Debunking Liberal Myths About the Rich and the Capital Gains Tax

There are a lot of retired people that live off their long term gains…a lot…what the f are you talking about?
Most who make under $100K pay zero tax on long term capital gains.

That is unlikely to change.

What should change is those making over half a mil and only paying 20%

Most who make under $100K pay zero tax on long term capital gains.

That is unlikely to change.

What should change is those making over half a mil and only paying 20%
WTF. You can’t still be this ignorant

In my case, money taken out of my 401Ks, minimum annual disbursement(distribution), is just another source of income in the appropriate line on my 1040 Income Tax return/filing. Becomes part of the formula for determining taxable amount of income, which then sets "tax bracket".

"Growth" in my 401Ks has varied over the years, IIRC there were a couple where it declined/reversed = no gain, rather loss instead.

Those who live off of the taxpayers usually have no grasp on risk and loss* potential in the part of the economy where wealth is produced versus the 'public' sector that lives off of stealing from, errrr "taxing" the producers.

* so-called capital GAIN is not a guarantee. Capital loss is also a possibility.
I've rolled all my 401K money to an IRA. haven't needed to pull any money from it, so technically I haven't paid a dime in taxes and my earnings are pretty flat. Not much gain due to the poor economics of creepy!!!

I've rolled all my 401K money to an IRA. haven't needed to pull any money from it, so technically I haven't paid a dime in taxes and my earnings are pretty flat. Not much gain due to the poor economics of creepy!!!
You’re really bad at this then. My 401 is doing really well

Forum List

Back