Trump wants to eliminate income tax, but replace it with tariffs on imported goods.

Markle look at the graph you posted carefully. Inflation started increasing even before the election.

You posted the graph, then call it fake news.

Priceless. :nono:
Not what it says at all but then, the Biden backers are dangerously desperate.

The graph wasn't fake, you lied about what it says. The audacity of that should be stunning. But, considering the source, Democrats, sadly it is not.

This video estimates that tariffs would have to be at 133%. This would mean that other countries would also put up tariffs on US goods.

So, A) foreign goods for the US would be too expensive for people to buy

B) US goods would be too expensive to sell abroad.

C) This would hit the working classes the hardest. Any tax which taxes what people buy, like sales taxes, is worse for poor people than income taxes, as the poor pay a high proportion of their wages on goods, while the rich don't.

Nothing says "I Don't Care About You, I Just Want Your Vote" than this policy.

Trump's idea to eliminate the federal income tax by creating an "all tariff policy" should he win the November election would likely further burden lower- and middle-income Americans, an expert told Newsweek, while favoring higher-income individuals.

85% tariff to make up for doing away with income tax?

It's funny we wanted so badly to do business with the rest of the world. Now we want to isolate ourselves?

Trump's idea to eliminate the federal income tax by creating an "all tariff policy" should he win the November election would likely further burden lower- and middle-income Americans, an expert told Newsweek, while favoring higher-income individuals.

It's funny we wanted so badly to do business with the rest of the world. Now we want to isolate ourselves?
And it’s fully endorsed by the TEA party rank and file..... incredible.

And it’s fully endorsed by the TEA party rank and file..... incredible.
I guess if my job and 401K didn't rely on the rest of the world, I'd want to tariff imports 85%. Until it hit their pocket books then they'd sing a different tune. But at least we'd all be buying American.

We could sell a lot more to the rest of the world if we didn't have Trump's tariffs too. Anyone consider that? Who's buying our shit then?

I guess if my job and 401K didn't rely on the rest of the world, I'd want to tariff imports 85%. Until it hit their pocket books then they'd sing a different tune. But at least we'd all be buying American.
Ummm no. Companies will just continue to import goods, pay the tariff, and pass the costs onto the consumers. American raised food would be the only difference
We could sell a lot more to the rest of the world if we didn't have Trump's tariffs too. Anyone consider that? Who's buying our shit then?
They don’t have an answer. There doesn’t need to be an answer. It disrupts the system and causes pain...the only two real goals of the MAGA movement.

Ummm no. Companies will just continue to import goods, pay the tariff, and pass the costs onto the consumers. American raised food would be the only difference

They don’t have an answer. There doesn’t need to be an answer. It disrupts the system and causes pain...the only two real goals of the MAGA movement.

I truly believe the rich successful Republicans who are playing the MAGA fools, are a bit worried what if Trump does pull a coup and it changes everything, including their 401K's and investments.

But then I realize Trump is just talking out of his ass. 85% tariffs? But I can see why he's saying this. Because he's arguing for Buy American. It's hard to argue that without coming off as a "deep state globalist rino".

Well I'm sorry but when Republicans got Clinton to sign NAFTA, I became a globalist deep state RINO that day. I even changed 25% of my investments to buy internationally. Was that wrong? That's what corporations in the 90's and 2000's told us to do.

Not what it says at all but then, the Biden backers are dangerously desperate.

The graph wasn't fake, you lied about what it says. The audacity of that should be stunning. But, considering the source, Democrats, sadly it is not.

You're lying now. Inflation started increasing before the election.

I truly believe the rich successful Republicans who are playing the MAGA fools, are a bit worried what if Trump does pull a coup and it changes everything, including their 401K's and investments.

But then I realize Trump is just talking out of his ass. 85% tariffs? But I can see why he's saying this. Because he's arguing for Buy American. It's hard to argue that without coming off as a "deep state globalist rino".

Well I'm sorry but when Republicans got Clinton to sign NAFTA, I became a globalist deep state RINO that day. I even changed 25% of my investments to buy internationally. Was that wrong? That's what corporations in the 90's and 2000's told us to do.

The 85% tariff isn't happening. The 10%, maybe. And as a suppliment to our income tax revenue. Not a replacement of it.

The employment we are creating is not as high in potential returns as bringing manufacturing back. The multiplier for manufacturing is much more.

Prove it.

You already did with the graph YOU posted. Do you not know how to read a damn graph?

Not to mention the fact that Biden didn't even have time to implement any economic policies before it shot up like a rocket in 2021. It takes months to get them passed through congress. (which is usually around November), then it take at the very least 1 year to start showing up in the economy.
And since Biden's policy was pretty much the same as Trumps (borrow trillions from the fed and dump it into the economy), there was never going to be anything good come out of it.
Since Reagan, they've all done the same exact thing. Borrow and spend. Increase the debt. Then start all over again.

The whole idea is a blow job to rich people.

The 10% might be plausible. I wouldn't consider it particularly useful, as it would result in a 10% increase in tariffs against every nation we levy it against. Which would damage, but not obliterate, our import and export markets.

Its stupid. But not catastrophic.

The 10% might be plausible. I wouldn't consider it particularly useful, as it would result in a 10% increase in tariffs against every nation we levy it against. Which would damage, but not obliterate, our import and export markets.

Its stupid. But not catastrophic.
And would transfer the tax burden more to the lower brackets.

And would transfer the tax burden more to the lower brackets.

Kinda. The 10% wouldn't replace the income tax. But would supplement it. It would be a regressive tax, and thus impact the lower brackets more. But not exclusively more. It would essentially be a 300 Billion tax increase on imported consumption, with the most likely outcome being a shift to domestic consumption instead.

'Derangement', huh? Care to point out any inaccuracy in anything I said?

Of course not. I was spot on. You won't see the kind of government spending cuts you're calling for under Trump. Trump held the single term record for the most added to the national debt in US history. Trump has build his career on leveraging massive debt loads.

You'll get more of the same in a second term.

It's funny, I think you're both right. Yes, the gov't should spend less, and Yes, Trump absolutely did NOTHING to curtail spending when he was POTUS, and I have no reason to suspect he will if re-elected. So I will throwing away my vote again this year unfortunately.

Forum List

Back