a kid but once I got it finished then I could have fun.

I say that homework prepares kids for the real world of when they have to work on bills and taxes. It also teaches them about work before play. It's like seriously! Give me a break! 🙄

Back in the day when I was in school, back when the world had ethics and real compassion, My school would leave a couple of classrooms open to do homework. A teacher would be present, but the concept was, if you could get your homework done before going home, you were good to go and you didn't have to carry all those books home and then back.

I lived about 2 miles from the school.

... and it was uphill, both ways and snowed frequently. :)

At third grade and below….None
You have them for six hours a day, do your job

Fourth Grade to middle school…..less than an hour
Middle school and up….less than an hour and a half

Homework is, generally, little more than tedious repetition which disadvantages children who do not have intellectual support at home. For those who do, it can promote good study habits. My grammar school had a policy of no homework, which I carried on throughout college. As a result, my grades were almost entirely dependent on how much weighting was given to homework (as opposed to tests.) This may be illustrative of knowledge vs. understanding.

Had homework when I grew up. Sometimes a little sometimes a lot.

Stop pampering kids til they grow up into Whining KARENs.

Training them to be Weak nowadays

No homework that would take more than a half hour to do other than special projects.

Hours' worth of homework is total BS.

Okay I had to reread this because yeah obviously I was talking about special projects when I said that sometimes it took me hours to get it done along with regular homework to complete.

A teacher would be present, but the concept was, if you could get your homework done before going home, you were good to go and you didn't have to carry all those books home and then back.

That's how it worked for me too and I also had study hall and Project Support when I was a freshman in middle school and Mentoring when I was a freshman in high school.

I just found this article and I found it to be completely one hundred percent ridiculous. Sometimes I would have a couple to a few hours of homework when I was a kid but once I got it finished then I could have fun.

I say that homework prepares kids for the real world of when they have to work on bills and taxes. It also teaches them about work before play. It's like seriously! Give me a break! 🙄

They would give us hours of homework every day. I say "no". School is for schoolwork.

Sorry-ass "teachers" that don't want to teach IMHO.

That's just life in my opinion so suck it up buttercup. I mean I don't think that kids should get bombarded with homework but sometimes that's just the way it is. :dunno:

Homework just eats away at children's freedom. I had my mother and late father did my homework for me until the end of 2012-2013 school year. My father passed away in February of 2013. For the 2013-2014 school year to the 2018-2019 school year, I had a virtual charter school, thus no homework. I don't remember anything I was taught in middle and elementary school, because none will affect my future job, a security officer. Did any of my homework that my parents done will actually help a security guard? No. Also how does trigonometry, mathematics, History, Science, Biology, or chemistry help me be a security guard? It doesn't.

If I had to, then they have to!

Yes….it prepares kids for the rigors of study in their later years.

I had about 30 minutes of homework beginning in 1st grade. By third, it was 1 hour. That continued until junior high, when it was about an hour and a half, and by high school, it was 2 hours. PLUS, Hebrew School 2x a week.

When I went on to college, and had about five hours or class a day and 4 - 5 hours additional daily study, I was mentally prepared for it.

Homework just eats away at children's freedom. I had my mother and late father did my homework for me until the end of 2012-2013 school year. My father passed away in February of 2013. For the 2013-2014 school year to the 2018-2019 school year, I had a virtual charter school, thus no homework. I don't remember anything I was taught in middle and elementary school, because none will affect my future job, a security officer. Did any of my homework that my parents done will actually help a security guard? No. Also how does trigonometry, mathematics, History, Science, Biology, or chemistry help me be a security guard? It doesn't.
At that time were you decided on your future career?

Education teaches BASIC FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS.

Im an electrician and we use basic trig in our job. Bending offsets, kick 90s, segmented 90s around a tank

In my youth id say Why should I learn this. I plan on being a Park Ranger.

At that time were you decided on your future career?

Education teaches BASIC FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS.

Im an electrician and we use basic trig in our job. Bending offsets, kick 90s, segmented 90s around a tank

In my youth id say Why should I learn this. I plan on being a Park Ranger.
Indeed, I did. And still wanting to be one. Though I flown to close to the sun several times wanting to be a cop a year ago, before I switched back to being a security guard.

Homework just eats away at children's freedom. I had my mother and late father did my homework for me until the end of 2012-2013 school year.

Excuse me? You mean they actually did it for you and not just helped you with it? How did you ever learn anything then?

Forum List

Back